Info on Kim Steel tables

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never played on one, how do the play? How do the hold up?

I am looking at a GV IV but saw a Kim Steel here at a pretty nice price.

Thanks
Bill

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Bill

They have a darn good rep among those who have played on them. If it is more than 15% cheaper, i think id go for it.

professor1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the Gold Crown it plays a hell of alot better than Kim Steel. Kim Steels r hard to get parts for too an as far as construction goes an something that will last forever if u take care of u can not beat the GOLD CROWN PERIOD !!! hope this helps . I know where some Kim Steels r for sale at good price an r in excellent shape. The tables have been taken apart an crated an put in storage this past week. I can arange the purchase an shipping or deliver an setup if u are in the state of georgia or near. Just p.m me on here. Professor

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Kim Steel table and it is fantastic. The one thing I can tell you is it plays a heck of a lot harder than any of my friends' Gold Crowns. While the GC is a great table, most of them have buckets for pockets and when you go play in the pool halls, it is different. So if you want to get better, get the KS. No dusting the rails when you want to make a ball so your potting skills will improve.

Slate Billiards

Silver Member

Thanks
Bill

The K-Steel tables play nice. They are a solid built table, the frame is steel and the rails are steel and aluminum. The link below is where you can see picks of the table as well as order any parts needed for the table. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the K-Steel page and you can open PDF of the parts and pictures. You will see that it is built like a tank.

http://www.billaressam.com/detalle-producto.php?idproducto=15&ididioma=2

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The K-Steel tables play nice. They are a solid built table, the frame is steel and the rails are steel and aluminum. The link below is where you can see picks of the table as well as order any parts needed for the table. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the K-Steel page and you can open PDF of the parts and pictures. You will see that it is built like a tank.

http://www.billaressam.com/detalle-producto.php?idproducto=15&ididioma=2

I haven't played on their pocket tables but several 3C and they play great. But don't take my word for it. When I was at a clinic at Shakespeare's in Denver with Cuelemans and Jaspers for a week Ceulemans commented more than once how much he enjoyed playing on those tables. As mentioned you get a Steel I-Beam supporting the slate and I assume better leveling system than what I've seen from Brunswick, but I'm not a Brunswick fan and therefore not up to date. I guess someone has to prove to me that Brunswick is in the Billiard table Business rather than in the business of selling tables and accessories. There's a difference. Sorry to all the B fans.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
It's been a few years since i have played on one but they were great...

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks for the replies, it seems that more than a few people like them.
Bill