Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Banned Team Names
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
tenzip
AzB Silver Member
tenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond reputetenzip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Wow. I see a lot of names on that list, where someone would have to explain to me how it was offensive.

I notice they don't have the best team name I heard all year. This was at our city tournament, team name was "Herbie VerSmells".

Got a big cheer when the TD announced it over the PA.

Old
  (#17)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 12:28 PM

It's pretty obvious to me these folks have wayyyyy to much time on their hands. Some I just didn't get the reason for the ban.

Old
  (#18)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 12:29 PM

Now the APA is saying that you can't have team names with sexual connotations what are they going to do next ban all the advertising on TV. This shouldn't surprise me I never thought much of the APA anyway. Next they will start telling the women, that blouse is to low cut you can't wear that.

What next skirts must be worn and they must come to below the knee, or maybe revert back to the middle ages and say no women because they shouldn't be aloud in pool rooms or bars. Stuff like that really gives me the creeps. What next? Penalized points for swearing! Oh my?

Old
  (#19)
TheNewSharkster
AzB Silver Member
TheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Some funny names on the list. I actually knew one of the teams LOL. I can't figure out why 'ROCK OUT WITH CHALK OUT' was banned.

Playing cue: Jack Madden
Profession: Executive VP of BS

Heirloom Billiards- "I am not afraid to say Customers are not always right"

Old
  (#20)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfroze View Post
Now the APA is saying that you can't have team names with sexual connotations what are they going to do next ban all the advertising on TV. This shouldn't surprise me I never thought much of the APA anyway. Next they will start telling the women, that blouse is to low cut you can't wear that.
Jeanette Lee, anyone

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ldhxbll58urg18z

Old
  (#21)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-30-2012, 01:09 PM

Good to see "The Meat" and "Fah Cue" are still available for use.

"The bad artists imitate, the great artists steal." -Pablo Picasso/Banksy
"I've got my own stick, too! I'm a GOOD player." "And your aviator shades make you a pilot & your fedora makes you Frank F_cking Sinatra." -OMGWTF

Old
  (#22)
Shakeysmooth
AzB Silver Member
Shakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond reputeShakeysmooth has a reputation beyond repute

Wink 04-30-2012, 03:11 PM

Some friends submitted "Kill Whitey" for a TAP team, but "corporate" said "Name Not Approved"...so they changed their name to
"Name Not Approved"

Old
  (#23)
Aten
m8
Aten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond reputeAten has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 03:30 PM

not a single team in my league would be allowed to play in the APA with their current names lol

Old
  (#24)
flash5153
none
flash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 06:31 PM

"stroke it" is banned?? What???

What does the announcement sound like at a APA event??

" Good morning everyone" and "have a nice day" is up on table 1.???? LMAO

Old
  (#25)
CreeDo
Captain Fishtastic
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
04-30-2012, 06:43 PM

here's the dumb part. "we don't want to project a low class image or offend the twenty other people in your local league... So let's post every single tacky offensive name on our website so millions of people can be offended and get a bad impression."

I mean, we don't need two hundred examples of unacceptable names, if that's really the point of the list.

Old
  (#26)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member

brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-30-2012, 06:45 PM

Hahaha. I got a kick out of this. My team name was "Off Constantly" in 2011, but it wasn't an APA league. I wonder where they pull the list from. Surely there aren't too many if any other teams with that name.

I had fun with it anyway, lol.

Old
  (#27)
barboxbanks
AzB Silver Member
barboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond reputebarboxbanks has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2012, 06:51 PM

They make a big stink about sexually offensive names but Janette Lee can have her boobies hanging out all over the place in every APA photo... wait I got it! what if you made a Asian sexually based name?? Apparently that is cool bro. Start the list below.

The Black Wildo
Budakake

Ok I give up that's harder than it initially seemed lol..

Player: Benson, Lucasi, Players HXT w/ Kamui soft tips
Breaker: Custom Valley w/ white diamond tip (Yes, a Valley )
Chalk: Longoni

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: