Viking cues?

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The piece of the Pie is different Here (MN Wis ND SD MI

I think Jacoby sells more , has a better product. Pred, tiger, - the only viking sponsors I remember -are women on there tour- and women don't play pool, let alone 1 pocket. Just reality. There is a special cue I know of (viking-with Elephants made for the Family. I can pick it up for 1,000. they do sponsor tournaments but business is flat. mark

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Just an educated guess, but I think they'll liquidate the inventory and machinery, sell off the brand name and intellectual property to Muellers, Cue & Case Sales, or someone else - then farm the manufacturing of Viking brand out to Asia.

It only makes sense...

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Janis did report that the Viking Tour has changed it's name and has a new sponsor for the tour.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an educated guess, but I think they'll liquidate the inventory and machinery, sell off the brand name and intellectual property to Muellers, Cue & Case Sales, or someone else - then farm the manufacturing of Viking brand out to Asia.

It only makes sense...

Yeah kinda what I was thinking. There is an old song and I can't remember who sang it but the verse gos "Its a sign of the times................"

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah kinda what I was thinking. There is an old song and I can't remember who sang it but the verse gos "Its a sign of the times................"

There are a couple that spring immediately to mind Petula Clark and Prince. Viking, it's just a crying shame that such a great company has gone I will retire my Viking shortly and it will hang proudly on the wall in my Snooker Room.

Roy Vadas

Baby Seal Clubber
Silver Member
Yep. I have an old "Leather and Feathers" Viking I used to play with. Guess I will shine her up real nice with some nuetral polish and put her in the display case in the Table Room =)

So sorry to see them close their doors. Some great designs and solid players over the years.

~Roy