Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine
Old
  (#1)
kiinstructor
AzB Silver Member
kiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine - 07-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Does anyone have a Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine? The one I have has all four spindles driven off a 3 hp Baldor motor. What I need to know is are the spindles specially made and can they be replaced. Had four now only 2 work. The others overheated and stopped running. I would like to know if the bearings are repaceable. If so I think I can do that. I am currently using just one spindle but I do want the others to be functional. Emailed Leonard with no reply. Thanks for any help.

Mark

Old
  (#2)
JoeyInCali
Always Looking For Wood

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

07-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Aren't they NSK bearings?

The problem with YOUR lies is they eventually fight each other.
Broke is relative. The more broke you are, the less relatives you have.
http://www.kamuitips.com/

Blud 4 spindle
Old
  (#3)
cutter
Steve Klein Custom Cues
cutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Blud 4 spindle - 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I have Blud's original 4 head machine. It originally had the one motor. He switched mine to 4 perske spindles, so maybe there was a reason.

Steve Klein
Voting Member American Cuemakers Association

www.Kleincues.com

"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3." - Paul F. Crickmore (test pilot)

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

"

Old
  (#4)
kiinstructor
AzB Silver Member
kiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond reputekiinstructor has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2010, 07:45 AM

No these are not NSKs. Blud went to those sometime later. These are four seperate heavy duty spindles that each have a number of bearings. I think they can be replaced but have no idea who can do it. I will try to contact blud again. Thanks for replies.

Mark

Blud
Old
  (#5)
cutter
Steve Klein Custom Cues
cutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond reputecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Blud - 07-11-2010, 09:32 AM

Mark
If those spindles are made the same way the headstock spindles are made, they are probably abec 7 bearings and should be able to be removed and replaced. Probably involves heating and press fitting the bearings. If you have any machine shops around that do automotive work, you might try them. Blud can be hard to get a hold of, but when you track him down, I've always found him more than willing to help.

Steve Klein
Voting Member American Cuemakers Association

www.Kleincues.com

"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3." - Paul F. Crickmore (test pilot)

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

"

Old
  (#6)
WilleeCue
The barefoot X-cuemaker
WilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond reputeWilleeCue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiinstructor View Post
Does anyone have a Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine? The one I have has all four spindles driven off a 3 hp Baldor motor. What I need to know is are the spindles specially made and can they be replaced. Had four now only 2 work. The others overheated and stopped running. I would like to know if the bearings are repaceable. If so I think I can do that. I am currently using just one spindle but I do want the others to be functional. Emailed Leonard with no reply. Thanks for any help.

Mark
Your best bet is to contact Bludworth and see if he can help you either with parts or information.
Just keep trying and hope he responds.
I know he is busy trying to sell his steakhouse in Leeky Texas.
He does hang out here sometimes so he might see this and contact you.

Willee

Last edited by WilleeCue; 07-11-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: