Delta Elite 13 Rack and Leather Inserts

Chalk Shark

Byron Design Studio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FS - Delta Elite 13 Rack and Leather Inserts

It's a NEW beautiful thing from Byron Design Studio: NIB Delta Elite 13 Racks +
Sound Absorbing Leather Inlay Inserts.

Transform the look while eliminating the tink-tink noisy sound of the Delta Elite rack.
Inserts_Lg.jpg

The tinking sound of this aluminum rack is dramatically reduced after installation
of three leather inlay inserts and is quieter than most wood and plastic racks.
Rack-w-Box.jpg

The inlay pieces are of leather laminate construction and about 3/16” thick
with various types of exotic decorative leather on the surface.
Rack-w-BrPython2.jpg

All pieces are precision die cut for a perfect press fit and need no adhesive
unless you require permanent installation.
Rack-w-Python2.jpgRack-w-Python3.jpg

I am selling the two new Delta Elite racks for $75.00 each when purchased with an inlay set.

The inlay sets are $45.00 and only fit the Elite model rack.

See top photo:
1. Python
2. Spanish Bull Hide
3. Python/Spanish Bull Hide (reversible)
4. Brown Python
5. Tiger Shark
6. Mako Shark
7. Monitor Lizard
8. Ostrich

Byron Design
jbltucson@gmail.com

Last edited:

JCurry

can I use my mulligan?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a great idea! If my delta elite didn't have custom engraving I would probably get a set of these.

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt the delta company already make these? And customized ones with your name or whatever cut into it?

Delta-13Rack

DELTA-13
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Delta-13 Elite Inserts

We have seen work performed by Byron Design Studio and have found the inserts to be of high quality. The designs compliment the Delta-13 Elite by further personalizing the rack.

Initially, when we came out with our leather inserts, we received feedback that the leather was coming out during game play. At that point, we added 3M double sided tape to ensure the leather would stay, even though there is an excellent tight fit. What we have found is that leather shrinks and expands depending on the humidity. The Delta-13 and Delta-13 Elite leather inserts come with double sided tape installed.

Our plan for 2010 is to offer personalized laser engraving into the leather, just as our Delta-13 Elite aluminum rails are today.

:smile:

Executive Billiards

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Don't see this enough on here.

Byron Design Studio has a nice option for your Delta rack and your approval of this speaks volumes for you as a business person. Just added a couple of new items to my Christmas gift list. Thanks to both of you.

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
attachment.php

Doesn't the balls in the rack seem a bit loose? I see spots inbetween them.. is that a tight rack? just curious as i'm looking to buy one possibly.. leaning toward sardo as the prices are too much different and we all know sardo is a perfect rack always, however a bit bigger (but in my wierd opinion they both look good, I like the sardo rack look a lot as it just looks like the future of billard racking)

I'm not trying to put out criticism just wondering so I know which rack I should get : ) What are your guy's opinions? Ill definately get an insert from you guys if I buy a delta rack, but ill wait til you have the personalized ones.

Last edited:

vladmin

Break'em dry !
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   1
Ive never used sardo racks so I cant speak to that
But I used the Delta 13 for several nights and its solid...it's like puttin glue on the rack

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
attachment.php

Doesn't the balls in the rack seem a bit loose? I see spots inbetween them.. is that a tight rack? just curious as i'm looking to buy one possibly.. leaning toward sardo as the prices are too much different and we all know sardo is a perfect rack always, however a bit bigger (but in my wierd opinion they both look good, I like the sardo rack look a lot as it just looks like the future of billard racking)

I'm not trying to put out criticism just wondering so I know which rack I should get : ) What are your guy's opinions? Ill definately get an insert from you guys if I buy a delta rack, but ill wait til you have the personalized ones.

These are nice too! :D

ps. all racks are bigger than a full rack of balls.

Attachments

• Texas Open Elite2.jpg
    Texas Open Elite2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,730

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
attachment.php

The Sardo rack is large and bulky. Most people that bought them either sold them dirt cheap or they are still under their tables collecting dust.

The Delta Elite Rack is loud and clanky, but is the best rack I have ever owned.

It is the best....... period.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's a NEW beautiful thing from Byron Design Studio: NIB Delta Elite 13 Racks +
Sound Absorbing Leather Inlay Inserts.

Transform the look while eliminating the tink-tink noisy sound of the Delta Elite rack.

The tinking sound of this aluminum rack is dramatically reduced after installation
of three leather inlay inserts and is quieter than most wood and plastic racks.

The inlay pieces are of leather laminate construction and about 3/16” thick
with various types of exotic decorative leather on the surface.

I am selling the two new Delta Elite racks for $75.00 each when purchased with an inlay set.

The inlay sets are $45.00 and only fit the Elite model rack.

See top photo:
1. Python
2. Spanish Bull Hide
3. Python/Spanish Bull Hide (reversible)
4. Brown Python
5. Tiger Shark
6. Mako Shark
7. Monitor Lizard
8. Ostrich

Byron Design
jltucson@msn.com

Do you still have the Delta Elite racks for $75.00 if buying the inserts?
If so I will take a Black rack with number 3 inserts.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Destrukkt, there are no worries with the Delta. The picture just shows a set of balls in the rack, not the results of the rack when the balls are tightened up for play. The rack is over-sized to allow space in the back to wedge the balls up with your fingers and provide plenty of space so you don't disturb the balls when removing the rack. The geometry is built to close tolerances to ensure a precise triangle so all balls will rack tight to each other, and it won't warp or deform over time. It also helps you identify any balls that may be under-sized or out of round so that you can place them in the back row and still get a tight rack.

You won't be disappointed. The Sardo is a contraption. I didn't even know it was still on the market, lol.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i wish the delta rack was about 3-4mm longer than it is now, its hard to lift the rac off the balls without bumping the back 5 balls sometimes-it hard to lift it straight up. it is without a doubt the best rack ever and even better with the inserts. What would be cool is titanium it would be light as a feather but cost mint I'm sure of that, titanium isnt the easiest metal to work with.

anyone who dosent have a delta rack needs one, but the extra 3mm sure would be nice, I dint know how hard it would to be to retool it, the insert area for the leather could remain the same size so it could be retro fitted.

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking to buy a set of #3.

I have sent 3 PMs so far, no response.

Anyone ever get a hold of him?

I just noticed the email address so I am trying that. Thanks.

Brian

firehawk

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Python inserts look great. I wish the price was still $45. Unfortunately, he now wants $79 just for the inserts. That is WAY too much money for some pieces of leather.