Black King Tips Reviews

Black King Tips

Registered
Those cuemakers and repairmen that have received samples of Black King Tips for review...please post your reviews on this thread.

THANKS!

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip Review

Didn't know there was going to be a new thread or I would have waited. :D So I'll just copy and paste my review here since I don't know if it can be relocated. So here it goes:

Got the tips in very fast! Thank you.

So I watched the tip install video on their website to make sure there was nothing diferent to do with these tips. Put my Poison shaft in the lathe and went to work.

I tried the soft tip, cause I like using Elkmasters. Glued it up, wet it, and it ribboned just like in the video. Trimmed and shaped very easily. Sanded it flush, and used the Tiger Liquid to burnish it in. Nice, easy, simple.

While playing with it, In my opinion it hits a little harder than the elkmasters do. You know how the elkmasters has that real soft almost spongy hit...these don't have that. The hit is nice and crisp, seem very dense (think that's the word iI'm looking for lol).

It produces some good english, nice draw with it. Don't go extreme english with it, I miscued a few times (but then again, could be my stroke :eek: ) I was able to pull off some good masse shots with it. Played about 10 games then decided to see how long I could go without using any chalk. I got through 2 games of 8 ball before miscueing a couple times and went back to chalking it again and needed to scuff it from some glaze.

Overall I feel it's a great playing tip for the price! Best of all, I believe they offer a money back guarantee if not satisfied. Can't beat that! :thumbup:

picture.php

PMS

Banned
thanks blackhawk357m

good review, thanks, that sounds like the one for me.
i'm a state licensed vendor and have resale numbers, Mr Wong, what's the best price for a tube of 12 soft, thank you.

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Problem

Going to be putting the other 2 tips on some friends cues in the next few days, so I'll be posting reviews of those soon.

I'm surprised others haven't posted their reviews yet

gluton1

Schaller Custom Cues
Silver Member
I received these tips very fast. I installed a medium on my personal player and pleased to say I was very happy with everything about these tips. It held very well with gel superglue, cut very nice and clean and burnished up with a little water and a piece of leather. I really wish that I took a picture of it before I played with it . IMO it has a very nice crisp med hit to it. I only played with it for a couple of hours but it held it's shape and chalk very well. Transfered english well, got some nice top spin and draw with it. I even broke a few times with it to see if I could flatten the top a little and nothing, held it's shape nicely. As with all new tips I took a piece of 80 grit sandpaper every few games to scuff it up and no miscues so far. When I get to spend a little more table time with it I'll write another but so far these seem to be some very nice tips at a great price. I will definatelt be buying more of these. Thanks again for the tips!

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Well so far I've only had the chance to spend some time with the hard version. First let me be clear that I'm not a fan of hard tips at all. On my own personal shafts I prefer the hit & feel of a Sniper in a laminate tip and a Triangle in a traditional single ply. I like a firm, non-mushy hit that has a fairly quiet sound. Many like the tink, clink, ping sounds associated with hard tips...I do not. In fact many players seek this sound as they associate it with a solid hitting cue. Nothing wrong with that...100% personal preference & you'll find A speed players at both ends of the spectrum. So whenever I install a layered tip that is labeled "H" then I know to expect. The tip installed nicely with no surprises. The leather did seem a bit on the extra dry side & with such a dense tip I had some concern it'd make for a glass hit. Well surprise...I was actually shocked with the feel of the tip & its sound. There were absolutely none of the harsh "ping" sounds...even when struck firmly, well off center, with no chalk in an effort to miscue...the tip remained quiet. The hit for me was very lively with effortless action and truthfully seemed much more medium. It was firm but not really a hard hit. Note also that this tip was installed on a softer hitting Juma ferrule & an entirely different sound may very well be expected with LBM or such. I'm interested to hear others opinions that installed the H on LBM. I only got a couple hours of play so far but there was no movement or miscue issues. Many tips after only a couple hours of hard play will need trimmed and/or cleaned back up. This tip still looked same as new and had not glazed over and was chalking nicely. Its way too early to give an realistic opinion yet but I am very excited by what I've seen so far. Now I'm quite eager to install the "S" on one of my own shafts.:smile:

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got mine today too. I'm finishing my personal playing cue tomorrow.

I will put on the medium tip. Review comes in a view days.

Thanks for the sample package!!!

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I offered to test this guys tips like the others & never got my tips. I PMed him & he sent me a message that if I make an order, he will include some FREE tips. I do a LOT of repairs & would have gladly given his tips a fare evaluation. SORRY JACK, YOU LOSE. I wouldn't use your tips, if you paid me...JER

Black King Tips

Registered
I apologize to everyone that did not get sample tips to test. I simply cannot give free tips to everyone. Several cuemakers and repairmen have sent angry messages and posts because I wouldn't give them something for free. In my original posts I said I would give out as many samples as I can but not everyone would get some. I have searched AZ Billiards Forums and could not find any other tip manufacturer that offered free samples in exchange for a review. I sent samples to everyone that responded before I closed the offer. I originally planned to choose 3-4 people to test them in exchange for reviews but ended up sending out over 150 tips to cuemaker/repairman that responded within the time of the offer. For those of you that failed to respond to the offer in time I am sincerely sorry....feel free to flame me in public or private for my lack of fairness.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Nevermind my earlier comments...it corrected & I now see the proper price.

Last edited:

cueman1

Registered
Got my tips about 1 month ago (tube of med &hard ) and I paid for them. The medium tips felt a little softer than the triangle tips I am used to, but played very well, also glued up easy and trimmed up properly and held there shape after breaking about 2 weeks of breaking with it. Unlike other layerd tips it did not get harder as i went through the layers like some other layerd tips.
The hard tips are perfect for my style of play, they move the ball just like my original moori medium from 15 years ago. They trimmed easier than the medium tip held shape just the same and burnished up the same and has not got any harder in the last 2 weeks of play, I actually like the tips so much I am starting to put them on all the new AC cues .

Ariel Carmeli

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I actually like the tips so much I am starting to put them on all the new AC cues .

Ariel Carmeli

Well there you go ladies & gentleman...Ariel's blessing should be all you need to hear. Now get your checkbooks out & try them yourselves.:thumbup:

Black King Tips

Registered
I offered to test this guys tips like the others & never got my tips. I PMed him & he sent me a message that if I make an order, he will include some FREE tips. I do a LOT of repairs & would have gladly given his tips a fare evaluation. SORRY JACK, YOU LOSE. I wouldn't use your tips, if you paid me...JER
It may be too late.... but I did find your orignal PM that you sent on the day we offered the samples. I'm sorry you were the one that fell through the cracks...it was 100% my fault you were overlooked. I will gladly send you the samples as promised...however, I can't pay you to try them... LOL

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had some pretty bad weather last week, and over the weekend, so I haven't had a chance to install one and hit any balls with It yet either, but I received them Very quickly, and they look pretty nice. I will follow up when I have some Results. I have shot with many hardness levels over the years and switched up as My stroke changed. Now days I prefer the same as Kevin mentioned, a sniper or triangle type of feel, but I have others on extra shafts that I do occasionally use, and I use a hard tip for breaking. Since I use the softer tips the most though, I think I'll try the soft tip that was sent to me, so as to give a better opinion. Will report back when I have more. Thanks for the samples, and fast shipping.

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
Customer service is a must in this small industry. JMHO

It may be too late.... but I did find your orignal PM that you sent on the day we offered the samples. I'm sorry you were the one that fell through the cracks...it was 100% my fault you were overlooked. I will gladly send you the samples as promised...however, I can't pay you to try them... LOL

Black King Tips

Registered
Customer service is a must in this small industry. JMHO
You are right... that is why I apologized and offered to make good on the sample offer. I received over 50 PM that day and unfortunately he was overlooked in the scramble to get the tips packaged and shipped to everyone. I hope I never make another mistake after the thrashing I received for the last one :)

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
as promised

I got a sample in quick fashion.
Put the hard on my cue,it went on with no issues at all.
Spent 6 hours playing,breaking with it last night.

It did flatten out a little(was expected) but had no mushroom.I never did scuff it!
Played very well!
No loud tinks just a good hard solid thump with each shot!
Held chalk very well and for several more shots than my old tip!!

I see this tip company going far if they can keep the price down and the same quality,I like the idea of made in America and I intend on making an order very soon..........