Brendan Crockett's Gold Crown 5

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I built Brendan a Gold Crown 5 yesterday, here's some picts.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

OTLB

Banned
looks very nice, I am curious why did he get rid of his ProAm? also very curious if you might have measured the pocket openings to see what they were all around? is this the tournament model with 4.5 pockets?

Last edited:

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
looks very nice, I am curious why did he get rid of his ProAm? also very curious if you might have measured the pocket openings to see what they were all around? is this the tournament model with 4.5 pockets?

yes, this is a tournament model. Brendan takes lesson from Sal Butera at Sal's pool hall where he gets plenty of practice on Diamonds. Brendan does alot of competitions and wants experience on both tables. Congrats to Brendan for just winning the junior nationals. I didn't measure the pockets.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
yes, this is a tournament model. Brendan takes lesson from Sal Butera at Sal's pool hall where he gets plenty of practice on Diamonds. Brendan does alot of competitions and wants experience on both tables. Congrats to Brendan for just winning the junior nationals. I didn't measure the pockets.

The pockets are 4 9/16" in the corners, and it looks like I did the cloth install on this table but I didn't, so it must have been my evil twin:D:D:D

Glen

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Both tables look great !

Why is the pocket liner not flush all the way around. I'm thinking that it is a design flaw ?

Since its the same on both tables

scruffy1

Silver Member
I have always found these liners to be a hair long and end up trimming them just a little to get them to fit properly.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
on this GC4 I had the same problem. I used a small nail at the top.

31.jpg

30.jpg

all though this table looks clean, I don't like the idea of puncturing the liner.

When extending the rails like this, or even with the factory longer sub-rails of the GC5, if you take your belt-sander and 45degree the pocket end of the facings, you'll create more release for the cloth to fit behind the pocket liners, because the cloth won't be just dropping off the end of the facings with a hollow gap behind the cloth, like a ledge;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Same type corner pocket on a Centennial I did. Get that relief in their and the pocket liner will sit just fine:D

Attachments

• Finished pocket look (2).JPG
    Finished pocket look (2).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 215

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Donny,

Great work and great pictures as usual! Sounds like your ready to do the 2 Gold Crown 5's we talked about last month. Call me when your ready and we will ship them from Boston to LA.

Glad to hear your back in the saddle again. Hope everything else is going well.

Jay