"New" Palmer Cues
Old
  (#1)
Jcat
AzB Silver Member
Jcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond reputeJcat has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

"New" Palmer Cues - 09-27-2010, 08:43 AM

Because of eyesight and failing health i quit playing pool about 7 years ago. Finally, there was an APA league in my area and i started playing again figuring i could be competitive in a handicap league. I was a wanna be cue builder back in the 90's and still had a few of my cues to play with but decided to try a few of the cheap ones on ebay just to see how far, if any, some of the Chinese makers had come. I purchased a Palmer (new palmer, not the old collectible palmer) for $89 and was very surprised how well it looked and played. It actually hit better than the cues i made, better than the DP cues i have, better than the Huebler i have, and better than the Mcdermot i have. As far as the construction, the butt is real inlays, but, contrary to the listing on ebay, the forearm is not inlaid as far as i can tell but I DON'T CARE LOL. The cue "fits" me and my stroke better than any cue i have ever shot with and only cost $89!!! Let me see, $89 versus the $1,800 cue staying in the case? For me its a no brainer, but might not work for you. Moral of this story, dont be afraid to give one of these cheap cues a try (no i dont know any of them or work for Palmer)
PS: i bought a "real" Palmer back in 1973 for $225 from their catalog while i was stationed in Turkey. while home on leave a few years later i accidentally broke it over some guys head. thats about a $2,000 "accident". never said i was a genius, just a pool player lol.

New Palmer Cues are solid!
Old
  (#2)
MrPoolZen
Rack Em!
MrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond reputeMrPoolZen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Smile New Palmer Cues are solid! - 12-05-2010, 05:16 PM

I own 7 of the new Palmer cues you are referring to. Excellent shaft wood with the short ferrules and layered tips. I recommend the
radial pin Palmers, for anyone considering an inexpensive player with a solid
wood to wood joint. You will be very happy, I promise!

Old
  (#3)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-05-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcat View Post
Because of eyesight and failing health i quit playing pool about 7 years ago. Finally, there was an APA league in my area and i started playing again figuring i could be competitive in a handicap league. I was a wanna be cue builder back in the 90's and still had a few of my cues to play with but decided to try a few of the cheap ones on ebay just to see how far, if any, some of the Chinese makers had come. I purchased a Palmer (new palmer, not the old collectible palmer) for $89 and was very surprised how well it looked and played. It actually hit better than the cues i made, better than the DP cues i have, better than the Huebler i have, and better than the Mcdermot i have. As far as the construction, the butt is real inlays, but, contrary to the listing on ebay, the forearm is not inlaid as far as i can tell but I DON'T CARE LOL. The cue "fits" me and my stroke better than any cue i have ever shot with and only cost $89!!! Let me see, $89 versus the $1,800 cue staying in the case? For me its a no brainer, but might not work for you. Moral of this story, dont be afraid to give one of these cheap cues a try (no i dont know any of them or work for Palmer)
PS: i bought a "real" Palmer back in 1973 for $225 from their catalog while i was stationed in Turkey. while home on leave a few years later i accidentally broke it over some guys head. thats about a $2,000 "accident". never said i was a genius, just a pool player lol.

Post a photo of your Palmer import and while your at it please post a photo one of the cues you build, I would like to see your work.

Thanks

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: