Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page carmeli cue reviews
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
carmeli cue reviews
Old
  (#1)
mgonfishn
AzB Silver Member
mgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond reputemgonfishn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

carmeli cue reviews - 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM

please write your review on how carmeli cues play, im interested in purchasing one, however, its solely on looks alone, before spending that kind of money, id like to know how they hit. If you can compare it to a prodcution cue, schon, predator etc.. please do so.. thank you!

Old
  (#2)
Drawman623
Box Cue lover
Drawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Of course everyone has an opinion...mine on the subject of Carmeli cues is a very positive one.

They have superb playability and they tend to be a strong value for their price. Ariel has great talent and usually provides much more cue than others do for the same money. The hit of every Carmeli cue I have used is stiff and very consistent. The cue shoots the ball where I aim it.

As you pointed out, the cues are great looking. I bought a used Carmeli with some issues at the Super Billiards Expo. Ariel has been very supportive and is making upgrades at my request. On the strength of his cue's playability, beauty and his help with the used cue, I have ordered something very fancy from him.

So my review is sincere, I am putting my own cue bucks where my mouth is. I like Carmeli cues and would recommend them.

After a pushout: "Give it back and I'll show you how to make it...or shoot it yourself and you'll never know." Garten Bierbower

Old
  (#3)
Chris Byrne
AzB Silver Member
Chris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond reputeChris Byrne has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2010, 12:32 PM

His cues are a very good value and have excelent fit, finish, execution. I have played with several and liked every one.

Stay thirsty my friends!

Chris Byrne CB Custom Cues
www.cbcues.com

Great cue
Old
  (#4)
Carl
AzB Silver Member
Carl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond reputeCarl has a reputation beyond repute

Great cue - 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM

I bought an AC after testing a bunch of cues at the Midwest Cue show last fall. I hit cues by James White, Blackcreek, Stacey, Sugartree, and several others. The AC felt the best of the lot -- well-balanced, solid, good feedback, and great workmanship. I was almost disappointed, since I was in the market for one of the other makers and not for an AC.

Always hard to say what makes one cue feel better on a given day than another, but the AC feels every bit as good today as it did last fall. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

As a side note, the experience at the Midwest made me a believer in the hit-before-buying-if-at-all-possible credo. I've bought most of my cues without testing them first and haven't had any bad experiences. I don't doubt that any of the cues I tested would play just fine. Maybe after a while I'd like one of them even better than the AC. But part of the enjoyment for me is the feel of the cue, not just the fact that it moves the cue ball where I want it to go. Testing different cues side-by-side is the way to go, if you have that luxury.

Old
  (#5)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

04-13-2010, 08:32 PM

As an authorized Ariel Carmeli cue dealer, I can offer to ship the AC cue with a cube of tan chalk. The buyer can carefully play 10-15 minutes worth with the cue and if the cue doesn't work, they can call me and ship the cue back for a full refund less all shipping. I have a large selection of AC cues in all price ranges. More people are finding out that they are consistently good playing cues that tend to stay straight.

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I bought an AC after testing a bunch of cues at the Midwest Cue show last fall. I hit cues by James White, Blackcreek, Stacey, Sugartree, and several others. The AC felt the best of the lot -- well-balanced, solid, good feedback, and great workmanship. I was almost disappointed, since I was in the market for one of the other makers and not for an AC.

Always hard to say what makes one cue feel better on a given day than another, but the AC feels every bit as good today as it did last fall. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

As a side note, the experience at the Midwest made me a believer in the hit-before-buying-if-at-all-possible credo. I've bought most of my cues without testing them first and haven't had any bad experiences. I don't doubt that any of the cues I tested would play just fine. Maybe after a while I'd like one of them even better than the AC. But part of the enjoyment for me is the feel of the cue, not just the fact that it moves the cue ball where I want it to go. Testing different cues side-by-side is the way to go, if you have that luxury.

Old
  (#6)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member
Trav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond repute

04-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznpool View Post
As an authorized Ariel Carmeli cue dealer, I can offer to ship the AC cue with a cube of tan chalk. The buyer can carefully play 10-15 minutes worth with the cue and if the cue doesn't work, they can call me and ship the cue back for a full refund less all shipping. I have a large selection of AC cues in all price ranges. More people are finding out that they are consistently good playing cues that tend to stay straight.

Martin
Can't beat that offer at all. I am going to try one of the Carmelis one day hopefully also. A friend of mine had one recently and I got to hit a few balls with it and was impressed.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#7)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

04-14-2010, 05:16 AM

i've tried a few and they seem to play like mcdermotts. not my flavor at all

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/ith/#by=sp

Advice God- "tho shall not kill! unless they are witches, gay, heathen, enemies,muslims,slaves,poor,adulterous,rebellious kids,blasphemers or smartasses"

Insanity Wolf-" Dress up like little girl, and rape pedo bear!!!!"

MahnaMahna, get at me in person.

Old
  (#8)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member
Trav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayer2093 View Post
i've tried a few and they seem to play like mcdermotts. not my flavor at all
The one I hit with gave a Mcdermot the 6. It was alot stiffer than a Mcdermot.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#9)
Joshua70
german oak
Joshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2010, 04:18 AM

first time I read "plays like a McDermot"!

I play a AC08 (amboyna in ebony) and never had a cue playing and hitting like that.
I met with a buddy and plaid with about 20 to 30 cues of his collection (e.g. JMW,Klein, BCM, Michael Vollmer).
None of them did reach my personal taste- the Carmeli does!. Even this collector said, that it plays very very good (in Germany this means f*** great- lights out).
Just one cue impressed me more than my AC- th damned 8 point recut Vollmer of my buddy Big Tattoo.
Those days Ill get my BB RS 3 and Im excited to compare them...

Old
  (#10)
Andreiyf47
AzB Bronze Member
Andreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond reputeAndreiyf47 has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2010, 11:14 PM

hello Martin,
I saw your website and have a question why some of your AC cues price are too much lower than any AC cues price that I found. the reason is other AC cue dealer get more profit or some other reason?

Old
  (#11)
Joshua70
german oak
Joshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua70 has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2010, 10:30 PM

most of my buddies preferred the lower one for playability. I do like both, but the upper (right) one needs even more attention at play.

Carmeli
Old
  (#12)
samsarakid24
A Little TWISTED !!!!!
samsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond reputesamsarakid24 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to samsarakid24  
Carmeli - 06-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Here is Mine, made in 2005 and has been my #1 Player since I bought it.
I have owned and tried lots of cues but for my game nothing else has been able to de-throne it for the Top Spot in the arsenal.
I would be happy to give you some inside info on Carmeli cues if you want send me a pm and we'll talk.

Thanks..........Paul
Attached Images

Old
  (#13)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-08-2010, 11:39 PM

I have to say my Carmeli plays lights out. I started playing with this cue and then immediately I called Him and ordered another on from scratch.

I wish I knew how to take better photos but here is current Player.
Attached Images

In the Case:
Shooting: RJ sneaky w/314-2 shaft
Breaking: "In the Market for a new one"
Jump: Alex Brick 3 piece jump cue
Case: Custom 2X4 1960 Mason case (JB cases)

Old
  (#14)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-08-2010, 11:41 PM

Here are photos of what Ariel is going to build for me. It wont be exactly the same but very close.
Attached Images

In the Case:
Shooting: RJ sneaky w/314-2 shaft
Breaking: "In the Market for a new one"
Jump: Alex Brick 3 piece jump cue
Case: Custom 2X4 1960 Mason case (JB cases)

Old
  (#15)
Ty Arnold
AzB Silver Member
Ty Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2010, 09:03 PM

I purchased a merry widow type carmeli cue from Martin Bick at www.superiorcues.com 10 months ago(brazilian kingwood). It is my daily player and it shoots GREAT. Carmeli is known for great playing cues and I have to agree that mine plays great also. Carmeli makes great looking cues with visibly top notch wood and construction(flawless and perfectly straight). And I can testify that even his lower priced cues shoot lights out. Martin has a large selection of ariel carmeli cues on his website. And I can tell you from experience that Martin gives great service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: