Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cue ID: 2 older one-piece cues..4 pointer and 2 point butterfly splice

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Cue ID: 2 older one-piece cues..4 pointer and 2 point butterfly splice
Old
  (#1)
thubosky
AzB Silver Member
thubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Cue ID: 2 older one-piece cues..4 pointer and 2 point butterfly splice - 08-27-2012, 02:15 PM

Just like the title says. I need help finding the value and possibly maker of these old one piece cues. One is a 4 pointer and the other is a 2 point butterfly splice. Came from a fellow resident of my town that also owned a table that he sold to Joe Balsis, from Minersville, PA, many years back and I believe he said Joe would shoot around with these cues.

One problem though, I can't get the pictures to load so I would ask kindly if I can email them to someone and then they post them? Thanks,
Tim

Pics
Old
  (#2)
Poolhalljunkie
AzB Silver Member
Poolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond reputePoolhalljunkie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 19350
  Send a message via MSN to Poolhalljunkie  
Pics - 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM

playing cue: Tascarella
tip: Morri
Break cue: Hanshew J/B Jim Aldren J/B
case: J&J 4X8
Other Cues, 1977 Schick, 1980 Schick, Deano Cue, Ebony Titlist. On Order, Hanshew, Robertson Titlist conversion. Southwest X2 ordered 2004.

Last edited by Poolhalljunkie; 08-28-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Old
  (#3)
thubosky
AzB Silver Member
thubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond reputethubosky has a reputation beyond repute

08-28-2012, 06:17 AM

Bumping for new pictures!

Old
  (#4)
TATE
The Nipomo Nightmare
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-28-2012, 06:27 AM

They both look like Brunswicks. The one with the butterfly points is probably a Brunswick Keen Shot from around 1940. That's about when they moved the weight stamp to the forearm.

http://www.palmercollector.com/Bruns...39_page_12.jpg

Is there a weight stamp on the other cue? Look closely for it in the butt area - they're hard to see.

Also, what is the length of the cues?

These are not worth a lot - they were house cues and are pretty common as far as old cues go.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 08-28-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Old
  (#5)
JAlan
Emperor of the North
JAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

08-28-2012, 06:40 AM

If I had to guess, I would say the butterfly cue might be a Katz cue. I believe they were out of New York if memory serves, they made a lot of house cues back in the day. I've got a lot of their old house cues and the work looks similar to that one as well as the weight stamp looks like the exact same dies they used. I've never seen a butterfly though that was for sure made by them...so I may be wrong, and I believe they always used black ferrules but of course those could have been changed at some point.

The four point cue looks like a lower quality cue, not sure on that one....

Wish I could be more help!

Every once in a while the lion has to show the jackals who he is.

Last edited by JAlan; 08-28-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Old
  (#6)
TheNewSharkster
AzB Silver Member
TheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond repute

08-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Looks like you already have these posted so I wont bother

Playing cue: Jack Madden
Profession: Executive VP of BS

Heirloom Billiards- "I am not afraid to say Customers are not always right"

Old
  (#7)
thubosky
AzB Silver Member

08-28-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
They both look like Brunswicks. The one with the butterfly points is probably a Brunswick Keen Shot from around 1940. That's about when they moved the weight stamp to the forearm.

http://www.palmercollector.com/Bruns...39_page_12.jpg

Is there a weight stamp on the other cue? Look closely for it in the butt area - they're hard to see.

Also, what is the length of the cues?

These are not worth a lot - they were house cues and are pretty common as far as old cues go.

The butterfly is 57 1/4 inches and the other is 55 1/4. The one has a super small hole in the bottom and the other doesn't. So it's possible one has a bumper, but I don't think the other could have had a bumper. They both look like baseball bats on the bottom and I don't believe either had a rubber bumper. Not sure of that can help distinguish them?

Old
  (#8)
TATE
The Nipomo Nightmare
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-28-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thubosky View Post
The butterfly is 57 1/4 inches and the other is 55 1/4. The one has a super small hole in the bottom and the other doesn't. So it's possible one has a bumper, but I don't think the other could have had a bumper. They both look like baseball bats on the bottom and I don't believe either had a rubber bumper. Not sure of that can help distinguish them?
The 55 inch cue could be an old billiard cue. Generally bumperless cues are older. Both points look like Brunswick to me - can't see even the remnants of a circle logo on the butt? Sometimes you have to hold them to the lights and look for the edges where the decal was.

The weight stamp is Brunswick's style.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#9)
thubosky
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2012, 06:14 PM

I guess they aren't worth big bucks?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: