Rare Martinez Szamboti tribute (Peacocks & Propellers & Diamonds)

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
95-99% perfect!

Commissioned by and for John Wright in 95/96. Later became Alex Pagulayans playing cue (awaiting LOA's on both). As close as you can get to a Szam Peacock/Propeller/Exploding diamonds without selling your kid. Ernie got the spec's on these inlays EXACT!!!! He actually used a similar Szam for his specs. With an Elephant ear wrap added for a little more sex appeal!

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As close as you can get to a Szam Peacock/Propeller/Exploding diamonds without selling your kid.

Do you mean to imply I could trade a kid for one? I have several.....

OK...just kidding....sort of...:embarrassed2:

Nice cue.... :smile:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mean to imply I could trade a kid for one? I have several.....

OK...just kidding....sort of...:embarrassed2:

Nice cue.... :smile:

LOL, I dont have kids.....yet.....perhaps I should pass on that idea....:confused: I really like my cues, I dont think I'd trade a cue for a kid. a kid for a good Szam-anyday.....please dont tell Kelly I said that.:eek:

Great post,

Nice cue too, Gus was the man and its cool to see tribute cues of this quality being built. Timeless.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Get the kids to bed, put out the dog, and turn down the lights, because that cue is dead-sexy!!! :smile:

Very very classy cue!!!

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love this cue, I've seen it in the 3rd Blue Book and always wondered about it. Ernie has talked to me about this cue, he still has the pantograph inlay templates, and offered to build me a Szam tribute of my own. I've not taken him up on it because I like him to make his own designs, but seeing this cue is getting me re-interested in the idea. What a fantastic cue!!! If you ever wish to trade or sell it, let me know...

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's one of the sweetest Szam tributes I've ever seen and you know it'll play great coming from Ernie.

Thanks for the pics and for sharing where that cue ended up.

Kevin

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love this cue, I've seen it in the 3rd Blue Book and always wondered about it. Ernie has talked to me about this cue, he still has the pantograph inlay templates, and offered to build me a Szam tribute of my own. I've not taken him up on it because I like him to make his own designs, but seeing this cue is getting me re-interested in the idea. What a fantastic cue!!! If you ever wish to trade or sell it, let me know...

If I had the money I would have Ernie build me a Lucasi tribute cue.
How about that for a rare one?
It is a great looking cue. And being built my Ernie you can bet it plays jam up.

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had the money I would have Ernie build me a Lucasi tribute cue.
How about that for a rare one?
It is a great looking cue. And being built my Ernie you can bet it plays jam up.

You should have Lucasi build you a Martinez tribute.

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
dont think you'll need a LOA on alex owning the cue. I've seen it with him a buncha times and he offered to sell it to me last year in Toronto. it didnt have that wrap tho...it had a linen wrap at the time.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
dont think you'll need a LOA on alex owning the cue. I've seen it with him a buncha times and he offered to sell it to me last year in Toronto. it didnt have that wrap tho...it had a linen wrap at the time.

Very good to know. Any idea of how I can get in touch with him???

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
I can't give you his number but he's been at shooters in Toronto the last 2 weeks he's still there and will be there until the Canadian championships end so at least June 16th.