Wade crane killed in car wreck last night

robsproshop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all i can tell you is they said he was on his way from knoxville headed back to rome do have any other details as of yet he will be missed

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man oh man it seems like every time your happy and having fun,its like clock work there is always something around the corner waiting to happen that is bad and sad,i guess thats just the way life is,great then suddenly terrible.That wade crane or billy johnson was with out any doubt the most feared 9 ball player to ever enter any room!GOD BLESS YOU MR.CRANE YOU WERE THE BEST!

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Wade Crane

This is the worst of news, Wade played in many of mine and my brother Calvin's tournaments in Texarkana in the 90's, I always admired his stroke, only a hand full of players had a stroke like Crane.

I remember when I was a kid in the poolhall, this old man poolplayer called "Rip" had just returned from the "Johnson City" tournament and said Billy Johnson was playing lights out!, over the years I learned that Billy Johnson and Wade Crane were one in the same.

My prayers go out to his family, he will be missed.

David Harcrow

Last edited:

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I had talked to Wade about taking lessons from him, when he was living in my area (Mobile, AL). Regrettably I never got to do that. He seemed like a nice guy. He had a great deal of talent as a player. He will be missed. RIP.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Sad news.

He was in the process of moving back up here from Ga, I hate to hear about this.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's terrible news! I just feel awful right now. He was my buddy for going on forty years. What a great player, one of the all time best at 9-Ball and Banks. I feel real bad. I always called him Billy because that was the name I knew him by. VERY smart guy! He KNEW pool! DAMN!!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
OK this sux and it makes me sad. let's tell stories.

Here's my my pal Joe (junksecret here on AZ) got his original 1960s Gina leather cue case.

Joe is a young pool punk hanging in a room in Sacto, he's got a great Gina Titlist Domino cue and some Fellini-style case. Wade Crane and Cuban Joe are doing a road stop and come up to him and ask if he wants to trade cases. They have this great Gina case but its a little too small (Ernie made them small in diameter and then had a "move" for getting like 3 cues and a car stuffed in there) for what they want and Joe's case looks perfect. Joe says lets see if the cases fit and dumps his stuff out. Wade shows Joe how to load his Gina and shafts into the tiny case and Joe watches as Cuban Joe hands Wade a tiny derringer which they wrap in a cloth and stuff into the top of what used to be Joe's case, perfect fit, deal made.

Life on the road.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shame, on Christmas of all days. My thoughts go out to his family. He was certainly fun to watch, had a great stroke and a killer break with a great sense of humor to boot. My thoughts go out to his family. May he rest in peace.