Votes: 1 0.5%
  • >80

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, at 68 I am officially one of the old guys.

Played in the baseball league yesterday morning, spent time in the hot tub, bought siding to put on the house, and went to a 50s and 60s dance last night where I danced my fool head off. Had to miss the 9-Ball tournament cause the wife wanted to dance. Hey, getting old isn't so bad. Of course all my muscles are telling me I am not 30 years old any more and baseball is not an old guy's game.

When I read my wife this post she pointed out that I am not 69, I am 68. OAD (old age disease) kicking in but I can still run a rack here and there.

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Played in the baseball league yesterday morning, spent time in the hot tub, bought siding to put on the house, and went to a 50s and 60s dance last night where I danced my fool head off. Had to miss the 9-Ball tournament cause the wife wanted to dance. Hey, getting old isn't so bad. Of course all my muscles are telling me I am not 30 years old any more and baseball is not an old guy's game.

When I read my wife this post she pointed out that I am not 69, I am 68. OAD (old age disease) kicking in.

Sorry Joe, but that's funny.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

When I read my wife this post she pointed out that I am not 69, I am 68. OAD (old age disease) kicking in but I can still run a rack here and there.

DO you play in the Mens Senior League Baseball (MSBL) league. And just for the record, this "senior" league starts at age 25 and has age brackets up to 55 and over....so no wise cracks :)

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here in Leesburg Florida it is called the "Men's Senior League Division Five" We also have a division Four (varsity players). No one on the team is under the age of 55. Our league is composed of teams from active retirement communites where you have to be 55 to buy a house.

I have now played my third game of basball in my life and having a great time. When I was younger I was into individual sports, gymnastics, diving, cross country and stuff like that. Definitely feeling like a kid when I ride my bike to baseball practice :wink:

derangedhermit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Played in the baseball league yesterday morning [...] baseball is not an old guy's game.
Since you are down near Parrothead land, a song came to mind:

Growing Older But Not Up
Jimmy Buffett, 1980

"For all those who don't feel as old as they are and never will"

I rounded first never thought of the worst
As I studied the shortstops position
Crack went my leg like the shell of an egg
Someone call a decent physician
I'm no Pete Rose, I can't pretend
Though my mind is quite flexible, these brittle bones don't bend.

Chorus:
I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead

hdgis1

There are a lot of old farts and guys having a midlife crisis who answered this question!

Chris