Jimmy Reid needs our help.....Please read the whole post............

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
JIMMY REID'S HEALTH IS IN NEED OF A BOOSTER SHOT...This is the URL of Jimmy Reid's latest eBay sale.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/1985usopenchamp
THIS ENTIRE 9 HOUR DVD SERIES IS 70% BELOW SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE AS MARKED, THE ONLY WAY TO FIND THEM CHEAPER WOULD BE TO PURCHASE BOOTLEG COPIES, PLEASE DON'T DO THAT TO JIMMY.

He's recovering for the last year or so from a QUACK ATTACK (Jimmy laughingly calls it)he had undergone some corrective surgery a month ago that's only temporary for now until they can figure out how to undo the errors caused by this quack. Jimmy needs a lot of help right now to pay for the medications needed to get him through this, he wanted me to tell everyone that his last 2 cat scans came back cancer free, he's a fighter and when the doctors told him in January 2006, after they diagnosed 4th stage cancer in the brain and back of the tongue, that he realisticly had only a 10% chance of survival over 2 years, and that the location of the cancer on the back of the tongue is probably the most painful and toughest to recover from, Jimmy in his normal manner said "this cancer couldn't be nearly as tough as following Ronnie Allen playing ring Pay Ball on a 6 X 12 snooker table, I outran that and I'll bet I outrun this cancer too." That's been 3&1/2 years ago.

Jimmy's insurance won't pay for 2 exotic drugs that he's been prescribed, EVOXAC and PROVIGIL. There's no generic for either one and they are a must for Jimmy to be able to function in a normal environment, Jimmy's a proud man and won't ask you guys to help but I'm asking you to go to the link above and buy the DVDs on sale in eBay to help him now, or if you're a personal friend and already own the instructional series, maybe you could PayPal him something $$, anything and send him a get well email to boot. His PayPal email address is jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net Just go to your PayPal account and click Send money, the email to that address option is there with it.

Jimmy's noon to midnight home phone is 772-807-1262 and he loves to hear from poolplayers on all levels, whether he knows them or not, got a question or need some positive input to boost your confidence before your next match, call Jimmy. He asked me to post this message, use it.

He wants Helena Thornfeldt and Monica Webb to call him, saw something on Monica's TV match that's not correct and wants to explain a lesson to them, he guarantees they'll be chomping at the bit to play anybody, so if you know how to contact them tell them to call Jimmy right away.

Two weeks ago I called Jimmy to say hello and he asked me if I would like to meet him at the pool room the next afternoon just to hit a few balls around for a couple of hours. It's almost a 2 hour drive for me but I jumped at it.

Jimmy looked pretty good and we played, mostly me with Jimmy doing the instructing for 3 hours. He gave me the perfect boost I needed for the confidence level in my game, plus he taught me the ins and outs of his favorite 1, 2, 3 and 4 rail kicking systems, for the right price, he can make himself available for 3 hour lessons, he only charges $200 for 3 hours and money back guarantees the lessons and he will straighten out your game and your mind, no wonder he beat everybody in the world playing all forms of rotation on any table. I expect to see Jimmy competing again some day soon.

He's still a positive force, whether at the table or in the chair, he told me that when playing winner breaks 8, 9, 10 ball or Straight Pool, that while he's in the chair the only thing he thinks about is running the set out his next inning. He knew if he went through his "No Time For Negative" steps at the table, he would win no matter what the last name of his opponent was.

In the last couple of weeks since spending those 3 hours with Jimmy my pool game has improved substantially. Thank you Jimmy Reid. Bless all of you that purchase the DVDs or help Jimmy right now. Jimmy calls you guys the largest widest variety and best family of friends anyone could have, your his family.

Times are tough but the only real problems in life are health problems. Thanking you in advance for helping Jimmy. Yours Cordially, Paul Cobb (Darth)pscobbec@bellsouth.net

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Paul,

I just bought Jimmy's CDs. Thanks for the update and giving us a way to help. Please tell him Dave Gross says hi and wishes him well. He may not remember me but I knew him back in the the Oak Park, MI Cushion & Cue days when he was dating Ruth. Once they broke up, Jimmy was "Ruthless" :thumbup:. We also played an all-nighter at the Rack playing 3-cushion...I never was so tired as I was after that night. And he kept getting more awake...how could that be?

Be well Jimmy.

Dave

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take care Jimmy

Take care Jimmy.We are all pulling for you!!I will help with a dvd purchase for sure!Try to keep your spirit up.I know how critical medicine can be a real financial burden.God bless you and yours and we will be praying for a full recovery.:angel:

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I have watched Jimmy's vhs set "no time for negative" and it was interesting. I hope he gets better and beats the cancer.

Joe

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump for Jimmy

Bump to the top for Jimmy.Please help out Jimmy in his time of need and get some great pool dvd's to boot!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Bump to the top for Jimmy.Please help out Jimmy in his time of need and get some great pool dvd's to boot!
seems I can not make an order via eBay, I'm not registered there and it leads me to a guest checkout where only US and Canada are listed despite I choose Russia as a shipping address earlier.
I think I will do the following, just send the money required as a donation via PayPal and cover all the rest later.
Be healthy Jimmy!

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help with ebay

I tried to buy the Dvd's at the ebay site listed and it seems that I have to open an ebay account. Is there another way? It says I can pay with paypal but I still have to open an account. Sorry, I have never used ebay.

Thanks

Pete

Donny

Banned
I have all of the Jimmy Reid videos, and they're damn good pool instructionals. They're well worth the money that they're being sold for.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love you Jimmy. I just tried to call you from the Philippines with no success. I hope you don't mind my talking about you in my book. I told the story about when we walked into the Billiard Den and New York Blackie was practicing on the front table. I told you to play anyone else but leave him alone. I went into the restroom and when I came out you were already on the table with him. You beat him anyway after my warning.

I promise not to tell everyone that you were the one who turned me on to weed, at the ripe old age of 22. I was a super straight guy from Ohio when I met you, but that all changed fast. I also won't tell them about the night a couple of years later, when I got high on acid and wandered miles to the apartment you shared with Barbara. She got out of bed and made me breakfast, bless her heart. Wasn't she the beauty then?

I'll never forget cruising Sunset in your new 1970 Caddy convertible you bought with the money you won in Detroit. What a gorgeous ride that was! Thanks for all the good memories Jimbo. We had a lot of good times together, even if you always tried to beat me out my end. Thanks for giving me the eight and the break. Ha Ha! You sure did shoot striaght! I love you!

P.S. I hope eveyone knows that Jimmy Reid was the real "Hippy Jimmy". There were several great players named Jimmy back then; Jimmy Rempe, Jimmy Mataya and Jimmy Marino were also touring the country at the same time. If a young guy named Jimmy came into a poolroom everyone scattered.

Last edited:

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
I just orderd my set, and offered to sell Jimmy's DVD set on my web site for him as well.:thumbup:

Hopefully, he makes a speedy recovery!

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
I tried to buy the Dvd's at the ebay site listed and it seems that I have to open an ebay account. Is there another way? It says I can pay with paypal but I still have to open an account. Sorry, I have never used ebay.

Thanks

Pete
Call Jimmy directly at the phone number in the first post. Please call between noon and midnight EST. Jimmy can get you the dvds. Thanks to all that are helping. Paul

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
has he attempted going to Canada for the medicine? Maybe a fellow Canadian could help out saving him a trip?

Rg
I was discussing this with Jimmy as you were making this post. Thanks. Do you know of someone that could do this for Jimmy?