*** Rare Vintage Harry Sims pool/billiard cue FOR SALE ***

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
A friend of mine who has been ill for quite some time called me up and asked me to try and sell his Harry Sims, (circa 1975) pool/billiard cue for him.

Harry Sims was a 2x National Champion in 3 Cushion billiards, he also was a table mechanic/cue maker and room owner in St.Louis, MO. of Airport Billiards. He passed away 7-8 years ago.

The cue is a 4 ebony point cue with a beautiful over a 35 yr. golden patina.
The wrap is black Irish Linen, the thread of the screw 18.
The length is 58 1/2", the weight is 19.5 oz.
The butt is 291/2" in. length, the shaft is 29 in., the tip is an, Elk Master 13.2 and is VERY GOOD grain.
The cue is PERFECTLY straight.

100_4725.jpg

100_4726.jpg

100_4727.jpg

100_4728.jpg

This cue is perfect for the pool player that is looking to try his hand at 3 cushion billiards, The shaft has a STIFF taper, but NOT conic as in normal biliard shafts, the shaft on this cue would make the transition to a 3C shaft much easier.

The price of the cue is, $125.00 USD OBO, plus $12.95 S&H CONTUS.

To purchase, go to PAY PAL, select the SEND MONEY button. SEND payment to my Email address: mr3cushion@live.com

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Harry Simms was a personal friend of mine. Harry is sadly missed. Both an excellent world class billiard player and cue maker. Harry once told me how many cues he had made and it was literally in the thousands.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Harry Simms was a personal friend of mine. Harry is sadly missed. Both an excellent world class billiard player and cue maker. Harry once told me how many cues he had made and it was literally in the thousands.

He was one of the good guys, he learned his billiards around Decatur, IL. from a very good player from the 40's and 50's, Joe McDevitt. He played right under Joe Procita, I knew both Joe's, Joe McD enjoyed watching me compete around the Central Il. area, my longtime friend and rival was George Ashby. Harry's game didn't come to view until he moved to San Jose, CA. where he worked as a counterman at California Billiards for Ed Krieger.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com