Celebrities who play pool

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Another thread has come up with excellent choices of pool players for a "Billiards with the Stars" TV show.

Now we need the "stars."

I don't know of any, but I think the following would be cool.

Sports:
LeBron James, Michael Jordan, etc.
Bret Farve, Aaron Rogers,
Tiger Woods, Phil Michelson (John Schmidt must know of some top golfers who play pool)

Music:
Bono, Bruce Springstein,
Lady Gaga, Adele

Movies:
Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, Keanu Reeves, Johnny Depp

Clearly, I don't keep up with pop culture...so maybe you have some better ideas -- share 'em.

Someone in Hollywood must know who the pool players are.

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the people that appear on the "with the stars" shows are usually nobodies (bristol palin, oprah's next door neighbor...) or has beens that are 2 steps away from giving $5 BJ's in dark alleys. I don't think anyone of the names on your list so far are anywhere near that demographic at this point. I would even go as far as to say that you have some of the richest athletes and entertainers in the world on there.

But if you could get the half billion dollars you'd need to pay for that lineup to show up, i'd surely watch them bang balls around...lol

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the new issue of Coastal Living magazine, top-selling novelist James Patterson mentions that he loves pool. He has a 9' table in his FL home, and says that he and his wife play at least a couple of times a week. He certainly qualifies as a celebrity.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

wambamcam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thread has come up with excellent choices of pool players for a "Billiards with the Stars" TV show.

Now we need the "stars."

I don't know of any, but I think the following would be cool.

Sports:
LeBron James, Michael Jordan, etc.
Bret Farve, Aaron Rogers,
Tiger Woods, Phil Michelson (John Schmidt must know of some top golfers who play pool)

Music:
Bono, Bruce Springstein,
Lady Gaga, Adele

Movies:
Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, Keanu Reeves, Johnny Depp

Clearly, I don't keep up with pop culture...so maybe you have some better ideas -- share 'em.

Someone in Hollywood must know who the pool players are.

LOL, that's some serious A-listers there and none of them would be caught dead on a reality show...

Might as well request a exhibition match between Jesus and Muhamed while you're at it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Keith McCready was younger, he remembers the Billiards Den. At the Billiards Den, Keifer Sutherland staked Morro Paez against Kim Davenport playing 9-ball. Some other celebrities who frequented Billiards Den were Greg Morris from "Mission Impossible," Peter Falk, Richard Pryor, Kevin Dodson, and Mickey Dolan from The Monkees.

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck play pool. I have always thought that if Matt Damon could make a pool movie like he did with poker in "Rounders," pool would get a boost like it did in '86 with TCOM.

Attachments

• rounders-ilfilm_display_image.jpg
    rounders-ilfilm_display_image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,853
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
President Obama plays pool, and we've all seen the photos on this forum previously.

Michael Jordan has been known to hit a few balls! :)

Attachments

• michael_jordan.jpg
    michael_jordan.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,135

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prince Charles play spool, and I hear one of his sons enjoys a little friendly game of strip pool from time to time. :grin-square:

Attachments

• prince.jpg
    prince.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,834

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones is definitely a pocket billiards nut. He was very good friends with Alex Higgins, the snooker icon who passed away in 2010.

Attachments

• keithrichards350.jpg
    keithrichards350.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,586

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mars Callahan of Pool Junkies fame plays pool. Here's a cute link of him playing Max at Hollywood Billiards ---> HERE.

Attachments

• mars_callahan.jpg
    mars_callahan.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 3,612

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The late Amy Winehouse used to hit balls to relax.

Are those Elephant balls? :confused:

Attachments

• amy_winehouse.jpg
    amy_winehouse.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,997

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddy Mercury, lead vocalist for Queen, played snooker. Here's a sample of his music ---> HERE.

Attachments

• freddie_mercury.jpg
    freddie_mercury.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 4,167
Last edited:

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Fred Astair. He even took lessions from Eddy Kelly.
W.C. Fields. Mark Twain.
and of course Jackie Gleason.
May they all R.I.P. :sorry:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Silly me, when I started to look at this post I thought it was Celebrities That Play Pool, not celebrities that a game of pool.

What I mean is there is a big difference between playing pool, and Playing Pool. Joe Rogan, he Plays Pool, Amy Whinehouse (spelling), pley a game of pool.

Big, very Big difference.

I would interested in a list of the ones who take the game seriously, and don't just have so much money they can buy a table and have a billiard room in one or more of their homes (for that, just watch MTV Cribs, they all "Play Pool")...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Silly me, when I started to look at this post I thought it was Celebrities That Play Pool, not celebrities that a game of pool.

What I mean is there is a big difference between playing pool, and Playing Pool. Joe Rogan, he Plays Pool, Amy Whinehouse (spelling), pley a game of pool.

Big, very Big difference.

I would interested in a list of the ones who take the game seriously, and don't just have so much money they can buy a table and have a billiard room in one or more of their homes (for that, just watch MTV Cribs, they all "Play Pool")...

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck take the game seriously, as to Mars Callahan and Keith Richards.

Do they compete in tournaments? No. They do, however, play pool often, know how to play, and enjoy the game whenever they can.

President Obama also plays pool and enjoys the game. Does he go out on the tournament trail? No.