My Visit from Cuephoric

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane came by last week and did a setup for me on a Brunswick Arcade 9'. He did an outstanding job. He took his time and the table plays well. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a setup if he is in your vicinity.

DSC07333.jpg

DSC07332.jpg

DSC07345.jpg

DSC07347.jpg

DSC07353.jpg

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is Olhaussen slate on it. I don't know what happened to the original slates but I acquired the table with this slate. It looks like it originally had a ball return with it but it is not with it either. It does play really well as is though.

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
Plays beautifully, that is if you can stop looking at it long enough to shoot....Super nice table set up superbly.

Dartman

Silver Member
It is Olhaussen slate on it. I don't know what happened to the original slates but I acquired the table with this slate. It looks like it originally had a ball return with it but it is not with it either. It does play really well as is though.

IMO only the frame/legs are original. Olhausen slate and probably also the rails. Regardless - looks good.

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO only the frame/legs are original. Olhausen slate and probably also the rails. Regardless - looks good.

Yes that is correct it has both olhaussen slate and rails. The skirting around the rails is original as well. It does play nice as it is though.

Dartman

Silver Member
Yes that is correct it has both olhaussen slate and rails. The skirting around the rails is original as well. It does play nice as it is though.

Modern playability with an antique look - nothing wrong there.
On the ball return, it would have had wood channels inside the frame and
cutouts in the top of the frame - along with a ball return box on 1 end.

scruffy1

Silver Member

Yup, You can see where the black painted area is where there closed the returns up. While it definitely affects the antique value, this was a very
nice job done by a skilled mechanic. I agree with Rick, nice looking antique
with great play. This probably gave new life to a table that may have been scrapped due to very damaged or missing components.

patrickjuhlin

A+ Banger
Silver Member
Justin,
That is a sick table. I can't believe we got Shane out here to Utah twice in the last 45 days. I'm sure he told you about him delivering my Anniversary table a little over a month ago. We should have coordinated to save him two trips! lol
We'll have to have meet up sometime and play on your new table and mine too.
Patrick J

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin,
That is a sick table. I can't believe we got Shane out here to Utah twice in the last 45 days. I'm sure he told you about him delivering my Anniversary table a little over a month ago. We should have coordinated to save him two trips! lol
We'll have to have meet up sometime and play on your new table and mine too.
Patrick J

Pat,

Your welcome anytime you get down my way. Maybe me you and Marc can play some if you do. I will be up that way for a week in November and if we could play on yours that would be cool. I'll get with you when it is closer.

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I could care less about having the functionality of the ball return but the collectibility would be cool. I also love that ball return box. I think that looks so cool. I would love to be able to find one that matches just for the looks.

Dartman

Silver Member
I could care less about having the functionality of the ball return but the collectibility would be cool. I also love that ball return box. I think that looks so cool. I would love to be able to find one that matches just for the looks.

Doubt you'll find a ball return box but no reason you can't build one if you do any woodworking.
I did one of these tables 2 yrs ago - here's some pics - http://www.poolfelt.com/bwick/arcade_project.html
that include some of the ball return and ball box. Check the corbels that face out and see if you notice the difference in design.

Some of the original ball return system was intact and the rest had to be rebuilt. There is also a 2-tier ball rack that mounts
above the ball box but in this case the table owner elected to leave it off. They got this table at an estate auction for $2300
but it needed some major work on the leg bottoms and rails. All told it came out nice and plays very well.

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks great and thr return box looks great. It looks like the difference in design you talk about is the holly inlays around the MOP rectangles extend down toward the legs instead of being a rectangle around the inlay. It looks great. The six leg model is awesome. I would have liked to get one. I consider myself pretty good with woodwork, maybe I will try and construct a return box for mine, even if it is just for looks. Thanks for posting the link.