Action at Sharks, Las Vegas

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A silly fella with Wiseman at Sharks played Shane Van B. and lost $10K last night I heard this afternoon. So, I went to Sharks this evening and talked to King Kong and Morro. Then I heard this fella talking up another match - I heard his name is Dave. Shane and several other sweaters are there.

At this time, Ronnie Alcano and some buddies arrive - the place is getting crowded. Silver Ochoa is there and an Asian group arrives - I don't know them.

The details are settled and Dave and Shane match up the same as the night before but on a table with larger pockets - this is to Dave's advantage. The match is race to 13, but Dave gets 7 on the wire or he goes to 6 while Shane goes to 13....thats not all for Dave gets the 4 out...further, Dave gets the breaks and ball in hand after the break.

Money is being put up from all of the factions on the rail (international) $1K min from here and there. Shane and the railbirds put up from $10k min to $14K, at which point Dave says the window is closed.

The match starts with Shane racking and winning. For the next game Dave pulls out the Magic Rack and hands it to Shane who reject this as a change to the agreed terms of the Match. Dave says to Shane, "The Magic Rack is the most accurate as as such is the most fair thing to do"....Shane and Dave discuss this for 15 minutes and Shane yields, and uses the Magic Rack.

Dave gets to his hill of 5 games mostly on his break, 2 ball runs and cheese, while Shane has 9 and needs 4 more. Shane makes them and wins.

While everyone is getting paid, Dave challenges the crowd to the same game except not Shane. Without hesitation, several in the crown recommends he play Ronnie Alcono...Dave says, "No! - you brought his name up too quickly."

I didn't wait for the next match.

Sharks is the place to go for action right now and on Saturday, we will have OMGWTF playing Borana for chump change Saturday evening.:)

Last edited:

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Wow SVB needed four games while his opponent was on the hill and still won. Wished I was there to watch all the action. Must keep us updated on more of the action I like to hear what I'm missing out on, thx for the post

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to Thursday night.
After I left, Shane plays another match with Dave for the same $10K and Shane wins again.

Having said that he, Dave, will not play Shane the same way again, the action is dead.

Until Busta steps up with $50K so that Dave can break even an make some change. They play race to 40 with Dave getting 18 on the wire,last 4 and the 4 ball wild, the breaks and ball in hand after the break.

Dave plays better and gets to the hill while Busta needs 4 more games to get to 40 and win.

Busta loses and all of the rail bets go down.

I guess that Dave really had a game.:smile:

I stopped by Sharks around 9:00 PM and Dave was shooting one hole - which is not interesting to me - so I left.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Dude, you're sooo way off on a few things. I don't even feel like typing them all out but you have atleast 6 things that are inaccurate.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He's not that far off. Bustie and the filipinos went off for 25 large. The guy is called The Biffer or Dippy Davey. Used to play some pool but got rich playing high stakes poker. He has been on the High Stakes Poker show.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, you're sooo way off on a few things. I don't even feel like typing them all out but you have atleast 6 things that are inaccurate.

If you were holding the money for Dave, Shane and Busta on your cell - then you know.

There was alot of action from the rail than the original bet when all of the window closed.

This thread is dead and Dave says on the other thread (not stream) he's 10K ahead now.

thrasher789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're referring to David Viffer Peat, a good pool player in his own rite and a great poker player. Very very interesting life story.

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
You're referring to David Viffer Peat, a good pool player in his own rite

HaHa... since when does needing the Break, ball in hand and the 4 out against anyone make you a good pool player? Not to mention the 7 games on the wire...

Who cares if he is playing Shane?? Break, BIH and the 4 out is a 75% winner for any APA 3 (* hint - NOT a good pool player in any right)