Just want to share this...

L.C.Hui

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all, just want to share the case that I just won in a recent raffle (the one with black pockets)

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Quite disappointing actually :(.
Comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why you are disappointed. How was the case described?

I'm sorry to see this happen. I've won some really nice stuff in the raffles here (and a really warped cue from Jeff Eason but that's a whole other story).

Pete

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The raffle case looks like a poorly done copy. The black and light brown one is a really sharp case though.

Last edited:

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hui shown me the case this afternoon. It was like comparing day and night. The darker case ( imitation ) was poorly done. Some of the tooling were not aligned. Leather are of lower grade.

I do not understand why Tasaddict would want to raffle such case and ruin his good reputation here.

Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Ok I been seen this jumping from page to page .
Ok the case you won Is not a jb case by far,
also you won it, the good part you really did not put some real money Into a very bad knock off .
I say sell it cheap and tell the truth on the case,
It's not a Jb case and you really don't know who made it,
Good luck sorry .
Look into sellers on az ask other people if your not sure about the seller...

L.C.Hui

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why you are disappointed. How was the case described?

I'm sorry to see this happen. I've won some really nice stuff in the raffles here (and a really warped cue from Jeff Eason but that's a whole other story).

Pete

The case was only described as a new flower tribute case. Was my own fault for joining the raffle anyway. Lesson learnt.

L.C.Hui

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If starting this thread is wrong, do let me know so that it gets deleted. I do not want to offend anyone in the forums.
I started this thread just to share these photos so that others will not make the same mistake as I did.

Hui

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you won a knock off of a knock off??? Sweet!

Doesn't matter if its a Barton case or not. Its not like the JB Flowers is 'the real deal'.

Last edited:

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I been seen this jumping from page to page .
Ok the case you won Is not a jb case by far,
also you won it, the good part you really did not put some real money Into a very bad knock off .
I say sell it cheap and tell the truth on the case,
It's not a Jb case and you really don't know who made it,
Good luck sorry .
Look into sellers on az ask other people if your not sure about the seller...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=227109

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=227396

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=226973

The seller got good feedbacks. 55 positive itrader to be exact.

It is not about whether he did put in some real money into it or not(but he did participate in a few of his raffles). There are others who are being cheated by this fraud including those who have not won in the raffles. Imagine how much money he has pocketed in this fraud on AZ. Getting a cheap counterfeit case and raffling it here for more.

Assuming one who would know that it is a fake would never pay that much for the raffle or even joined the raffles.

Most of the previous winners are not aware of the case differences. Hui is putting this up so that others, not only on the raffles, are aware of this counterfeit cases available on the market.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I entered one of the raffles. After I entered I looked very close and noticed the colors were off. They didn't make the JB Cases in those colors. It looked strange, I noticed it was off but I didn't really piece it together. Had I known the quality of the case before hand, I would not have entered the raffle. I do feel cheated.

He only showed the one picture in the raffle. If he would have shown a picture of the interior it would have been readily spotted as a fake. The JB Cases have the plush interior and have never had tubes.

Kind of sucks that someone with a good rep here would sell an imitation case for $400, more than the actual case would have cost.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I entered one of the raffles. After I entered I looked very close and noticed the colors were off. They didn't make the JB Cases in those colors. It looked strange, I noticed it was off but I didn't really piece it together. Had I known the quality of the case before hand, I would not have entered the raffle. I do feel cheated.

He only showed the one picture in the raffle. If he would have shown a picture of the interior it would have been readily spotted as a fake. The JB Cases have the plush interior and have never had tubes.

Kind of sucks that someone with a good rep here would sell an imitation case for $400, more than the actual case would have cost.

I noticed the colors were off as well and decided not to get in on the raffle. At first I thought it might have been a factory second, but then chucked that notion to the side thinking that John Barton most certainly doesn't allow seconds to go out. Amazingly one of the numbers I was going to take would have been a winner. I would have been really pissed to find out that the first time I win a raffle would have been winning a counterfeit.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also feel defrauded as I wouldn't have knowingly put my hard earned cash in raffle for a case of this quality. Thanks for posting this so we could see what we were actually entering for. I wasn't suspicious until the stranger colors started coming out and that's when I stopped entering his raffles. Believe it or not I thought the lack of depth of the tooling on the cases and the slightly off colors were just bad photography on his part. I see now, boy was I wrong.

Lesson learned here too and I won't be entering any more of Tasaddict's raffles. He's got some serious explaining and respect earning to do. I wonder if any of the other stuff he's currently raffling or raffled in the past is also counterfeit.

Danny Ross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As winner of one of the raffles as well, Thanks for posing the comparison. I got to say though, the case is not a piece of junk. I know a bit about leather but probally not as much a a lot of folks. Either way, its a shame the guy sold knock offs and people not knowingly bid on them as the real deal.

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
Agreed

I also feel defrauded as I wouldn't have knowingly put my hard earned cash in raffle for a case of this quality. Thanks for posting this so we could see what we were actually entering for. I wasn't suspicious until the stranger colors started coming out and that's when I stopped entering his raffles. Believe it or not I thought the lack of depth of the tooling on the cases and the slightly off colors were just bad photography on his part. I see now, boy was I wrong.

Lesson learned here too and I won't be entering any more of Tasaddict's raffles. He's got some serious explaining and respect earning to do. I wonder if any of the other stuff he's currently raffling or raffled in the past is also counterfeit.

As bad as it is, every single person that entered the raffle has been wronged and lied to. Because of the nature of raffles, 46 people are scammed instead of just the buyer. Granted, it may been seen as better that the rip-off cost was shared instead of one person being out for the entire person.

*edit* Original poster had responded. granted with reasoning. The reasoning of using "tribute" in place of "knockoff" is not appreciated.

Carl

Last edited:

createatks

Focus on RAFFLE
Silver Member
oh man

My God! i feel being cheated to go on that raffle. I got the Real FLowers and i love it so much. The fake one... Hmmm... SUCKS! well... his explaination is he got the case from trustable taiwanese supplier, an excuss that doesnt make sense. When the seller wanna claim for payment no wonder he asked me for e-mail instead giving his, i believe the usual things to do is seller give their e-mail for us to send the money. When i tracked his location and i do believe he is in Singapore. Well i just wanna share it, i hope i dont offend anyone except the seller. I dont care man about the seller.

Have a Good Day guys!
Ricky

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
The case was only described as a new flower tribute case. Was my own fault for joining the raffle anyway. Lesson learnt.

I almost made the same mistake. In all honesty the colors being off was an after thought. The main reason was that it wasn't a 3x6. I'm sad to say that it was the raffle that you won that I chose not to get into because of those two things. I saw it at work right when it got posted and my numbers would have been 8, 9, 10, 11, 18, 19, 20 and 21. I would have been really mad dropping $60 on that, but I would have also taken your number which was the winner.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am still undecided as to what to do to handle this. While it could have been a simple mistake, there appears to have been efforts made to cover up details now by the original poster.

While I decide what to do, it is up to those who were involved in the raffles to make their thoughts known on the posters itrader page.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/itrader.php?u=9976

Mike

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Can you imagine how www.JBCASES.COM feels? This sucks big time, for everyone, especially John Barton who takes great pride in his design and quality of his cue cases.