Unknown cue case help identify?

matthew11

This cue case is leather over plastic 1x1 very nice tooling with lock latch missing. I the leather it is stamped DKB but this may be initials of owner. It was an ebay buy. Sad thing is my KQ is to long by a 1/2" the case is 31" and fits my other cues so I assume this size is the standard. Please help me if can!

Attachments

• 102_1914.jpg
    102_1914.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 495
  • 102_1918.jpg
    102_1918.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 489
  • 102_1915.jpg
    102_1915.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 501

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think that this is a one-off that someone built. I have never before seen one like this and it looks as if the maker had planned to add a latch or a hinge.

I'd just about bet that the extrusion tubing is meant for some other application and whoever made the case figured it was just right for use as a cue case. The interior tells me that he or she wanted padded protection but didn't want to or know how to sew a nice liner and get the padding at the same time.

Very interesting case. Thanks for showing it.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
My friend has the same case with a red liner. No idea to who made it.

JV

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My friend has the same case with a red liner. No idea to who made it.

JV

Well then perhaps it's a production or limited run piece and old. Interesting.

I was surprised to see that both Harvey Martin and Gina were using extruded plastic tubing before Fellini.

The slip cover lid is a pretty old solution and has been in use longer than plastic has been around.

I wonder if the original liner was gone and someone replaced it with the foam?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are amazing, Doc

...but I'm upset that the chess pieces aren't Staunton

Thanks but not so amazing. I found it in an Ebay sale. :grin: The seller found it in a catalog.

I am just happy to have one that's perfect and now identified. And I got mine cheap, with Ebay bucks, so it really cost me nothing. :grin-square:

Still don't know what the DKB stamp on them means though.