Hohmann Aiming Philosophy (Read Quickly Before Deleted)

In a recent match commentary, Thorsten Hohmann shared his aiming philosophy with AZB member JoeyA.

Many of you want to know how the World Champions aim, well here is how one of them does it........ Please read this quickly before it is taken down. There are certain members on this forum who prey upon others by selling them an "aiming system," and this type of talk from a World Champion is not wanted by them. Please expect a big backlash from the aiming proponents here. But I do feel this is the beginning of the downfall of the aiming crowd, and eventually I feel this subforum will close.

THORSTEN: I want to share what I know, my knowledge. I believe that what I give will come back to me 10 times. So there is nothing about pool that I hold back. You know, I try to share everything that I have.

JOEYA: So now while I've got you right here, we're in the middle waiting for a game to start...... Do you have a secret aiming system?

THORSTEN: No (laughs).

JOEYA: Well there you go internet fans, no secret aiming system.

THORSTEN: What I teach is just the ghost ball method. But then it becomes just practice. If you spend 10 hours a day playing pool, then you will figure it out. You will get to know your cue. It's all learning by doing. Once you start using sidespin, then forget about your aiming system.

JOEYA: (chuckles)

THORSTEN: I am a certified instructor in Germany, I love to teach. Alot of my students, I'm talking about my more advanced students, they are worried about things like the way they hold their cue, the grip. And I think they just worry too much. I mean I am a very technical player. I work on my fundamentals, and I try to be.... textbook. But at the end, you just have to trust yourself and perform. Some players just worry too much about little things that don't matter. And aiming is about learning. If you are a beginner and you have no idea how to aim or where to aim, it is all explained in the books. But, get to know your cue, learn about deflection, and what happens when you use sidespin, and just work on your fundamentals. Work on your straight stroke.

champ2107

Banned
In a recent match commentary, Thorsten Hohmann shared his aiming philosophy with AZB member JoeyA.

Many of you want to know how the World Champions aim, well here is how one of them does it........ Please read this quickly before it is taken down. There are certain members on this forum who prey upon others by selling them an "aiming system," and this type of talk from a World Champion is not wanted by them. Please expect a big backlash from the aiming proponents here. But I do feel this is the beginning of the downfall of the aiming crowd, and eventually I feel this subforum will close.

THORSTEN: I want to share what I know, my knowledge. I believe that what I give will come back to me 10 times. So there is nothing about pool that I hold back. You know, I try to share everything that I have.

JOEYA: So now while I've got you right here, we're in the middle waiting for a game to start...... Do you have a secret aiming system?

THORSTEN: What I teach is just the ghost ball method. But then it becomes just practice. If you spend 10 hours a day playing pool, then you will figure it out. You will get to know your cue. It's all learning by doing. Once you start using sidespin, then forget about your aiming system.

THORSTEN: I am a certified instructor in Germany, I love to teach. Alot of my students, I'm talking about my more advanced students, they are worried about things like the way they hold their cue, the grip. And I think they just worry too much. I mean I am a very technical player. I work on my fundamentals, and I try to be.... textbook. But at the end, you just have to trust yourself and perform. Some players just worry too much about little things that don't matter. And aiming is about learning. If you are a beginner and you have no idea how to aim or where to aim, it is all explained in the books. But, get to know your cue, learn about deflection, and what happens when you use sidespin, and just work on your fundamentals. Work on your straight stroke.

only 10 hours a day? :thumbup: do you think there maybe a short cut? who can spend 10 hours a day practicing? wake up and try and not to preach and stop putting "aiming" in your name and you may last lol

Someone throw me a green rep please......

By the way, do you expect to achieve much without a significant amount of practice?

Thorsten continues to say that those not willing to put in the required amount of practice are just lazy.

For those without the time to put in, just don't expect to be good players. No need to look for shortcuts (there aren't any).

champ2107

Banned
only 10 hours a day? :thumbup: do you think there maybe a short cut? who can spend 10 hours a day practicing? wake up and try and not to preach and stop putting "aiming" in your name and you may last lol

robsnotes4u red reps me for this post? you guys lol :thumbup:

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
Try practicing what you preach:

"wake up and try and not to preach" - Father Champ

pj
chgo

i was just giving him some advice, so he can break his banning streak! i think this was his 5'th profile i have seen banned from him. I speak my mind on a internet message board lol i guess im a bad guy eh lol:thumbup:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Try practicing what you preach:

"wake up and try and not to preach" - Father Champ

pj
chgo
champ:
i was just giving him some advice, so he can break his banning streak! i think this was his 5'th profile i have seen banned from him.
I wasn't talking about this time. I was talking about all the times you "preach" about how everybody's wrong and you know all the answers but nobody deserves your pearls of wisdom.

All of which, by the way, is totally deluded.

I speak my mind on a internet message board lol i guess im a bad guy eh lol
If you had any idea how your mind sounds you wouldn't speak it so often.

pj
chgo

champ2107

Banned
I wasn't talking about this time. I was talking about all the times you "preach" about how everybody's wrong and you know all the answers but nobody deserves your pearls of wisdom.

All of which, by the way, is totally deluded.

If you had any idea how your mind sounds you wouldn't speak it so often.

pj
chgo

the world you live in PJ, what color is the sky? your deluded if that post you just made is about me and not about yourself! lol my wisdom is the truth and it comes from experience and not thoughts bouncing off an empty room like yours :)

you seem a little bored pj lol you want me to get a cte thread going? lol AZ is boring if there is no cte debate raging and flaming away, wouldn't you agree? spiderwebcom says he is going to post now when he gets back ;)

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

*kneel down* THANKS GOD!

:thumbup:

Also what PP points out later, that you re just too lazy, if you re not *wanting* to invest the necessary time.....that hit s the nail of course also:).

If you start to practice seriously hard (no matter on what, may it be straightness, stance, eye patterns or whatever), then the most hardest part is to STAY practicing....even if you miss for the first times, days, weeks-- once the hard work will pay back.

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I have no idea when some of these aiming system shooters on here are going to get it. They remind me of two guys I saw at a bar betting on a sports record. After they bet each other the bartender got the Sports Bible from behind the bar and gave them the answer. The guy that was wrong jumped up and said, "That book is wrong." Johnnyt

champ2107

Banned
I have no idea when some of these aiming system shooters on here are going to get it. They remind me of two guys I saw at a bar betting on a sports record. After they bet each other the bartender got the Sports Bible from behind the bar and gave them the answer. The guy that was wrong jumped up and said, "That book is wrong." Johnnyt

this makes no sense to me and is typical of a person that wants tomorrow to be the exact same as today. there is a long list of guys like that on here.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I guess if we don't aim like you then we just don't "get it".

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
THORSTEN: .......Once you start using sidespin, then forget about your aiming system.

..the instant "side" is applied, the natural angle is destroyed.
From Championship Billiards Circa 1889

You might be surprised at how well they already understood these things over 100 years ago.