Schon Mosconi Balabushka Tribute

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Available Once Again

Love at first sight? For your consideration/admiration/purchase.

Made by Schon, through the efforts of Dean Campbell (AZ's deanoc). Loaded up the kazoo with ivory diamonds, abalone and wood inlays, 3 Bushka rings with 4 pronges bordered by black, orange, green and natural veneers! Smooth as glass, and the Cortland-like wrap is incredible. Sets off the colors in the butt and points brilliantly. Two 13.00 shafts, one ivory ferruled shaft (Schon1) and one non-ivory ferrule shaft (Schon).

I'm putting this one (unhit and unchalked) up for sale. If you missed out on Dean's offer, here's your opportunity to get in with hardly any premium. $1450 shipped & insured (PayPal fees are on you). Shipped in a 1X2 brand new case. Trades/offers considered.

Attachments

• DSC_0192.jpg
    DSC_0192.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3,947
  • DSC_0198.jpg
    DSC_0198.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3,961
  • DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,048
  • DSC_0200.jpg
    DSC_0200.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,900
Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
good pictures
beautiful cues

i am surprised to see it for sale so soon

if i hadn't done the same thing many times i would be scratching my head

dr foot is a very nice person to work with
so proceed with confidence

cuesrus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Man, if it was not for those rounded points, I would have snatched up all of these tributes! The rest of the cue is damn sharp...

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
"Its funny to hear how some people like or don't like schon points

The largest Balabushka collector in the world loved the schon

No one minds these points when they buy a Gina cue or Joss west"

The quote is from AZ Cue Gallery section, written by Deanoc, who brought the idea for this cue to Schon. Like they say, "different strokes" (Pun intended) !!

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Dean

I think you may be right. If I don't get any interest, I'll chalk up this beauty and see how she plays, although knowing Schon, I'm sure it hits a ton.

Don

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Still unchalked and unhit. Waiting for a new home. A show stopper!
Willing to listen to offers. Bring 'em!

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Schon Mosconi Balanushka Tribute

Deanoc told me to put the Boar down and play this one! Just might do it if I don't get any offers.

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Had some interest, but no firm offers. Still a virgin!!! Like my last girlfriend..........sexy and available.

Soulweb

One-Ball Champ
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I own this tribute and the first one. Both cues that I own play lights out. I had plans on getting the second one and selling the one I liked least. For now I'm keeping both. :)

The butt is particularly pretty in this one. It's hard to tell, but the vertical lines that separate the diamonds on the butt are actually (as far as I can tell) strips of figured maple. Just a gorgeous design. Just like the first one, this cue has gained a considerable amount of respect amongst the few people that have seen it since I have owned it.

All I can say is it's another beautiful cue from Schon. The first tribute was my first Schon ever. Since purchasing that one I have taken a great interest in Schon cues in general. I have looked around at all the various models out there. Some with crazy modern designs (I LOVE that Halloween cue), some with traditional designs. But for my money, even though these may not be the most ornate cues Schon has made, they are by far the prettiest from a classical sense. The first tribute has seen a small number of really great players who have shot with it and then offered me money. lol I expect that when the second tribute gets out more it will illicit the same response.

A great cue even with the seller's premium added to it. The points...meh. So many people scoff at the rounded points and I don't understand it. if you want a Balabushka clone in appearance only, there are dozens of cues to pick from available from many different makers...both production and custom. I happen to love it, gives it a slightly modernized a.k.a. "tribute" look to it, versus a simple run of the mill clone that everybody makes from time to time.

Good luck with the sale...someone will be very happy.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
the bushka tribute i officially sold out
one is pending payment

so if you want to buy one now
its the aftermarket for sure

and this one here is brand new

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Only 6 of these cues were made with a linen wrap, which is the Blue Mountain Irish linen used by Gus Szamboti and others when it was still being made. One of six, and probably the only one still brand new, unhit and unplayed!!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I Believe The 3rd Tribute Cue Series Actually Has 8 Cues

The 3rd cue in Schon's Tribute Cue series actually had eight (8) cues rather than six (6). The 2nd Tribute (Hoppe) Cue had a few more cues than the Mosconi Tribute series. And Schon's 1st Tribute Cue, released in early February, had the fewest number of cues at only seven (7).

In any event, there's basically only a handful of these cues in any of Schon's Tribute Cue projects that Deanoc has spearheaded with Evan Clarke. All of Schon's Tribute cues have turned out to be beautiful pool cues and both Evan Clarke and Deanoc deserve a round of applause.

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Schon Mosconi Balabushks tribute

According to deanon, 14 of the Mosconi tributes were produced. I believe that
of those, 8 were done with a leather wrap and 6 with linen. Unless deanoc has misinformed me, I believe my post was factually accurate! Thanks for the input.

Don

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You Explanation Helps Clarify the Cue Count

As one of the Mosconi cue owners, you are undoubtedly closer to the subject than me. I recall that there were 8 cues in the Mosconi Tribute Series and considered ordering one but did not. I was unaware that there were two group styles for these Mosconi Tribute cues with different wraps. My impression was just a few of the eight cues I earlier referred may have been ordered with leather wraps.

Indeed, your explanation clarifies my misunderstanding of the actual cue count. Nonetheless, there aren't many of these Mosconi Tribute cues of either version and there won't be any more made by Schon. Deanoc has done a superb job of making sure the actual number of tribute cues produced will be a very finite, small number.

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks for your correction post. I'd hate to have people misinformed about the total number of these cues produced by Schon, as smaller runs make each cue more valuable. I chose the linen because of its feel and "look", but as only 6 were made, it will insure their rarity into the future.

MrSchon9

once a month banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Very nice cue, I guess I'm one of the few who think Schon cues play as good as any cue made and I have tried alot of customs so it's not like I have not tried to find that perfect cue :-}

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
****** 4Th of July Deal ********

Independence day us the last day this beauty will see daylight. Going deep into the closet for safekeeping if there is no interest. I'll consider a reasonable offer on this BushkaSend tribute which is still a virgin. Happy 4th to all!