• Bank

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pocket pool! No, wait! I mean "One Pocket".

I'm really good at one! Just okay at the other!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I voted for 1-hole and 14.1

10-ball would've got my vote if it was more specific.....
..I like Texas Express or roll-out....but NOT call-shots....
...and call-shot with the option is for sure not one of my options

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One or the other

Short Rack banks or One Pocket....., 9 Ball when tight on time

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just noticed your sig. This is my favorite Cha Yu-Ram photo:

yu2.jpg

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket!!! It's such a relaxing and stimulating game! It's like sitting down in the park on a fall day playing a game of chess with a perfect stranger. Oh how I love it!

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like there are not many of us who prefer rotation (61). A truly challenging game with an end of game reward. The balls get easier to make as the rack proceeds.

We play it slightly different than most others with one point per ball and ball in hand for all fouls. A game to 50 points is difficult and rewarding.

I think our next addition will be to make it like 14.1. Re-rack after 14 balls and no direct break on the next rack.

It is not for sissies !

I like it better than one pocket because you use the whole table and all the pockets

Last edited:

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is a truly fine game when you have the people with the right temperment. It is more like chess and requires patience and many esoteric skills: banks, kicks and solid defensive play.

Some of the "old" guys I play with can't quite make the transition.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
one pocket really that popular on this board? I have never played it, i think im going to have to try it.

Champ:

One pocket's a thinking-man's game, much like straight pool is (but even more so!). I agree with JoeW -- when you get a good opponent to spar with, there's nothing like it to get the creative mental juices flowing. It's MUCH more enjoyable than pool "color by numbers." If you've never played one pocket before, I would suggest finding someone that plays the game regularly to at first learn from, and then spar with. Going into "how to play one pocket" is beyond the scope of this thread.

If you lived near me, I'd be happy to show you the ropes of this fine game.

-Sean

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is cool!

The best part of the game..., when that guy thinks he's put you in a spot you cant get out of..., and you do!! So refreashing, god I love this game!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket
Straight Pool
10 Ball-modified WPA rules as played on the Predator Tour
Banks-just getting into this.

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first exposure to one-pocket was very painful. I'd never played, but kind of knew the rules. I asked a road guy whose partner was gambling with a friend if he wanted to play while they played. Turns out he'd formerly been road partners with one of the best one-pocket players in the country. Played from 11 pm to 7 am...and I didn't win a game! Ok...so I'm a fool, but it did result in a love for the game. Does this mean I'm a masochist?

Are all one-pocket players masochists?

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made my choice based on the idea of: if I was forced to only play one or two games forever, what would they be. In that case, my two favorites are banks and one pocket.

Honestly though, I love playing pool. I don't care what game it is. Each one has different skills and I love every one on the list. I would love to play 8 ball as much as 9 ball or straight pool. I usually try to leave it up to the opponent because I really have no opposition to any of them. I can't really vote on the poll because it would just add one to every game, lol.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
One Pocket
Straight Pool
10 Ball-modified WPA rules as played on the Predator Tour
Banks-just getting into this.

You mirrored my choices exactly! (Although I'd been playing banks for a while -- short-rack banks, anyway. I know, I know, Mr. Brumback would ask me when was I going to take the training wheels off. :p )

-Sean

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket!!! It's such a relaxing and stimulating game! It's like sitting down in the park on a fall day playing a game of chess with a perfect stranger. Oh how I love it!

John Brumback

Silver Member
You mirrored my choices exactly! (Although I'd been playing banks for a while -- short-rack banks, anyway. I know, I know, Mr. Brumback would ask me when was I going to take the training wheels off. :p )

-Sean

Yes I would..what are you,6 or somethin?:p John B.
1hole Is my second fav.