FS: Barnhart BEM merry widow with fancy ringwork

slim234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was this cue repaired, i've never seen barnhart use to different styles of rings on the same cue?

Last edited:

The Clever Set

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
No, Cory has often used the fancy ringwork like this. You just haven't seen enough Barnharts. And really, wouldn't it be kind of difficult to put that fancy ringwork at the joint?

Was this cue repaired, i've never seen barnhart use to different styles of rings on the same cue?

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0

Other than his "basic" cues with the simple silver dots at all positions, pretty much all relatively recent Barnhart cues have different rings at A/B than at C/D/E. Cory has standardized his joint at 0.840", black collar w/20 silver dots. That way, he has been able to build batches of shafts and any of those shafts may be interchanged with the others. They are hand inlaid on each shaft and joint collar, not prebuilt in any manner. Then, he uses a variety of rings, based on what his vision of the cue is to be.

Joe

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
Thanks, Joe. I'll take some good pics this weekend and I don't expect this to last long after I post them.
Keep me in mind if Cory offers you anything wrapless and/or a spare shaft! I'm keeping the bacote cue and will replace this with another Barnhart at some point.
Karl

KCRack'em

Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
Pictures!

More pictures on page 2!

Attachments

• BEM_1www.jpg
    BEM_1www.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,190
Last edited:

KCRack'em

Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
More pictures!

Attachments

• BEM_2www.jpg
    BEM_2www.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 607
  • BEM_3www.jpg
    BEM_3www.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 626
  • BEM_4www.jpg
    BEM_4www.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 613

KCRack'em

Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
Bump ... getting close to keeping it, but it is available as of right now.

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
sent a pm to you, tyvm
james

James,
I know that you have been looking for a Barnhart...this one from Karl is very special. I picked it up from Cory and sold it to Karl. It has the upgraded ringwork at C/D/E and a cork wrap that is super...Cory does a great wrap. You would be very happy if you could acquire this cue from Karl.
Joe