Do not do business with Chas Clements, or you will loose your money!!!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Hello AZ, this has become a problem that I think everyone who loves the best in quality cue cases should be aware of. Early in February of 2009 I contacted Chas Clements one of the Top Custom Cue Case and leather workers in the country to make me a Leather Cue Case. Chas agreed to make me a case and requested payment in advance, which I agreed to and paid. Around one month later when I posted on AZ Billiards that Chas had agreed to build me a cue case, many were surprised because it appeared that he was no longer making cases. Then I received a number of Pm's from others (Who I will never name) who told me the rest of the story.

It appears that Chas has taken money from other forum members and never completed their cue cases, it looks as if he has fallen on some very hard times with his health and his business. However, to take someones money because times are bad, and breaking off all communications is just completely wrong, and the $1250.00 I sent him is not a small amount for many forum members including myself.

The purpose of this post is to warn others not to fall into this trap, I do not want to see anyone else taken unfair advantage of like I have been, my Credit Card Company / Bank are taking action as we speak. I doubt that I will ever receive a refund or a case, but I do not want anyone else to get ripped off and lose their money like I did.

This thread is designed as a warning, I can back up every word that has been stated, please do not flame anyone over this that is not my intent, please only use this information to protect yourself.

PayPal

Dear craig Rittel,

You have sent a payment of $1,250.00 USD to chasclements@comcast.net.

This transaction will appear soon in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details

Amount: $1,250.00 USD
Transaction Date: Feb. 26, 2009

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
shoulda commmisioned JBCB:grin-square:

On a serious note, THANKS for the heads up and i can only hope your made whole.

TC, A

PS...i understand what your saying and don't give a shit how you spell

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Craig. I hate for anyone to run into bad health and hard times but there is no excuse for passing your hard luck onto someone else.
1200 big ones buys a lot of groceries in anyones house.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I will be happy to take up Chas' slack on any cases that Chas may owe to members. If you provide me proof that you paid the money to Chas I will be happy to make a case in a comparable price range gratis including shipping.

Chas has been out of commission for a long time. First his thumb was smashed and then he suffered full body frost bite. He is probably in no position to refund anyone their money. Chas is my friend and so if anyone wants to trade me their spot for a JB Case I will do my best to honor Chas' life in leather and his style as best I can with the case I will make for you. If that is what you want. I know that we are no where near Chas Clements' ability nor do we really design our cases as he does. But he is one of my idols in this business and anything I can do to help him short of handing out cash is something that I will do.

Chas had agreed to do some design work for me and if he is still able to do that then perhaps something may be worked out that he does the design and we build your case. Don't get your hopes up on that but it's a distant possibility. As well I have an idea about another way to build Chas-ish cases that may turn out good or may be a dead end.

The only caveat is that you order will be at the back of the line with me as well until I have satsified all the current backorders.

I think it would also be wise for people who have not been in touch with Chas to keep in mind that perhaps he is now fully incapicitated. I called his number the other day and got no answer and emails have also not been answered. I will have a friend swing by and check on him.

Please email me if you would like to transfer your Clements order to me. jb@jbideas.com

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will be happy to take up Chas' slack on any cases that Chas may owe to members. If you provide me proof that you paid the money to Chas I will be happy to make a case in a comparable price range gratis including shipping.

Chas has been out of commission for a long time. First his thumb was smashed and then he suffered full body frost bite. He is probably in no position to refund anyone their money. Chas is my friend and so if anyone wants to trade me their spot for a JB Case I will do my best to honor Chas' life in leather and his style as best I can with the case I will make for you. If that is what you want. I know that we are no where near Chas Clements' ability nor do we really design our cases as he does. But he is one of my idols in this business and anything I can do to help him short of handing out cash is something that I will do.

Chas had agreed to do some design work for me and if he is still able to do that then perhaps something may be worked out that he does the design and we build your case. Don't get your hopes up on that but it's a distant possibility. As well I have an idea about another way to build Chas-ish cases that may turn out good or may be a dead end.

The only caveat is that you order will be at the back of the line with me as well until I have satsified all the current backorders.

I think it would also be wise for people who have not been in touch with Chas to keep in mind that perhaps he is now fully incapicitated. I called his number the other day and got no answer and emails have also not been answered. I will have a friend swing by and check on him.

Please email me if you would like to transfer your Clements order to me. jb@jbideas.com

John,

All I can say is, wow! What an awesome gesture.

Ray

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i don't think many knew of this, but a classy offer on your part and obviously a painful explanation for you.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

That is very kind of you John and I appreciate your offer, however, you can not build a case that will have the sentimental or collector value of one of Chases cases, and you know this is true.

At this point in time I only want my money refunded, I would be glad to contact my bank and stop the legal proceedings they have started stopped if my money was refunded, however that is the only solution I am open to.

I do not want to destroy anyones creditability or their name but I do not think I should have to suffer or that anyone else should have suffer though problems like this in the future.

Thanks for your input John.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
sorry to here it craig....

my last email contact with chas was december 2nd...he had agreed to take on a project for me but didnt promise a time frame...the deal i was looking at fell through so i ended email talks with him about the work...his work is amazing and it is very sad that there is so few of it in the states...as i understand most of his work went overseas....the great thing that he did was raise the bar for so many of the case makers now...if you look at the work that rusty and rex are doing you can see his influences and they are keeping that awesome tooling alive...john is also doing great work and that is a very nice thing to do..reps to you sir for extending your work to others who have been put in a bad spot and helping out chas.....mickey carroll

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member

John, you are an amazing friend.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing but class

John, you keep that up and you're going to ruin your bad AZ reputation. :D
Seriously, that's a wonderful gesture.

Craig, you're one of AZ's best. I know more than the money you wanted a Chas case for your collection. Hope you at least get your money back with minimal headaches.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
If anyone would like to send me $1000 and have John build you a case, I will eat the $250, I am sure that John will build you one hell of a case for $1000. I would also be glad to have this thread pulled, and legal action stopped, if not please keep this thread on track, while John's offer is very kind and show what he will do for his friend myself and others have lost money, and I personally do not want to see anyone else lose theirs nothing is more important than that.

Anyone interested please PM me.:)

Very Respectfully

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm speechless

To think Mr Chas Clements fully incapacitated- makes me want to cry. God bless you Mr. Chas Clements/family and friends! Thanks John for such an offer- and Sorry Manwon, I remember your posts about ordering your case. mark

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If anyone would like to send me $1000 and have John build you a case, I will eat the $250, I am sure that John will build you one hell of a case for $1000. I would also be glad to have this thread pulled, and legal action stopped, if not please keep this thread on track, while John's offer is very kind and show what he will do for his friend myself and others have lost money, and I personally do not want to see anyone else lose theirs nothing is more important than that.

Anyone interested please PM me.:)

Very Respectfully

That would be fine with me as well. I seriously doubt that Chas is even in any kind of position to discuss taking orders much less any deposits at this point.

I doubt highly that any legal proceedings will amount to anything in this situation but I understand that a person who is out the money should explore whatever avenues that are available to them.

Roy Malott is in a similar situation where a customer owes him $3500 for a cue and case which was sent recently and never paid for. Unfortunately that customer reported that he fell on hard times, one would think that at least he could send the cue and case back to Roy if nothing else.

If anyone wants to take up Craig's offer then I will be happy to tack another $250 on top of it and build a $1500 case.