Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Woman Convicted of Adultery Will Not Be Stoned but May Still Be Put to Death
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Seems To Be
Old
  (#16)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

Seems To Be - 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadog View Post
And no, it is not the "Same exact fuc*ing thing".

Is lethal injection for raping and murdering a 10 yr old the same thing as burning someone at the stake for blasphemy?
The "Moral Relativism" of the Left is the exact opposite of common sense.

Old
  (#17)
the420trooper
Free T-Rex
the420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-10-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
What should be done with murderers?

Executing someone quickly for murder is a far cry from the torturous death of stoning for the crime of adultery.

Use your head!

Is lethal injection for raping and murdering a 10 yr old the same thing as burning someone at the stake for blasphemy?
I would dare say that if someone raped and murdered gbru's daughter, grand daughter, or whatever, that he would be singing a completely different tune. Some crimes are horrible enough that the offender doesn't deserve another chance to do it again...and I don't want to have to pay to house, feed, clothe, and pay for their medical care for the rest of their pathetic lives.

That being said, I would have no problem with branding an "A" on adulterer's foreheads. (Male or female, of course)

"In pool, it's always your fault when you lose, and that's hard to deal with." -Corey Deuel

Old
  (#18)
gbru
AzB Gold Member
gbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-11-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the420trooper View Post
I would dare say that if someone raped and murdered gbru's daughter, grand daughter, or whatever, that he would be singing a completely different tune. Some crimes are horrible enough that the offender doesn't deserve another chance to do it again...and I don't want to have to pay to house, feed, clothe, and pay for their medical care for the rest of their pathetic lives.

That being said, I would have no problem with branding an "A" on adulterer's foreheads. (Male or female, of course)

Well...I'd say you'd be wrong my friend....
Murder is murder....Now in the heat of the moment I am subject to react with human emotion and if armed would probabaly kill or at least try to kill that attacker but....

After a couple of days of contemplation I would realize that this person has a mental problem that is probably the result of a (fuc*ed-up) family life....

IOW...mentally challenged...
So what are we to do...?
Put all mentally challenged people to death because they are unpredictable.

That's kinda the same thing that Facist Hitler believed in.....

gbru

Last edited by gbru; 07-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Old
  (#19)
gbru
AzB Gold Member
gbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
What should be done with murderers?

Executing someone quickly for murder is a far cry from the torturous death of stoning for the crime of adultery.

Use your head!

We've been over this scenario before about what should be done with murders....Try to remember...

If you and some of your like-minded, revenge, cohorts had your way you would be stoning people to death for all sorts of crimes...Only thing is sane people would object to it....

Quick death....What a fuc*ing joke....
You never cease to amaze me with your logic...

Executing someone by decapitation is quick also...
What's wrong with that....

Oh yeah...!
That's uncivilized....

I use my brain....Unfortunately you use your head with nothing in it but locked up hate and emotion for almost every circumstance.....

gbru

Old
  (#20)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbru View Post
No Cuaba...I did not mean to infer that .....

I'm just saying that many of our laws are
based on the Old Testament....

The 200 million are the number of people in the US who
still condone capital punishment for certain crimes.....

I'm just saying...That's barbaric...IMO
and.... the rest of the sane, advanced world...
Sane??? Advanced world???
Surely you jest???

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#21)
gbru
AzB Gold Member

07-11-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Sane??? Advanced world???
Surely you jest???

As soon as I figure out how to make
those big vaces...Look Out..For now though....

gbru

Old
  (#22)
LWW
HALF FAST POOL PLAYER
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-11-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Bob....You still are not stopping to think before you speak...

NOW HEAR THIS...!
NOW HEAR THIS......!

WE ARE STILL SHOOTING PEOPLE TO DEATH FOR PUNISHMENT...

Gawd Almighty....WTF....!

Do you not see the irony here.....
!!!WARNING!!!

The above post is a typical leftist moral equivalency argument designed to excuse the barbarism of radical religious groups while blaming America at the same time.

Nothing new here, please move along.

LWW

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"LWW, genius in all matters known to man ..."
-SJB-

"LWW is one of the truly great thinkers of the 21st century."
-Hondo-

"LWW who has been sitting in his chair banging away ay his keyboard like a meth addicted chimpanzee spewing right wing lies and hatred"
-Diablo Viejo-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9ballpaul-

Old
  (#23)
LWW
HALF FAST POOL PLAYER
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
You and about 200,000,000 million others who
still think we are a holy nation led by the laws
of the Old Testament....
WOW!

200,000,000,000,000 ... two hundred trillion people think this way?

LWW

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"LWW, genius in all matters known to man ..."
-SJB-

"LWW is one of the truly great thinkers of the 21st century."
-Hondo-

"LWW who has been sitting in his chair banging away ay his keyboard like a meth addicted chimpanzee spewing right wing lies and hatred"
-Diablo Viejo-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9ballpaul-

Old
  (#24)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-11-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
As soon as I figure out how to make
those big vaces...Look Out..For now though....
Big vaces.
You type with German accent. Vedy intadaresting.

I've been saving this one.
It reflects some peoples posting style.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#25)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Quick death....What a fuc*ing joke....
You never cease to amaze me with your logic...

Executing someone by decapitation is quick also...
What's wrong with that....

Oh yeah...!
That's uncivilized....

I knew you couldn't actually make a case that they're the same thing.
But at least I gave you a chance.

And yes, I'm fine with decapitation for executing murderers.
I'd prefer it to some of the more expensive methods currently employed.

Old
  (#26)
gbru
AzB Gold Member

07-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
WOW!

200,000,000,000,000 ... two hundred trillion people think this way?

LWW

OOPS...!

gbru

Old
  (#27)
gbru
AzB Gold Member

07-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I knew you couldn't actually make a case that they're the same thing.
But at least I gave you a chance.

And yes, I'm fine with decapitation for executing murderers.
I'd prefer it to some of the more expensive methods currently employed.

Of course you would...
You are a barbarian...
As is obvious by most of your posts...

That's the sickening aspect of the backwards, self-righteous
mostly white, aspect of far too many Americans....

Ask some of the African American mothers what they think of capital punishment...

Oh...! Excuse me....I forgot...
You don't go to the parts of the city...do you...?

So how would you ever have any fuc*ing idea how other people think...

gbru

Old
  (#28)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Of course you would...
You are a barbarian...
As is obvious by most of your posts...

That's the sickening aspect of the backwards, self-righteous
mostly white, aspect of far too many Americans....

Ask some of the African American mothers what they think of capital punishment...

Oh...! Excuse me....I forgot...
You don't go to the parts of the city...do you...?

So how would you ever have any fuc*ing idea how other people think...
So, other than calling people names, you've got nothing.
And of course you trot out the racist label as liberals usually do when they've got no real argument.

What a surprise.

Now, I'll give you one more chance to demonstrate that you can think.

What should be done with our worst murderers?

Old
  (#29)
gbru
AzB Gold Member

07-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Big vaces.
You type with German accent. Vedy intadaresting.

I've been saving this one.
It reflects some peoples posting style.

That's too funny............

I was in a hurry as I was being forced to type faster....We were on our way to breakfast....

I even increased the US population by a thousand times a thousand...

gbru

Old
  (#30)
gbru
AzB Gold Member

07-11-2010, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=bamadog;2507287]So, other than calling people names, you've got nothing.
And of course you trot out the racist label as liberals usually do when they've got no real argument.

Oh no! Let's not bring anything into the equation that may offer any insight into the truth....Like race...and discrimination...

I know you don't want to confront any of that....

Oh..! And be sure to attack the messenger rather than the facts...Like most sissies do...

What a phony...!

http://www.aclu.org/capital-punishme...-death-penalty

Race and the Death Penalty

February 26, 2003

The color of a defendant and victim's skin plays a crucial and unacceptable role in deciding who receives the death penalty in America. People of color have accounted for a disproportionate 43 % of total executions since 1976 and 55 % of those currently awaiting execution. A moratorium of the death penalty is necessary to address the blatant prejudice in our application of the death penalty.

The jurisdictions with the highest percentages of minorities on its death row:

U.S. Military (86%)
Colorado (80%)
U.S. Government (77%)
Louisiana (72%)
Pennsylvania (70%)

While white victims account for approximately one-half of all murder victims, 80% of all Capital cases involve white victims. Furthermore, as of October 2002, 12 people have been executed where the defendant was white and the murder victim black, compared with 178 black defendants executed for murders with white victims.

For many years reports from around the country have found that a pervasive racial prejudice in the application of the death penalty exists.

Maryland Residents Take Urgent Action!

In January 2003, researchers at the University of Maryland concluded in a study commissioned by the Maryland Governor that defendants are much more likely to be sentenced to death if they have killed a white person. Urgent: Maryland residents can take action to send a free fax to their state legislators about a pending death penalty bill!

In August 2001, the New Jersey Supreme Court released a report which also found that the state's death penalty law is more likely to proceed against defendants who kill white victims.

In April 2001, researchers from the University of North Carolina released a study of all homicide cases in North Carolina between 1993 and 1997. The study found that the odds of getting a death sentence increased three and a half times if the victim was white rather than black.

Supreme Court Decisions on Race and the Death Penalty

Miller-El v. Cockrell

In the 2003 Supreme Court case Miller-El v. Cockrell, the Supreme Court ruled in his favor that Miller-El should have been given the opportunity to prove that his death sentence was the result of discriminatory jury practices. Such practices included the so called ""Texas shuffle"" to limit or eliminate African American jurors. Other practices included disparate questioning of potential jurors based on race, and a training memo instructing prosecutors on ways to skew juries based on race.

McClesky v. Kemp
In the 1987 Supreme Court case McClesky v. Kemp, counsel on behalf of death row prisoner Warren McClesky argued that death penalty sentences in Georgia were racially biased related to the race of the victim. The court ruled against McClesky who was executed by electrocution in 1991, ruling that racial disparities in the death penalty were not a violation of one's Constitutional right of "equal protection of the law."

Batson v. Kentucky
In this 1977 case the Supreme Court ruled that prosecutors may not use race as a factor in eliminating potential jurors from the jury pool. Likewise, a former Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, wrote explicit directions to his prosecutors on how to strike African-Americans from juries, without violating the Supreme Court's ruling.

Legislation

In 1998, Kentucky became the first death penalty state to pass the Racial Justice Act, a law that prohibits the death penalty from being sought on the basis of race. Following this victory, Racial Justice Act legislation was introduced, but was not passed, in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nebraska, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

In 1997, David Baldus and statistician George Woodworth examined the death penalty rates among all death eligible defendants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania between the years of 1983 and 1993. The results of their study proved that the odds of receiving the death penalty in Philadelphia increased by 38% when the accused was black.

Nationwide, a 1990 General Accounting Office (GAO) report reviewed numerous studies of patterns of racial discrimination in death penalty sentencing. Their review found that for homicides committed under otherwise similar circumstances, and where defendants had similar criminal histories, a defendant was several times more likely to receive the death penalty if the victim was white than if his victim was African American.

University of Iowa law professor David Baldus found that during the 1980s prosecutors in Georgia sought the death penalty for 70 % of black defendants with white victims, but for only 15% of white defendants with black victims.

Prosecutors have unfettered discretion in deciding which cases become capital cases, seeking the death penalty in approximately 1 percent of all capital eligible cases. Notably among the 38 states that allow the death penalty, approximately 98% of the prosecutors are white.

In the Okmulgee Judicial District of Georgia, District Attorney Joseph Briley tried 33 capital cases between 1974 and 1994. Twenty-four of the cases were against black defendants. In cases in which the defendant was black and the victim was white, Briley used 96 out of his 103 jury challenges against African-Americans.

In addition, between 1983 and 1993 prosecutors in Philadelphia voted to remove 52% of potential black jurors while trying to remove only 23% of other potential jurors.

In the fall of 2000, The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) released the results of an initial survey of federal death penalty prosecutions. The report shows that the federal death penalty, like its application in the states, is used disproportionately against people of color. Of the 18 prisoners currently on federal death row, 16 are either African-American, Hispanic or Asian. From 1995-2000, 80% of all the federal capital cases recommended by U.S. Attorneys to the Attorney General seeking the death penalty involved people of color. Even after review by the Attorney General, 72% of the cases approved for death penalty prosecution involved minority defendants.

The DOJ study also revealed the influence that the race of the victim has in determining potential capital cases. U.S. Attorneys recommended the death penalty in 36 % of the cases with black defendants and non-black victims, but only recommended the death penalty in 20 % of the cases with black defendants and black victims.

The DOJ study left many questions unanswered, prompting calls for a more thorough review. In June 2000, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that the follow-up review of 950 cases had shown no evidence of racial bias. These results are unreliable because they were not based on the total number of cases that prosecutors could have submitted to former Attorney General Janet Reno for review, but only on those that were actually submitted. Following hearings chaired by Senator Russell Feingold (D-WI) on oversight of the federal death penalty in June 2001, Attorney General Ashcroft ordered the National Institute of Justice to undergo a study on the possibility of racial and geographic biases in the federal death penalty.

Since taking office two years ago, Ashcroft has overturned local U.S. district attorneys' decisions not to seek the death penalty 28 times, which is more than the number of "overrides" during Attorney General Janet Reno's tenure. Of these 28 ""overrides,"" two involved suspects who are white; 23 involved suspects who are black, Latino or Native American; and three involved suspects whose race could not be determined.

A systemic racial bias in the application of the death penalty exists at both the state and federal level. A moratorium on the death penalty is needed to address this miscarriage of justice.

gbru

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: