Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page National Amateur Pool Association (NAPA)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
National Amateur Pool Association (NAPA)
Old
  (#1)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member
bboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question National Amateur Pool Association (NAPA) - 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Does anybody play in or know anything about this league?

* Amateurs do it until they get it right. Pros do it until they can't get it wrong.

Old
  (#2)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Do you mean the National Amateur Pool League (NAPL)?

http://www.napleague.com/about.html
Attached Images

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#3)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member
bboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond reputebboxgrinder has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2010, 10:26 PM

No. Forgot the link, sorry. http://www.napaplayers.com

* Amateurs do it until they get it right. Pros do it until they can't get it wrong.

Old
  (#4)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member

10-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Bump: Nobody knows anything about this?

Old
  (#5)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

10-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Are you looking to join a league, organize a league in your area, or league shopping?

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#6)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member

10-04-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
Are you looking to join a league, organize a league in your area, or league shopping?
Neither. I just ran across the site & never heard anything about them. Their format does look interesting though, so I was curious as if anyone is playing in it or heard anything about it. Looks like a new establishment to me.

Old
  (#7)
Scott Lee
AzB Gold Member
Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-04-2010, 10:21 PM

Sounds to me like they are trying to copy Mark Griffin's USA Pool League. They make an awful lot of big promises, for a brand new organization. For example, how much are fees to play, and what is the specific payback (since they are touting payback as a big benefit). National Championship where, when, and paid for to get there, or not. Lots of unanswered questions from looking at the site. Who knows...it could be legit. I'd guess they have way less than 100 teams nationwide (and probably more like 50), as of now. We'll see what happens.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboxgrinder View Post
Bump: Nobody knows anything about this?

PBIA Master Instructor

Last edited by Scott Lee; 10-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Old
  (#8)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member

10-05-2010, 12:17 AM

My thoughts pretty much as well Scott, as to why I was curious because I have never seen that before.

Old
  (#9)
n0risc
Safe Driver Award
n0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to n0risc  
11-23-2010, 11:34 PM

I recently purchased a license with NAPA this month for 2 Ohio Counties, and I must say they have solved some many key frustrations that taunt members of other National Amateur League Organizations.

One of which is score keeping. Very Simple. Wins/Losses with calculations on how you beat the person in skill level determined race. Skill Levels range from 0-100+, and as other skilled games other than pool, you're skill level will change every match you play. No innings or ball counting. THANK FREAKING GOD!

There is no annual or perpetual sanction fee's. Once you play your first match and pay that night's league dues, you're a lifetime member with online obtainable statistics for ever.

LO requirements are very straight forward.. $.50 to NAPA, $2.50 retained by the LO for local prize money. $5.00 min per week per player required. So at worst, LO grosses $2.00 per player per week. But nightly league dues typically are $6 to $7 a night per player so this gross number could be higher in certain places. And many LO's will put 50% of the gross for trophies/shirts/ administrative costs typically, unless they're behind on their mortgage. (j/k)

$500.00 per county licensing fee, with a very clean straightforward contract.

They only offer a National Singles Championship at the moment which will be held this Memorial Day Weekend 2011 in Hot Springs, AK.. They are hoping for a National Team Event in 2012, and I'm sure this depends on how well the league does in the next 12 months. Vegas? Atlantic City?

Another key element in their movement is to eliminate the dragged out regional or national qualifier tournaments a LO holds in other organizations, A frustration that has the attention of many weary amateur players across the board.

NAPA Leagues will be the most affordable to date, and more profitable for the LO at the same time.

What's also crazy, is they take care of all the score-keeping. Enabling the LO to concentrate on their licensed areas and easily promote the league. What a great idea to utilize the technologies that other organizations are not using today!

I'm part of the team.. So I will be personally adding the the success of the league. I think they have a very good concept that could rapidly succeed other leagues in an area just because they eliminate many current frustrations. As we all know how small the pool playing community is, we will be seeing a lot more about NAPA Leagues in the near future.

Zach Goldsmith, LO
Buckeye NAPA Pool League of Central Ohio
614-679-5836
zach@asordic.com

Last edited by n0risc; 11-23-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors

Old
  (#10)
PocketPoint
Banned
PocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2010, 11:38 PM

I hate leagues. Just play a tournament!

Old
  (#11)
n0risc
Safe Driver Award
n0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond reputen0risc has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2010, 11:43 PM

I like league. It's like a tournament, just over a 12 week period. Great comradary with friends. Plus you get the travel around the area and meet new faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPoint View Post
I hate leagues. Just play a tournament!

Old
  (#12)
PocketPoint
Banned
PocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond reputePocketPoint has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2010, 11:47 PM

I guess that's true.

Old
  (#13)
JDB
Idiot Savant
JDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond repute

11-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0risc View Post
I recently purchased a license with NAPA this month for 2 Ohio Counties, and I must say they have solved some many key frustrations that taunt members of other National Amateur League Organizations....

Zach Goldsmith, LO
Buckeye NAPA Pool League of Central Ohio
614-679-5836
zach@asordic.com
Zack,

The website was not really clear on format from what I could tell, could you help me understand the format for 8 ball and 9 ball.

Is it a match format (ie., race to X versus same person) or round robin format; everyone plays each other from the other team?

If a match format, what are the races to in 8-ball and 9-ball?

How many people play each night?

I looked at the website but really couldn't find answers to these questions.

Thanks for your help.

Old
  (#14)
bboxgrinder
AzB Silver Member

11-24-2010, 08:23 AM

Here is the actual link to the site. I guess that was a looking for LO's site lol. The league does look pretty good on paper, best of luck to them.

http://www.napaleagues.com

Old
  (#15)
n0risc
Safe Driver Award

11-24-2010, 01:36 PM

JDB, They offer 8,9,and 10 ball formats with either 3,4,or 5 man teams. As most organizations you can apply your local by-laws and allow 3 substitutes on the roster, traditionally.

Match formats are a race format with the same person each night., Races can be as high as a 8-2 race, depending on skill level differences..

3,4, or 5 matches each night depending on the LO who runs their area. I'm pretty sure many territories will run the 5 person format.

All formats use the same score keeping format. I'll add a sample score sheet to this reply.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB View Post
Zack,

The website was not really clear on format from what I could tell, could you help me understand the format for 8 ball and 9 ball.

Is it a match format (ie., race to X versus same person) or round robin format; everyone plays each other from the other team?

If a match format, what are the races to in 8-ball and 9-ball?

How many people play each night?

I looked at the website but really couldn't find answers to these questions.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: