a waste of time

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Salam ,

Here is the case in a snooker game : player A's score is 100 points while player B's score is 0 . Does the frame continue ? How much longer ?

Do you not consider the frame is a waste of time if it goes on as a :
1 - player who is ahead 100 points on the frame
2 - player who is behind 100 points on the frame
3 - referee
4 - match management
5 - spectator

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 snookers and a free ball :D

It goes on until the pink is down.

SECTION 2. DEFINITIONS

1. Frame
A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the first stroke, with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, until the frame is completed by:
(a) concession by any player during his turn,
(b) claim by the striker when only the Black remains and there is more than seven points difference between the scores in his favour,
(c) the final pot or foul when only the Black remains, or
(d) being awarded by the referee under Section 3 Rule 14(c) or Section 4 Rule 2.

2. Game

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Salam ,

Here is the case in a snooker game : player A's score is 100 points while player B's score is 0 . Does the frame continue ? How much longer ?

Do you not consider the frame is a waste of time if it goes on as a :
1 - player who is ahead 100 points on the frame
2 - player who is behind 100 points on the frame
3 - referee
4 - match management
5 - spectator

1) Not a waste of time; valuable time at the table, relaxed, potting balls, gaining confidence, getting loose.
2) Waste of time, but you put up with it due to sportsmanship.
3) Waste of time, but you're there for the players, not eh other way around.
4) What's good for the spectators is good for you, leading to...
5) Not at all a waste of time, some of the most impressive/entertaining play happens in this situation.

-Andrew

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
You might get more response in the Snooker Forum. Just my $0.02. or pence or whatever.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 snookers and a free ball :D

It goes on until the pink is down.

SECTION 2. DEFINITIONS

1. Frame
A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the first stroke, with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, until the frame is completed by:
(a) concession by any player during his turn,
(b) claim by the striker when only the Black remains and there is more than seven points difference between the scores in his favour,
(c) the final pot or foul when only the Black remains, or
(d) being awarded by the referee under Section 3 Rule 14(c) or Section 4 Rule 2.

2. Game

What rules do you refer to ( section 3 rule 14 or section 4 rule 2 ) ?

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fourth thread on this topic started by this poster.

Apparently in his country snooker players (presumably men) never concede, and all of us agree that it is a waste of time.
Why can't his countrymen see it?
That question he has not answered.
Must be a macho thing.
Now imagine if they were getting beat by women :D

So he wants the World to change the rules;
Wants to take the solution out of the player's hands.
The World refuses.
Silly World.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Apparently in his country snooker players (presumably men) never concede, and all of us agree that it is a waste of time.
Must be a macho thing.

The World refuses.
Silly World.

Replying to all these threads is a waste of time.

If you don't like that rule, then don't use it in friendly games. In official play, tough. It's the rule.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Must be a macho thing.

The World refuses.
Silly World.

drsnooker wrote : " 05-09-2010, 07:41 PM

7.1.1 During the Round Robin Group Phase only, once all the red balls have been pocketed and just the colors remain on the table, if a player on their next visit to the table then requires four or more snookers to the value of the “ball on” that player will lose the frame."

Is this the rule in your country or your countrymen lies ?
You wrote : "That question he has not answered " . I will answer all your question if you just listen . You put up a smiley avatar but showing your ugly&racist face on this thread .
Do not speak up for the world but for yourself .
Yes . I want to take the solution out of player's hand and have it to the rule's hand .
I get positive& negative votes regarding " rules change" in a civilized manner . If you don't like this we all know where you should go to . Don't we ?

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replying to all these threads is a waste of time.

If you don't like that rule, then don't use it in friendly games. In official play, tough. It's the rule.

You don't seem to be aware of different rules . Try to learn more and reply to threads you wish but with knowledge , if possible .

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you play with idiots then i could see it getting annoying. Try playing with sensible people instead.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't seem to be aware of different rules . Try to learn more and reply to threads you wish but with knowledge , if possible .

Hmm... you're the one who comes on and wants to modify the world snooker rules to suit your personal preferences. Play your own game however you damn well please but don't go mucking it up for everyone else.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm... you're the one who comes on and wants to modify the world snooker rules to suit your personal preferences. Play your own game however you damn well please but don't go mucking it up for everyone else.

Hey , you you brought your nose in to this thread and talk about my personal preferences instead of answering the 5 questions . That is not smart .
You go ...cking yourself but don't advise others .

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I got money against Higgins in the 3rd frame.....

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

who wants action????

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You put up a smiley avatar but showing your ugly&racist face on this thread

You point at others as being racist and ugly every chance you get but the only person I see as being accusatory is you. I'm not sure if it's your upbringing or just your own personality that comes across as abrasive but I have to honestly say I've never enjoyed a single post you have put on these boards.

If you have an honest pool/snooker question to ask, please contain your replies to being pool/snooker related instead of bringing up the "racist" card.