Like To See 15 Ball Rotation On TAR

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'd like to see Shane or one of the other US heavy hitters play Efnen or Busti or another top player from the PI. Either on the 9' or the 10' table. Race to 50 in 2 days. Would any one else like to see this? Johnnyt

mincho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I posted this rotation idea on the TAR podcast #11 on youtube. Would be cool and something a little different.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Maybe a race to 50 is too long. I haven't played it or seen it played in a long time. There are a lot of safety battles in the early part of most games so that eats up the clock. But what the race would be to would be up to the players and TAR. Johnnyt

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think there are too many subltities in the game for SVB to play it @ Busti's/ Efren's level.

Ya-know?! Look at what happens when SVB tries to play 1p! :eek: freakin pool machine!

duker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 Ball Rotation

I wrote to Mark Griffin last week and suggested they have an exhibition match at the upcoming Southern Classic, similar to the 8- Ball exhibition they had at the Derby Classic, and maybe have 2 players from the Phillipines do this since this is what they play over there sometimes. I would really like to see 2 skilled players do this. Years ago at the Chattanooga Billiard Club, I saw Parica run 3 racks of this on a 8 foot table. He said he would pass on the idea. Maybe if enough people show their interest in seeing 15 Rotation, Mark, Greg and his staff might make it happen at an exhibition at the " Southern Classic" July 20-28....come on guys, show your interest for something different.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote to Mark Griffin last week and suggested they have an exhibition match at the upcoming Southern Classic, similar to the 8- Ball exhibition they had at the Derby Classic, and maybe have 2 players from the Phillipines do this since this is what they play over there sometimes. I would really like to see 2 skilled players do this. Years ago at the Chattanooga Billiard Club, I saw Parica run 3 racks of this on a 8 foot table. He said he would pass on the idea. Maybe if enough people show their interest in seeing 15 Rotation, Mark, Greg and his staff might make it happen at an exhibition at the " Southern Classic" July 20-28....come on guys, show your interest for something different.

Efren and Bustamante had a rotation exhibition at the derby a few years ago. It was interesting to see them play the game an rules they play by in the Philippines. It was a race to eight and lasted just over an hour. I remember they did it in the morning and I just happened to walk in right as they were starting.

For anyone interested, it is in the Accu-stats library. After you click on "go shopping", there is a rotation link on the left. That is the only rotation match so it won't be hard to find from there.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldn't sell here. I have never seen anyone play 15 ball rotation in a pool room in the US. Phillipines maybe, but not here.

With that said, I would love to see Alex play Efren in this.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Well if Mark said he would pass on 15 ball rotation its probably dead in the water. The US players would not like playing the PI players that game anyway. That was their big money game for years in the PI. Johnnyt

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I would love to see this too. Forget 10 ball, lets play rotation. From the couple of exhibitions I've seen, the game doesn't take that long at all. As was already mentioned, Efren and Francisco's match took just over an hour which no longer than a 10 ball match of the same length.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see this too. Forget 10 ball, lets play rotation. From the couple of exhibitions I've seen, the game doesn't take that long at all. As was already mentioned, Efren and Francisco's match took just over an hour which no longer than a 10 ball match of the same length.

Just as a point of cllarification, Rotation and playing 15 ball rotation like 9 or 10 ball are different games. Efren and Busty's exhibition was playing rotation, where the game would end when someone reaches 61 points. This makes the games go faster because often there is still many balls left on the table.

Playing 15 ball rotation where the 15 ball was the only winning/money ball would take longer than 9 or 10 ball IMO. Especially if you play by the call shot, 15 ball must go last rules that the pros are so keen on right now.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Just as a point of cllarification, Rotation and playing 15 ball rotation like 9 or 10 ball are different games. Efren and Busty's exhibition was playing rotation, where the game would end when someone reaches 61 points. This makes the games go faster because often there is still many balls left on the table.

Playing 15 ball rotation where the 15 ball was the only winning/money ball would take longer than 9 or 10 ball IMO. Especially if you play by the call shot, 15 ball must go last rules that the pros are so keen on right now.

There used to be a match video on youtube from japan of two players competing at an interesting version of rotation. All rules applied, except instead of playing to 61 points, it was to 300 points (I think). They played through the racks and accumulated the points much in the same way as straight pool, only no break balls.

I've tried it myself, it's a very fun version of the game, and it forces you to try to run the entire 15 which as we all know is tough.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

I'm talking 15 ball rotaion here...

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to go down to D&D and play a guy named Gel phillipino rules rotation. AWSOME game, and that is how i practice here at home. It makes all other rotation games seem like tiddlywinks.

BTW...practice your spot shots! ;)

G.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About five years ago I sat and watched Efren throw all 15 balls on the table and start running them out in rotation, he was warming up for a nineball match with Jeanette lee at DCC. He played perfect shape running the cueball through the balls with ease and ran about 4 racks straight and at least another two pack while talking to Santo and Busty. I was amazed and I grew up in an old country poolroom where we played rotation but not like Efren did, a TAR match would be fantastic. The few tables I saw Efren clear were unbelievable and every AZ'er needs to see this once in there lifetime, it was easy to see that he was in his comfort zone playing a game that he love's.--Leonard

PS he destroyed Jeanette in the match

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Might as well let 15 ball be the new game for the pros. I use to play
15 ball rotation on the bar table for practice. Then once I matched up
in 9 ball it was easy!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Might as well let 15 ball be the new game for the pros. I use to play
15 ball rotation on the bar table for practice. Then once I matched up
in 9 ball it was easy!

15 ball rotation on a BB is not fun lol. I don't even Efren would think it fun. Johnnyt

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When they play 15 ball rotation in the PI do combos count? Johnnyt

The way Efren and Busty played, combo's counted. If you shot a 3-11 combo, making the 11 would add that to your score and you continued on.

I didn't understand all of the rules. Kicking was different. You could hit a rail before the object ball and as long as you hit the correct OB, no ball had to touch a rail after.

Also, if you were hooked you could give up BIH behind the line and the OB would spot on the footspot.

There were more rules but they didn't go over them and those are the ones I could figure out based solely on observation.