FS: Tim Scruggs Cue**Old School look**Mint

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
This is awesome Tim Scruggs cue from the 80's (I was told). The cue is in mint condition and has never really been played with..one shaft is unchalked and the other looks test hit only...looks like a cue straight out of a time capsule too...old school Scruggs to the max..the cocobolo or rosewood ringwork is just the nutz..I have never seen this style before...so I would say it fairly rare. Cue has 4 points w/ veneers into a birdseye nose. The tips of the points are dead even as well. This cue is a must have for all the Scruggs fans out there.

• 58"
  • 2-13 mm shafts w/ LBM ferrules...now with new triangle tips
  • 5/16x14 piloted steel joint
  • 19.5 ozs. with steel weight bolt...shafts are 3.9 & 4.0 oz

Cue is straight with both shafts

Price is NOW SOLD!!! within the US

Thanks,

Jeremy

DSC05420.jpg

DSC05423.jpg

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05414.jpg

DSC05422.jpg

DSC05421.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

DSC05419.jpg

Last edited:

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
Cool Scruggs....

I've got an early cue from Tim that has similar block work in the butt sleeve which is from somewhere between 1978-1980 w/o any logo.

Mine doesn't have those cool "Sugartree" style rings :smile-square:

Anyways, I would guess it's early 80's -- looks like an early TS logo -- very nice indeed! :thumbup2:

simmer1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So tempting

Dadgum, Jeremy,

You're killing me. I've got a nice cocobola 4 point scruggs and don't really NEED another one. This cue is really, really a Scruggs classic and would look so nice sitting next to the other one.

Steve

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
rings?

I've got an early cue from Tim that has similar block work in the butt sleeve which is from somewhere between 1978-1980 w/o any logo.

Mine doesn't have those cool "Sugartree" style rings :smile-square:

Anyways, I would guess it's early 80's -- looks like an early TS logo -- very nice indeed! :thumbup2:

Maybe "Sugartree" uses cool "Scruggs" style rings since this cue was built by Tim approx. 20+years before sugartree started building cues.
"country" Bob

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
This cue is all original...has never been refinished!

I got a PM today from the guy that sold this cue for the original owner...he said the guy never used it..the cue spend years in his closet:eek: So...I just wanted to let you fine folks know, that this is one heck of a rare find.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited:

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1
What the!!

Jeremy..I am absolutely shocked that this cue is still available..I don't know where you find these cues J, but I sure hope you are still doin it when I have some money..What a Gem!! This cue should bring that money in a full-blown depression and if this is a barometer of our cue market the outlook is bleak...I wish you luck my friend...

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
Thanks again...

Jeremy..I am absolutely shocked that this cue is still available..I don't know where you find these cues J, but I sure hope you are still doin it when I have some money..What a Gem!! This cue should bring that money in a full-blown depression and if this is a barometer of our cue market the outlook is bleak...I wish you luck my friend...

Yes, It is a buyers market out there...but I do have several deals brewing so don't give up on the cue market just yet...think positive buddy!;)

Jeremy

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Wonder why this one doesn't have ivory ferrules? I thought they were standard in the 80's for Scruggs cues. Love this design, great looking cue!
BUMP@!

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
This cue is super nice but I felt a tad heavy...so...I put a lighter weight bolt in it...so the butt now weighs 15.5 oz.

Overall weight is 19.5 now..the cue did weigh 20.2 oz.

The balance point is about 1.5" above the wrap...I didn't measure it yet

I also had new triangle tips put on. The original triangle tips were all dry and spongy.

This cue is ready to go and finally get some play after all these years.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited: