Judd Trump The Next World Champion?

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you look at the results so far for the Premier League, Trump really is the dominating player.

http://www.premierleaguesnooker.com/results/2011_partypokercom_premier_league_snooker.htm

He has only played 3 events and has one more to come with O'Sullivan, White, and Murphy.
So he could top the standings.

Last year, Trump lost the World Championship by 3 frames.
In one frame he was about a third of the way through the reds, heading for a 147, when he got out of position.
Instead of going for an easier colour, he tried for the black, missed, and lost the frame - a two frame swing.
Except for that lapse, playing for the crowd instead of playing for the frame, he matched Higgins.

Last year Higgins had something to prove coming off his suspension.
This year he must be very satisfied:
He is world champion;
and
News of the World is dead :D

For whatever reason, he just doesn't seem as motivated this season.
Trump, on the other hand, has been really turning the screws on his opponents when he makes it into the late stages of tournaments.

Other potential contenders:
Ding - beat Trump in a best of 35 in China, in lieu of playing in Brazil.

Williams - been suffering a few brain cramps in late stages of matches, and had that meltdown with the red/pink controversy - the red/pink didn't cost him the match, it was a later miss of very short shot on a colour that did him in.

My brilliant :D handicapping choices

1. Trump
2. Ding
3. Higgins
4. Williams

Dark Horses - can come from behind
Stuart Bingham - weak developing the reds
Mark Selby - sometimes becomes too defensive

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Snooker Season So Far 2011 - 2012 !

So far the snooker season has been about promoting the game to a new audience world wide so I wouldn't pay much attention to the results this season as it's been new territory for the players.

The Premier League has turned into a game show format,so I wouldn't pay much attention to those results either.

Mark Selby grafted real hard to earn the Number 1 spot but in a way the season has only just started.

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...E=snooker/11/11/10/manual_232231.html&BID=663

1.Higgins
2.Selby
3.Williams
4.Ding

Dark horse - Trump,last year he might just have been a flash in the pan

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like Judd Trump this year.
Last year in the finals, he threw away 3 games from immaturity....
..especially the last game....he made the last red and acted like he couldn't
lose that game...his choice of shots was terrible.

He is a year older and wiser this time

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year Higgins won the world title with his B game. He was not at his best, but Trump was.
I think in a long match over best of 35 frames Higgins is favourite against anyone. The man simply has got no weaknesses at all, none.