Now this is very cool.... :)

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Forgive my ignorance, but how is it we can view an entire magazine online without purchase. If this is standard policy, it's gotta be hurting sales. :)

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Hey Robin - how bout you tell us a pool story.

Ok my first pool story: How Robin was found and brought into the pool world

I played at a local pool room by my home in Westminster Ca.
I played great really, since I had never seen great players before, only the locals boys (they were pretty good).
Well one day a couple hustlers came into the pool room (mind you I'm a girl they weren't really looking to hustle me).
They did however play the other boys and ROBBED them out of probably their lunch money.
The hustlers were Keith McCready and Tony Banks. :)
I was never the same...Keith watched me play and had an idea..."you need to come to our pool room" he said. Next thing you know I was in their car and on the road...about 10 miles away from home. I was about 15 Keith was 14, they took me to Bob's Billiards and I played a kid and beat him out of his pool cue...sad but true.
Anyway that is how I found the pool world...I think if Keith wouldn't have found me I would have never persude the game at the level I did.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Robin

Last edited:

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more detail

Robroy, this is just an outline! How did you get in the poolroom in Westminister? Where was Bob's? C'mon . Give us details. We oldtimers:wink:
are notoriously long winded when spinning a tale. You could probably write a book starting there. I'd want a signed copy. McCready. Wow!:thumbup:

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Robroy, this is just an outline! How did you get in the poolroom in Westminister? Where was Bob's? C'mon . Give us details. We oldtimers:wink:
are notoriously long winded when spinning a tale. You could probably write a book starting there. I'd want a signed copy. McCready. Wow!:thumbup:

I've heard that before :) Actually sold my story to a writer for a movie script.
But back then they didn't want to hear about how I got clean from drugs and most of all heroin. They didn't want to hear the whole story...are you sure you want it?

Here is the next part:

Keith, Tony and a few other kids (I was in the thick of them) decided it was time to hit the Big Guys...The Pool Room, The Billiard Palace in Bellflower...oh my goodness every pro player in the country showed up...there was a straight pool tournament and after the tournament the action was to die for!!!
Well Keith was at their level by then...and I was just a sweater for 90 percent of the time. But I watched and learned, and I think that is where I knew I would become a great player.
Keith played payball on the snooker table and I would watch...he was an amazing player and of course he kept your attention because there was no telling what NEW line was going to come out of his mouth.
Cole Dixion, Billy Johnson, Larry Liscotti, Ronnie Allen...oh my goodness they were all there.
Anyway when the morning would come alot of time the last thing us kids wanted to do was leave....so Tony, Keith, Dickie and I would crawl under the big 6/12 snooker table and fall asleep I was no longer consider the girl...I got to be a player :)
Johnny Irvilino was one match I played...boy did I get played.
I had a steak horse...a race to 3 for $10...that was HUGE. Well Johnny (whom I did not know) played me like a fiddle with all kinds of corney moves...and I was the joke...but all in fun...Everyone there knew him but me.
Needless to say the steak horse and Johnny were very good friends.
But I did have the eye of the tiger, not to much humor at the time for me. The True "Bank Roll" I wanted that $10!

Last edited:

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's a script?

How long ago was that? I'll bet there 's a demand for another pool movie now. Clint might like it. He did the women boxer. What a treasure of stories you must have. Thanks for telling.:)

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
How long ago was that? I'll bet there 's a demand for another pool movie now. Clint might like it. He did the women boxer. What a treasure of stories you must have. Thanks for telling.:)

yes, and the way a young girl got out at night...well through her bedroom window of course...boy do I remember them nights...sadly my thumb worked very well back then...I cannot believe I hitch hiked....

My mom once said to me after many a nights out and about: "Robin...please don't sneak out tonight"...man that killed me!!!! I just had to stay home...I hated hurting her. She on the other hand thought she found the ticket to keep me home. The next night she came to me....I put my hands on my ears..."Mom I have to go...I just have to go...the action starts at night"
Man I was a handful!

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Forgive my ignorance, but how is it we can view an entire magazine online without purchase. If this is standard policy, it's gotta be hurting sales. :)

I thought that too...I'm not sure how that works

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
See now I will order one of your cue thingamajiggys. Where do I go to order?

And thanks for the stories. I never knew that you ran with Keith. Do you have any pics of the two of you as teenagers?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

And thanks for the stories. I never knew that you ran with Keith. Do you have any pics of the two of you as teenagers?

Don't get one, get a case!! Everyone you know will want one. Great gifts too!

:D

Ray
(she sold me 2 cases already) :eek:

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member

No I really didn't take pictures that would have been cool to have.

thank you :) www.robindodson.com

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Don't get one, get a case!! Everyone you know will want one. Great gifts too!

:D

Ray
(she sold me 2 cases already) :eek:

Now thats what I'm talkin' about LOL I have turned into quite the salesman :)
Thanks Ray aka Bigtruck....

I haven't sold a cracker today I'm just playing with everyone...loved telling the stories my mind just wandered back in time.

Railbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok my first pool story: How Robin was found and brought into the pool world

I played at a local pool room by my home in Westminster Ca.
I played great really, since I had never seen great players before only the locals boys (they were pretty good).
Well one day a couple hustlers came into the pool room (mind you I'm a girl they weren't really looking to hustle me).
They did however play the other boys and ROBBED them out of probably their lunch money.
The hustlers were Keith McCready and Tony Banks. :)
I was never the same...Keith watched me play and had an idea..."you need to come to our pool room" he said. Next thing you know I was in their car and on the road...about 10 miles away from home. I was about 15 Keith was 14, they took me to Bob's Billiards and I played a kid and beat him out of his pool cue...sad but true.
Anyway that is how I found the pool world...I think if Keith wouldn't have found me I would have never persude the game at the level I did.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Robin

Poor ole Keith -- gets blamed for everything, j/k!
Love hearing these old stories, thanks Robin!

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
then you owe me. And no, I do not want an autographed poster signed by Drake.

Well a little girl would...they find me from every country!

Yesterdays example:

Donna Loves Drake

Hi Robin i was gonna ask you if i could go on a date with your cute son Drake also i love your website thanks to Drake\'s website and i did\'nt know that you are drake\'s mum also i\'m so proud of you 100% and you have my love and support same for your gorgeous son drake bell i would love to meet drake soon thanks xx ;-) :)

notice how she tries hard to say something about me...I get these daily! :)

Last edited:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the entire mag?

Not sure if it's just me, but the magazine content seems to stop after about page 30 or so............the pages turn blank?

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great story Robin. I know you have many. You really should write a book!

Happy Holidays,
Darin