Charles Thomas Custom

teaz01

Unabashed Basher
Silver Member
Charles Thomas Customs

Hi,
I just ordered my first custom cue. It is made by Charles Thomas from El Paso, Texas. I first saw his work on an EBay auction and loved the wood selection and finish.
Apparently his web site is soon to be completed. I will bird dog it and let you know when it's up.
I contacted Rick Martinez at rick@ramipxp.com and after a few emails the deal was done. They let me pick the material I wanted as well as design the cues layout. I experienced a polite, professional, and patient process that I learned from.
Turn a round is approximately 30 days so my Christmas present will be a little early. No, I will not be waiting till the 25th to unwrap it!:wink2:

P.S. And the price is!... but I'll leave that to Mr.Thomas.

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Interesting. I have lived within 100 miles of them for years & never knew they existed. Very cool.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a great XMAS present!

Speaking on El Paso Cue Makers, Is Tommy Gold still building cues?
I lived in El Paso till 1988 and Tommy was the only builder in town that I was aware of at that time.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I don't know

how 'they' can make a living off of 12 cues a year unless each one sells for $10k or better.

30 days for a custom>???? I really question that, normally would take 5-6 months to make and that is if the wood is right.

teaz01

Unabashed Basher
Silver Member
how 'they' can make a living off of 12 cues a year unless each one sells for $10k or better.

30 days for a custom>???? I really question that, normally would take 5-6 months to make and that is if the wood is right.

Hi,
I think I can explain your time frame question. My design is a simple 4 splice with lower ring work that hinges on a gradient transfer of color from the grip to rear. Zero inlays. I'm of the belief that we all have talents. And as mine have very little to do with wood, I thought, I would trust him with the blank choice. Plus, I want to experience the hit before anything major and already like his preferred joint as it's the same as in my Coker.
I see an influence in his design that reminds me of the American Indian and like it. I will give my best effort to review the stick once I've had time with it.
T.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T...Just curious, but who's team do you play on in Bozeman? I lived there for 20 years and know all the players.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi,
I think I can explain your time frame question. My design is a simple 4 splice with lower ring work that hinges on a gradient transfer of color from the grip to rear. Zero inlays. I'm of the belief that we all have talents. And as mine have very little to do with wood, I thought, I would trust him with the blank choice. Plus, I want to experience the hit before anything major and already like his preferred joint as it's the same as in my Coker.
I see an influence in his design that reminds me of the American Indian and like it. I will give my best effort to review the stick once I've had time with it.
T.

teaz01

Unabashed Basher
Silver Member
T...Just curious, but who's team do you play on in Bozeman? I lived there for 20 years and know all the players.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott,
I've sent you a PM as I'd like to keep thread about the tool.
My Proficiency? I work to stroke less on the golf course and more behind the measle ball.
Troy