Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What is the best cue for the money
Old
  (#1)
2002stallion
AzB Bronze Member
2002stallion is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to 2002stallion Send a message via Yahoo to 2002stallion  
What is the best cue for the money - 02-27-2012, 08:19 AM

As you all probally know already im.in the cue market what do yall prefer money doesnt matter but please be reasonable whos gonna play with a $10k dollar pool cue thanks i really like tuxedo cues and if your selling something pm or txt me pics and price 843 457 4505

Old
  (#2)
angldemn
AzB Silver Member
angldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond reputeangldemn has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2012, 08:34 AM

You might get more responses in the wanted/for sale section.

There are a lot of good cues out there, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding one. Pechauers are solid and well regarded, and I have a very fancy one for sell like this.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cue...pr13-crown.htm

I'll sell it for $465 shipped with custom joint protectors by Jim Baxter and an Anwar low deflection shaft.

Here's some more info on Pechauers.
http://www.pechauer.com/article.php?article_id=5

Regards,
Jason

Old
  (#3)
MitchAlsup
AzB Silver Member
MitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2012, 08:44 AM

A $30 cue is a lot more cost effective than a $3000 cue. The $3000 may play a little better but no where close to 100X better. That is, you will not miss 100X more often with the cheapo.

money does matter
Old
  (#4)
thefonz
It's not me...it's my ADD
thefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond repute

money does matter - 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM

depends on why you're buying the cue and what your preferences are.
best cue for the money is subjective depending on who you talk to. personally i'd go big or go cheap, the market is a little slow, and there are some good deals out there, for collectability and cues holding their value, middle of the road cues from non HOF cuemakers priced 500-2K seem to be a little to volatile for me, unfortunately i live in a extremely small market, which makes it difficult for me to move product without taking a loss.

if you're buying new, stay away from production cues, you'll lose half your cash as soon as you start hitting balls with it. and your chances of it becoming a collectable is slim to none,

if you're looking for a fancy nice looking and playing cue, best bang for the dollar IMHO would be a JD custom. and his cues play great.

Al Bautista would fall under this category as well, but i've never played with one of his cues, and they're a little pricier.

the nice thing with cues like the above, is that they seem to hold their value fairly well, even in this crappy market due to the fact that you can't get another cue that looks as good, at that low of a price point.

if money is no object, you TRY and place an order with any of the HOF cuemakers, good luck though because you'll be waiting a while, but i'm sure it'll be well worth it.

Old
  (#5)
brandoncook26
AzB Gold Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-27-2012, 09:16 AM

If I was buying a cue right now I would get the 8 point fullsplice -R- cue that Kevin Brewer was selling (I don't even know if he still has it).

That cue is a great deal for the money. Wish I was looking for a cue.

Old
  (#6)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

02-27-2012, 09:30 AM

There's an amazing deal on a Randy Mobley 4-ptr for $1100 in the WFS. Can't remember who's selling it, but I saw it yesterday. Extremely playable AND collectable!

Last edited by rayjay; 02-27-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: poor memory

Old
  (#7)
TheBook
Ret Professional Goof Off
TheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2012, 09:35 AM

Attend something like the SBE if you have a chance and try many cues and pick one that you like and within your budget. Anything else is like taking advice on what stock to buy. At one time GM was a can't miss blue chip and look what happened to those share owners.

If you are happy with it you will enjoy it more. Don't buy to please or impress anyone else. Very few players notice or care about the cue you play with.

Old
  (#8)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBook View Post

Attend something like the SBE if you have a chance and try many cues and pick one that you like and within your budget. Anything else is like taking advice on what stock to buy. At one time GM was a can't miss blue chip and look what happened to those share owners.

If you are happy with it you will enjoy it more. Don't buy to please or impress anyone else. Very few players notice or care about the cue you play with.

Damned fine advice above. If you go to the SBE, be sure to check out Keith Josey's booth...love my Josey cue!

Old
  (#9)
luke
AzB Silver Member
luke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond reputeluke has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2012, 12:30 PM

The one that feels best and costs the least. You can always get a performance shaft for your favorite butt.

Old
  (#10)
KoolKat9Lives
MIH-ing for years
KoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

02-27-2012, 01:19 PM

I'd surely go for a custom Eddie Wheat.

Order now, and get a free Ginsu knife and $20 in Wheatbucks (redeemable at any FBI store for undercover services)! How can you go wrong?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: