Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page OLNEY CUES (the search is over)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
OLNEY CUES (the search is over)
Old
  (#1)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member
Trav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

OLNEY CUES (the search is over) - 11-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Whats up everyone. I am just showing and doing a review of the first 2 Olneys that I received in the mail last week from Jeff. I now everyone that has tried out Jeff's cues already know that they are crafted top knotch and are built with playabilitly as the most important factor in mind. I have always been a huge Olney fan but these 3 hit even a little better because of the use of two hardwoods I believe. Jeff turned the handle down slightly to allow for the heavy wood combos and for a slimmer feel that I really like alot. They all have that nice crisp hit to them. I have come to the conclusion that I haven't ever hit with a cue that plays better than Jeff's cues. I am going to be listing about everything i own shorly for sale with the exception of one of Rick Howards personal playing cues and a Nitti that I have ordered also. I will add photos of the bacote cue shortly, I didn't recieve it until 4 days later and need to charge the camera battery. None of these are for sale and thanks for looking everyone. I appreciate everything Jeff and thanks for building a great cue man, Trav Dorn.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Trav Dorn

Last edited by Trav D; 11-22-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Rusty Melton
AzB Gold Member

Rusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-12-2011, 02:06 PM

That's great to hear Trav, they look really nice. And I know the feeling on how they play, because the last one I got from Jeff is the best playing cue I've ever owned. I told him that he must of put a little magic in it, it's that good. He goes above and beyond on every cue he puts out and I sure appreciate all of the hard work he's put into all of the ones he's made for me. Thanks for your review, sorry to ramble in it.

Old
  (#3)
scdiveteam
Rick Geschrey
scdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond reputescdiveteam has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Hi,

Jeff Who?

Seriously, Jeff is one the most versatile and talented CMs around. He seems to do it all.... and very well.

Rick

"Handcrafted Cues using Procedural Process Control"

Old
  (#4)
Remy
Fear none, respect few
Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

11-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav D View Post
Whats up everyone. I am just showing and doing a review of the first 2 Olneys that I received in the mail last week from Jeff. I now everyone that has tried out Jeff's cues already know that they are crafted top knotch and are built with playabilitly as the most important factor in mind. I have always been a huge Olney fan but these 3 hit even a little better because of the use of two hardwoods I believe. Jeff turned the handle down slightly to allow for the heavy wood combos and for a slimmer feel that I really like alot. They all have that nice crisp hit to them. I have come to the conclusion that I haven't ever hit with a cue that plays better than Jeff's cues. I am going to be listing about everything i own shorly for sale with the exception of one of Rick Howards personal playing cues and a Nitti that I have ordered also. I will add photos of the bacote cue shortly, I didn't recieve it until 4 days later and need to charge the camera battery. None of these are for sale and thanks for looking everyone. I appreciate everything Jeff and thanks for building a great cue man, Trav Dorn.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
What him said

Old
  (#5)
TheTablePro
AzB Silver Member
TheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond reputeTheTablePro has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2011, 03:49 PM

Agreed, agreed...........and agreed! Still have a 20 year old Olney I SHOULD put away but when I try others, I just can't get that special feel I get with this Olney. I know how you're feeling about yours Trav! I still need to make it down to my in-laws and pay you a visit to see your collection. Congrats on a couple of fine cues!!

The Table Pro
Over 34 years and retirement appears to be a fantasy

Old
  (#6)
jeff olney
AzB Silver Member
jeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Trav, very nice for you to say that, that has always been my #1 goal in cues is the hit and playablity, its been my goal since day one almost 20 years ago. thanks for the write up Trav someday you will be half way to 30 cues glad you like them. thanks Tony, Rusty, Rick and Robin for your comments. Jeff

Last edited by jeff olney; 11-15-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add name

Old
  (#7)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member
Trav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTablePro View Post
Agreed, agreed...........and agreed! Still have a 20 year old Olney I SHOULD put away but when I try others, I just can't get that special feel I get with this Olney. I know how you're feeling about yours Trav! I still need to make it down to my in-laws and pay you a visit to see your collection. Congrats on a couple of fine cues!!
Yea man That would be great, definitely let me know when you can make it down.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#8)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member

11-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff olney View Post
Trav, very nice for you to say that, that has always been my #1 goal in cues is the hit and playablity, its been my goal since day one almost 20 years ago. thanks for the write up Trav someday you will be half way to 30 cues glad you like them. thanks Tony, Rusty, Rick and Robin for your comments. Jeff
No problem Jeff just speaking the truth man. Yeah I am definitely on my way to reach the 30 mark. These next 6 coming will get me over one third of the way there.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#9)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member

11-15-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Melton View Post
That's great to hear Trav, they look really nice. And I know the feeling on how they play, because the last one I got from Jeff is the best playing cue I've ever owned. I told him that he must of put a little magic in it, it's that good. He goes above and beyond on every cue he puts out and I sure appreciate all of the hard work he's put into all of the ones he's made for me. Thanks for your review, sorry to ramble in it.
Rusty he definitely puts some magic in the cues. He is the most consistent cuemaker that I have had been fortunate enough to own cues from. Keep working the magic Jeff,

Trav Dorn

olney
Old
  (#10)
danny turner
AzB Silver Member
danny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond reputedanny turner has a reputation beyond repute

olney - 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM

trav let me hit with one of his olneys,it plays great,the bad thing he wont sell any, he wants all of them.stingy ba--ard

Old
  (#11)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member

11-18-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny turner View Post
trav let me hit with one of his olneys,it plays great,the bad thing he wont sell any, he wants all of them.stingy ba--ard
Lol,

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#12)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Bacote photos added!

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#13)
jeff olney
AzB Silver Member
jeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond reputejeff olney has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2011, 04:35 PM

Trav, a new ring with a different look that you might like, triple veneer 8 slot. Jeff
Attached Images

Old
  (#14)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff olney View Post
Trav, a new ring with a different look that you might like, triple veneer 8 slot. Jeff
That looks real nice Jeff. I def wouldn't mind using that one on one of the new ones coming definitely.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#15)
jeff olney
AzB Silver Member

11-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav D View Post
That looks real nice Jeff. I def wouldn't mind using that one on one of the new ones coming definitely.
Trav, this one you might like with the thin black. Jeff
Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: