Simonis X-1 Cleaner Price

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where will i get the best price on one of those Simonis X-1 Cloth cleaners? now that i have new cloth i thought i might go ahead and get one.

Mike

JamesJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it any good?

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this product and can weigh in if it's worth the price?

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does a great job cleaning the table. With a brush, you brush the dirt and chalk into a pocket (then picked up by a pocketed ball and re-introduced onto the table). Because of electrostatic attraction, the dust and dirt is picked up by the Simonis unit. It's worth it to me if it prolongs the life of the cloth (which it probably does).

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got mine and I like it. It says it eliminates vacuuming which I used to do periodically. I still believe that even with a weak vacuum the cloth gets stretched. (that's a whole other debate). I just put Simonis 860 on my table so I figure I'd maintain it with the X1. All of the sites I found had it priced the same...I chose the one that included a free box of chalk.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I've had mine for about a year and am glad I have it. I've used it almost daily and it works very well and is easy to use. A quick wipe and it's done for the day.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. Wipe table with a damp microfibre cloth after using the gizmo.
Not that much more expensive than brushes, probably will last longer, and does a better job.

I vacuum the X-1 after each use and the change in colour shows that it has been absorbing chalk:grin:

SuzieQ

Registered
Simonis X-1 cleaner is great

We bought one of the Simonis X-1 cleaners when they first came out. It sounded like another company blowing smoke for a new product but we have used Simonis cloth on both our tables and currently use Simonis 860 on a 9 ft table. We couldn't believe a trusted company such as Simonis would place their name and reputation on a piece of junk just for a few bucks...and were we ever right ! The cleaner works just as described. When this one wears out I will gladly pay the $89 for a new one. Bought mine from PoolDawg.