Stars turned out at Orangeball in Md!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
last night was Awesome! Pro player Mike Davis returned to the Orangeball Arena and had a Super tuff field to navigate for the win. listen to this list of players.

Ryan McCreesh
Manny Chau
Scott Tollfoson
Danny Green
Joey Ryan
Tom Tom (Tom Wirth)
Parks (Jimmy Parker)
Pookie
Brian Deska
Jersey John

The only one missing was Brandon Shuff!!!
I cant remember how many players total but easily over 25!
hopefully next week will have the same turnout or better!
Where else for $20 can you spar with this level of competition on a weekly basis?
 
Where else for $20 can you spar with this level of competition on a weekly basis?

First Break in Sterling!

Okay, I'm half-joking since the First Break field isn't nearly that deep, but it's many of the same names at the top, including Brandon, Manny, McCreesh, sometimes Clatterbuck.

So this $20 Wed. night tournament is going to be weekly? I may want to donate a $20 at some point. I find I enjoy losing to champions at least as much as beating players who I'm supposed to beat.

-Andrew
 
First Break in Sterling!

Okay, I'm half-joking since the First Break field isn't nearly that deep, but it's many of the same names at the top, including Brandon, Manny, McCreesh, sometimes Clatterbuck.

So this $20 Wed. night tournament is going to be weekly? I may want to donate a $20 at some point. I find I enjoy losing to champions at least as much as beating players who I'm supposed to beat.

-Andrew

It is a weekly event that has been going on for years. Problem for us is the drive!
 
Ha, I saw Pooky two weeks ago and he said he no longer plays. I knew better than to believe him but it's still funny!
 
last night was Awesome! Pro player Mike Davis returned to the Orangeball Arena and had a Super tuff field to navigate for the win. listen to this list of players.

Ryan McCreesh
Manny Chau
Scott Tollfoson
Danny Green
Joey Ryan
Tom Tom (Tom Wirth)
Parks (Jimmy Parker)
Pookie
Brian Deska
Jersey John

The only one missing was Brandon Shuff!!!
I cant remember how many players total but easily over 25!
hopefully next week will have the same turnout or better!
Where else for $20 can you spar with this level of competition on a weekly basis?

What are the races and what time does it finish(ruffly).
 
IIRC, it is right around late as shiat!

In my experience, they usually end at closing time, 2 a.m.

Sometimes, if the finals players are friends, they do the traditional "chop-chop." :grin-square:

Of course, the same could be said about First Break in Sterling, except there the owner just keeps the joint open. There's nothing worse than being up all night long and having to drive home in the morning rush hour in Virginia.
 
In my experience, they usually end at closing time, 2 a.m.

Sometimes, if the finals players are friends, they do the traditional "chop-chop." :grin-square:

Of course, the same could be said about First Break in Sterling, except there the owner just keeps the joint open. There's nothing worse than being up all night long and having to drive home in the morning rush hour in Virginia.
Tell me about it! That is my m-f drive: 24mi, 90min. That's why I get the big bucks!:boring2:
 
Mike Davis struck again at First Break last night, against some of the same players (Manny Chau, Ryan McCreesh). Well, he tied for 1st, chopping the top two payouts with McCreesh. It was late and Davis was coming off the one-loss side, and I think he was relieved that Ryan offered the split.

I was excited to see a player of Mike Davis' caliber walk in the door, and was hoping I'd get to play him. Sadly, McCreesh beat me 5-2, and Dima beat me in a tough hill-hill match that I gave away by dogging the easiest of run-outs, for the dubious honor of getting to be Davis' next victim.

But on the plus-side, I was actually very proud to take 2 racks against McCreesh (I made two very nice outs to get them), and overall I'm starting to think I could actually be good at this game some day.

-Andrew
 
last night was Awesome! Pro player Mike Davis returned to the Orangeball Arena and had a Super tuff field to navigate for the win. listen to this list of players.

Ryan McCreesh
Manny Chau
Scott Tollfoson
Danny Green
Joey Ryan
Tom Tom (Tom Wirth)
Parks (Jimmy Parker)
Pookie
Brian Deska
Jersey John

The only one missing was Brandon Shuff!!!
I cant remember how many players total but easily over 25!
hopefully next week will have the same turnout or better!
Where else for $20 can you spar with this level of competition on a weekly basis?

Mike chopped first place for several reasons:
1. Room was closing
2. He stayed at my house the last two nights
3. He was scared that I would beat him
4. And finally, he's a hell of a guy
 
Mike chopped first place for several reasons:
1. Room was closing
2. He stayed at my house the last two nights
3. He was scared that I would beat him
4. And finally, he's a hell of a guy

Glad to see you put some sense into his Wheaties, thuggie.
 
Back
Top