Best camcorder for pool videos?

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best video camcorder for use in making pool videos?

I'm thinking that low light capability, and vibration reduction features are a must, but beyond that, what make/model would be best?

Thanks for your help...

greenkill

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a lower end Canon, Opture 60, compared to that Pro level Canon. And it shoots decently. Just make sure you got a stable tripod and you should be fine.

CajunCountry

Registered
I have the Canon Ultura, and it does do a pretty good job also, especially in well lit areas. However, I find in low light areas, it's kind of crappy.

DeadAim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mikie :D

Any camcorder will do if it's only for your own personal training use, consumer digital cameras are dirt cheap now days. If you're having light problems you can add more light if you're at home and use the least expensive digital camcorder you can find; if you're in a pool hall you'll need a higher end camcorder that has an adjustable iris so you can let more light in. Depending on your intentions you may also need a wide angle lens attachment so you can view the entire table. Unless you have some way of raising the camera up in the air about 10-12 feet you're not going to like the results; here again, it depends on what you want to accomplish.

Joe

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the feedback!

I just ordered the Sony DCR-HC90 MiniDV from Amazon.com
Check this link for the details.

Again, really appreciate the help.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Fast,

I got the 85, make sure you get a firewire for it. It's alot easier to download. You'll have alot of fun with it!

Jim

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a friends Sony Camcorder today that's an older 8mm tape model.Although it's not perfect, it was sure adequate enough to have fun with.My friend and I only recorded our shooting if we had a succesful break(my break needs work...LOL) and an on shot at the lowest numbered ball. I've got three legitimate break and runs recorded and one Bert Kinister special where I missed a shot and editted it for another runout.

My goal is to make a 30 minute to 1 hour tape of miss free break and runs.I'm going to try and watch myself (from time to time) performing break and runs and see if it helps me subliminally/mentally.Does anyone think watching a tape with no miss break and runs will help? RJ

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
My goal is to make a 30 minute to 1 hour tape of miss free break and runs.I'm going to try and watch myself (from time to time) performing break and runs and see if it helps me subliminally/mentally.Does anyone think watching a tape with no miss break and runs will help? RJ
Can it help? NO QUESTION in my mind.
The basics of NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming)
suggest that putting yourself in a powerful state of mind by "re-playing" or remembering previous victories is one of the best things you can do to build confidence. And we all know that confidence is essential to making shots. In fact, just replaying the tape of runouts will give you (some of) the benefits of actually shooting balls in practice. I'll bet this is being done by many pro players before matches, but if it isn't, it should be!