Old
  (#76)
bdcues
AzB Gold Member
bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
Depending on what time of the year it is, I oscillate back and forth between pool and guns.

Whitetail, turkey, quail and dove season and in full bloom right now in Texas, so this time of year, I give up the pool cue.

Regular hunting season in Texas is normally from November 1st until the middle of January or about 2 1/2 months. Fortunately, our ranch is part of a land management program through the State so one of its benefits is an extended season from Oct. 1st through Feb. 28th or five months.

If it weren't for pool league starting around Jan. 15th, I wouldn't knock the dust off my pool case again until sometime in March.

Stones< spent the morning cleaning rifles and handguns. Headed back to the ranch the day after Christmas.
TT would just chase them down and kill them with the knife that his Lords have told him he can have. So good of him to obey their commands.

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#77)
DelaWho???
Banger McCue
DelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThaiger View Post
It's a hypothetical question. There's no need for "rationale".
You have my answer then.

Neither.

Cues: McDermott D16 BILL000,M64D,BL03
Break: Bacote Jerico Stinger with I1 BigBoy
League: APA: Masters

Old
  (#78)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcues View Post
TT would just chase them down and kill them with the knife that his Lords have told him he can have. So good of him to obey their commands.
Human beings managed to feed themselves quite well for millions of years before the gun, and could do so again with relative ease.

But this is a question of recreation...

Restraint? I AM showing restraint!

Old
  (#79)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 01:06 PM

Yet, Switerzerland has 10 more guns than the UK, and almost half of the US, yet it's murder rate is below that of the UK.

So, guns don't really add to the murder rate. It appears the Swiss, by never banning weapons, and providing the correct training, and knowledge, have used it successfully for generatons.

Huh, imagine that..... well played Swiss dudes

Old
  (#80)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Human beings managed to feed themselves quite well for millions of years before the gun, and could do so again with relative ease.

As did nations, so tell your Queen to lay down her arms at once so you can feel safe and secure. You can pick up a rock or a stick, just like your forefathers before you and fight to save the queen.......

Old
  (#81)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
As did nations, so tell your Queen to lay down her arms at once so you can feel safe and secure. You can pick up a rock or a stick, just like your forefathers before you and fight to save the queen.......
Yesss...

Anyway, did you give an answer to my harmless, hypothetical question? I've lost track a bit...

Old
  (#82)
bdcues
AzB Gold Member
bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Yes, the gun was a pretty useless invention wasn't it. Have you noticed that the mass killing tend to take place where guns are banned?

"A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.

A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.

A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.

A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.

A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.

A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.

A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.

At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ...

Of course, you probably didn't know any of this because mainstream media doesn't find it worth reporting. It's not sensational enough and doesn't fit with their agenda.

What's insane is people who think removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe."

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#83)
ChopStick
Undead Poster

ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Human beings managed to murder themselves quite well for millions of years before the gun, and could do so again with relative ease.

Assigning the ills of society to an inanimate object is absurd. If you think it is so easy to feed yourself, why don't you sharpen a stick, head to the woods and see what you come home with.

Old
  (#84)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2012, 03:42 PM

if somebody kicks in your back door, what good is that Szamboti in your hands? i'd rather use a house cue and be alive.

Old
  (#85)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

12-24-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Yesss...

Anyway, did you give an answer to my harmless, hypothetical question? I've lost track a bit...
Yes, I did. I advised if crime was non existent, I would prefer my cues due to the beauty of them... My choice of weapon is a very sterile and cold lookig tool "Glock" ... I only traget shot a few times a year. But I shoot pool a few times a week....

Old
  (#86)
cueman
AzB Gold Member
cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-24-2012, 10:04 PM

I would have to say my love of pool is much greater than my affection for my guns. So since you say I am safe in this imaginary world you created, without really needing a gun, I would give up my guns instead of my cues. I like playing pool a lot and have not hunted much, so it is a no brainer. But since in reality we do not live in that safe world you described, and the need to hunt may be become a neccessity one day, I am glad I do not have to make that choice.

Old
  (#87)
gunzby
My light saber is LD
gunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 17375

12-24-2012, 11:33 PM

I like going out shooting, but I love pool. I would most certainly give up guns before cues. Pool is my only recreation right now and not only because it's the only one I have time for. It is also because it's still the only one I want to make time for.

Yes my custom cue also doubles as a light saber. You might say that it shoots lights out. You are now activated Agent 92395. Obtain the funds from Goldman Sachs and deposit into my Swiss account. This message will make you shit your pants in 5 seconds. Sev found it first.

Old
  (#88)
Maestro
In the Zone...
Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, the gun was a pretty useless invention wasn't it. Have you noticed that the mass killing tend to take place where guns are banned?

"A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.

• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.

• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.

• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.

• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.

• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.

• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.

• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ...

Of course, you probably didn't know any of this because mainstream media doesn't find it worth reporting. It's not sensational enough and doesn't fit with their agenda.

What's insane is people who think removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe."

And now the criminals can come and rob the homes of law abiding people of the legal guns and use them with the help of public records and the news media against more of our children thus further disarming the victims and vilifying the people from whom they stole the guns.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

Google maps will in fact even show the house photograph in some cases to make this much more convenient for the break ins. Charming....

I predict harassment and threats by neighbors and other people in the region of the listed individuals and a backlash at the newspaper with the aid of class action. The implied targeting of these people is obvious.

Last edited by Maestro; 12-25-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Old
  (#89)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing

12-25-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yes, I did. I advised if crime was non existent, I would prefer my cues due to the beauty of them... My choice of weapon is a very sterile and cold lookig tool "Glock" ... I only traget shot a few times a year. But I shoot pool a few times a week....
You'd give up your guns, then. Phew, we have an answer!

Old
  (#90)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing

12-25-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Not really, since they're banned in my country and mass killings are rare here.

Anyway... did you answer the question?

Page 6 of 9 « First 456 78 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: