JTS Brown Review.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Until a few years ago I didn't know that JTS Brown was an actual brand of whisky. When I found out it was real I looked for it. Well the other day I found a fifth for 10 bucks.

The price of the bottle should have alerted me to its quality, but I tried it anyways. It is absolutely terrible. The after taste is still in my mouth as I type and it aint good. :eek: I have never tasted goat piss but I am sure if you cut JTS Brown with it the taste would be better.

I am going to keep the bottle for a decorative item for my pool room.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No glass...no ice. I believe this bottle cost about $8.50 shipped...Tax inc. Nothing but the best in this house:thumbup:

Attachments

• JTS.jpg
    JTS.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,236
Last edited:

risky biz

Banned
Until a few years ago I didn't know that JTS Brown was an actual brand of whisky. When I found out it was real I looked for it. Well the other day I found a fifth for 10 bucks.

The price of the bottle should have alerted me to its quality, but I tried it anyways. It is absolutely terrible. The after taste is still in my mouth as I type and it aint good. :eek: I have never tasted goat piss but I am sure if you cut JTS Brown with it the taste would be better.

I am going to keep the bottle for a decorative item for my pool room.

I was under the impression it was pretty good quality bourbon and that it isn't made anymore. Knockoff maybe? Also, people who drink scotch all the time think bourbon tastes bad and vice versa. I prefer cognac to both, myself.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
No matter how it tastes, it has to be better than even the best Scotch. I have a theory about guys that drink Scotch. :D

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I was under the impression it was pretty good quality bourbon and that it isn't made anymore. Knockoff maybe? Also, people who drink scotch all the time think bourbon tastes bad and vice versa. I prefer cognac to both, myself.

I am more of a scotch man. For the sake of wedding receptions and family gatherings I have tried to like cognac, but I really can't get in to it even the really expensive bottles.

I have to believe this stuff was cooked up for fans of the movie. I am going to keep it around to entertain true pool players.

If I start to lose I will offer them some with no ice. :thumbup:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to get a bottle of that JTS Brown to go with my pool collection whether I ever drink it or not.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I'll take some White Tappan whiskey, a glass and some ice. Oh, and get it at Johnny's.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me I'll take a bottle of 101 WILD Turkey, glass an ice. Now less play. :thumbup:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
JTS Brown is not good. Just mix it with coke and move on. If you want good quality bourbon, try Woodford Reserve. Best drink for the $.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I'll take some White Tappan whiskey, a glass and some ice. Oh, and get it at Johnny's.

I think it was White Tavern.

As JTS Brown did exist, and White Tavern did not, I think that Fats was calling for placebo Whiskey in order to get Eddie drunk, which worked pretty good (if it was a ploy).

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
I think it was White Tavern.

As JTS Brown did exist, and White Tavern did not, I think that Fats was calling for placebo Whiskey in order to get Eddie drunk, which worked pretty good (if it was a ploy).

Never thought of that. You might be right... :cool:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only say that if everyone liked vanilla ice cream, it would be an awfully bland world.

There's a reason while all manner of spirits, wines, and beers are distilled, vinted, and brewed and that's because we all have different palates. According to Whiskey magazine reviews, JTS Brown isn't all that terrible except "in the middle palate where it's rather watery." Who knew?

I'm not a fan of JTS Brown but I do like other bourbons, particularly small batch. I also like scotches, particularly single malt from the highlands areas. Now gin, I just can't stand but my bride drinks it all the time.

Brian in VA

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may have very well been a good brand of whiskey at the time the Hustler came out. Maybe they paid the movie makers to put it in the script? I bought a fifth of the stuff several years ago and from what I can remember, it tasted like an average run of the mill cheap bourbon whiskey.

Reminded me of the lyrics from a song by Jason Boland And The Stragglers

Cheap bourbon whiskey and pearl-snap shirts
Are two things that stay the same
So when the world starts spinnin' and your head hurts
There's a cheap bourbon whiskey and pearl-snap shirts

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Had a friend who went on a JTS BROWN diet.

I asked him how it was working out.

He said "Great...so far I've lost three days." :eek:

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like the old joke about the guy whose wife brings in his tackle box, a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. She takes one glass and puts water in it and whiskey in the other. She then puts a live worm in each glass. The one in water squirms around and lives and the one in whiskey dies instantly. She looks at her old man and says "What can be learned from this". He goes "If you drink whiskey you won't get worms".

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is the line thats never spoken about. The fatman was real smooth, smooth in everything he did including ordering some liquor.