Swanee updates

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any updates?

I guess the most excitement was caused by Melinda omgwtf apparently having too much to drink and passing out and having to be carted off in an
ambulance. Then I believe it is Ron Marshall another local player having to get emergency treatment upstairs because his hip which has been replaced a couple of times went out, another ambulance. These both happened while I was in a match.

As far as the pool they are down to 32 on the winners side who come back tomorrow and now they are trying to get the losers side pared down to 16 or 32. I think most of the top players are still on the winners side but Mad Max I believe is on the losers side.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I played in the Swanee. It was all such a blur.
Played the nastiest pool of my life. Does anyone want a 1974
Josswest free of charge? Lol

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

You really shouldn't give it away. I'll give you ten bucks for it.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I guess the most excitement was caused by Melinda omgwtf apparently having too much to drink and passing out and having to be carted off in an
ambulance. Then I believe it is Ron Marshall another local player having to get emergency treatment upstairs because his hip which has been replaced a couple of times went out, another ambulance. These both happened while I was in a match.

Wow, that's quite an update. I hope Melinda and Ron are both ok.

bigfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Monte, maybe you can trade the JW for a real nice Players or J&J. I hear they hit sweet! See you Monday at H.O.B.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As far as the pool they are down to 32 on the winners side who come back tomorrow and now they are trying to get the losers side pared down to 16 or 32. I think most of the top players are still on the winners side but Mad Max I believe is on the losers side.

Who is Melinda? What is her last name?

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I didn't know it was Melinda. Hope she's alright.

I'm still in it on the winners side, as is PoolHustler and I4pool (Abe). Russ and I both benefited from buys in the first round. It was a stressful but fulfilling day as all my matches went hill/hill but but ended 8-7 in my favor. I'm really looking forward to playing on Sunday, but have not yet canceled my dinner reservations with the wifey tomorrow night. My valentine has a girl friend on standby to take my place on the off chance I'm still alive but, truth be told, there are probably two people getting an easy draw tomorrow. :embarrassed2:

Monte, it was great to see you and I really enjoyed our chat about music and whatnot.

As for the contenders, I don't know what everyone is doing since I took advantage of the early finish for the East side of the chart and got out of there to get some quality rack time - I will definitely need to play better tomorrow than I did today. So I didn't really look over the brackets before I left. I believe Corey, Oscar, and Max are rolling right along. And I know Brendan Crockett is still on the winners side going into Sunday. So is Dave Hemmah, iirc.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope OMGWTF, aka Melinda is OK.

Pretty funny when someone over the PA asked if anyone knows CPR and then said that she is still breathing.......

Why would you give CPR to someone who is still breathing ?? lol

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I would only take it if you threw in the anniversary :). Sorry you didn't do well.

Dave

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They here, say that Melinda returned to Hollywood Billiards after the hospital and is OK. They ran several tests and - nothing including alchohol.

She just fainted"