Jimmy "The Hippie" Reid - Update

torlowry

Registered
Hey everybody, this is Tor, Jimmy's friend and webmaster. He wanted to let everyone know that he's still alive and kicking. He also appreciates the well wishes he's received since he's become ill and for all those who have purchased his DVDs.

The latest on Jimmy is that his doctor informed him that his liver is going out. Basically, the doctor told Jimmy that he has about two years left and that he is way too ill for a liver transplant. However, the doctor did say that there is a new drug on the market that can revive the liver. Jimmy agreed to take this new drug and he's been on it now for a couple months. He says the side effects are pretty bad and it does make him sick but he's getting through it. He has a few more weeks on this drug then he'll be off it completely. Once he's off this drug, however, he has another surgery waiting for him for his throat. As many people know, he can no longer swallow which is why he's been on a feeding tube, so he's hoping this surgery will allow him to swallow again.

Through it all Jimmy has maintained his positive outlook and hopes to once again play pool. When I was in Florida earlier this year Jimmy was pretty much confined to his chair but he did manage to get out one time and actually played a little pool! It wore him out but it was great to see the living legend play again! Jimmy swears that once he gets better he's going to play tournaments which would be great for the game. This guy knows more about the game then just about anybody and he's always been willing to share his knowledge with anyone willing to listen.

So that's the latest scoop on Jimmy. His spirits are high but he just needs to get through the next few months of treatments and surgery. If you would like to send him some well wishes you can email him here: jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net

Jimmy's Instructional DVDs are the best in the market and have been for years. A Paypal donation or DVD purchase would go a long way to helping Jimmy get through the next few months! Thanks everyone, Tor

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tell him Jaybird says hi and I'm waiting for him so we can go back on the road. Without Barbara this time! :rolleyes:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got Jimmy's DVDs for Christmas last year. Good stuff!! All the best, Jimmy!!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell Jimmy That I was just back in Gloucester and the old pool hall called Nicks is now an antique store but still has the same old squeaky oak floors! Tell him that Artie Denikas remembers him and wishes him well!
Dan

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everybody, this is Tor, Jimmy's friend and webmaster. He wanted to let everyone know that he's still alive and kicking. He also appreciates the well wishes he's received since he's become ill and for all those who have purchased his DVDs.

The latest on Jimmy is that his doctor informed him that his liver is going out. Basically, the doctor told Jimmy that he has about two years left and that he is way too ill for a liver transplant. However, the doctor did say that there is a new drug on the market that can revive the liver. Jimmy agreed to take this new drug and he's been on it now for a couple months. He says the side effects are pretty bad and it does make him sick but he's getting through it. He has a few more weeks on this drug then he'll be off it completely. Once he's off this drug, however, he has another surgery waiting for him for his throat. As many people know, he can no longer swallow which is why he's been on a feeding tube, so he's hoping this surgery will allow him to swallow again.

Through it all Jimmy has maintained his positive outlook and hopes to once again play pool. When I was in Florida earlier this year Jimmy was pretty much confined to his chair but he did manage to get out one time and actually played a little pool! It wore him out but it was great to see the living legend play again! Jimmy swears that once he gets better he's going to play tournaments which would be great for the game. This guy knows more about the game then just about anybody and he's always been willing to share his knowledge with anyone willing to listen.

So that's the latest scoop on Jimmy. His spirits are high but he just needs to get through the next few months of treatments and surgery. If you would like to send him some well wishes you can email him here: jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net

Jimmy's Instructional DVDs are the best in the market and have been for years. A Paypal donation or DVD purchase would go a long way to helping Jimmy get through the next few months! Thanks everyone, Tor

One of my favorite players on the face of the earth to watch and hang out with is Jimmy. He exudes positivity, and I know this attitude will help him through this ordeal. Hang in there, Jimmy, and know you are loved. I will pray you get through this difficult time soon. :cool:

Attachments

• 2004 US Open Incardona Keith Reid.JPG
    2004 US Open Incardona Keith Reid.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,030

Bluey2King

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never met Jimmy, I did buy the DVD's and I feel that I did get to know him. He is a player I would of loved to hang out with. I learned so much from his DVD's, and I continue to pop them in for a refresher or just to have some time with Jimmy. Jimmy's stories are worth the price alone. If you don't have these Get them!
Jimmy I LOVE you man! My prayers are with you!

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seen Jimmy in action many times....GREAT player and he looked the part too! I am praying for you.

Larissa1968

Registered
All the best to Jimmy

Dear all,
I`m glad I found that forum to find out, how Jimmy is doing!
I know Jimmy from Germany, I was a young girl and there was this great guy, playing pool and hit me off my feet...I left germany with him to the states and we got married in Vegas...a really hot time...I met great pool players and big sympathy for me...everybody was so nice.
Well, after all it didn`t went out sooo good and I went back to germany after a year, but Jimmy was always on my mind and in my heart...for many reasons.
He is a very charming big-hearted person, he took care of me like no one else does! Very generous to everybody...and when we had just 10 bucks left, he made a greater bunch of it or we just had good dinner...it was such a crazy time...! I will never forget!
Dear Jimmy, I hope this message will reach you, I`m with you in every prayer..I thank you for all the wonderful times we shared!....you are a fighter, we all know! Take good care, my dear....
Forever in love :hug:
Larissa

jdxprs

Banned
for anyone looking to learn or just loves watching pool videos, the jimmy reid videos are about the best out there. He makes you feel like you are standing right next to the table with him while he is teaching you.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
My prayers will go out to him and his family. I just got done watching one of his videos on youtube. Great stuff.
God Bless you Jimmy.
Loren

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We spoke to Jimmy a few weeks ago, and he sounded like he was in good spirits. Always thinking ahead, positive outlook on what's next, that's Jimmy. If anybody can make it through this horrible ordeal, it would be Jimmy. Prayers coming his way! :smile:

Attachments

• jimmyreid.JPG
    jimmyreid.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 819

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
All my best wishs are for a recovery............stay strong Jimmy....OTB:smile: