bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i posted this in the billiard section
maybe one of us "system" pool guys(like me for kicks) can help me out
pms ok
if you rather keep it private
does any one know of systemm if the cue ball is on the long rail and you want to hit an object ball on the opposite long rail how would you calculate that??
or to make it a billiard situation if you hit can hit long rail point you will tiki off an object ball
hit the rail again hit another object ball to make a 3 cushion point
im familiar with the sid system but for that the cue ball is coming from the short rail.
since billiard players are known for knowing diamond systems i chose to ask here
mr3cushion has a system in his book which he graciously went over with
me
looking for any other methods
thanks in advance

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would someone choose to keep it private? Does anyone here really take it that seriously?

Last edited:

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry, extend the sid system past the pocket on the foot rail (by foot rail I mean the rail oposite the one you hit with the cue ball.
Mark

Rhale100

DILLIGAF ?
Silver Member
The Corner 5 System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4dv9ekF3FY

images

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mark (pool101)and geoenvi
these pictures are from banking with the beard

bb3.jpg
these pictures are from banking with the beard
bb2.jpg

bb4.jpg
you can see if you put the cue ball on track 6
and want to pocket a ball at the side pocket (object ball #3 in the sid system)
6x3 =18
if you hit 18 you are a diamond short
??????

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look again I think it is

in tors video he gives diamond numbers up the long rail and the formula to get to the corner or along the short rail adjacent to the corner you are banking into
he does not give a formula to hit a point above the corner
if he does tell me at what time in the video and ill look again

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Long rail objectball #at diamonds 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5
Foot rail diamonds are multiples of the Object ball #.
The rail you are shooting into is in 10s.
Re watch the 202 dvd it is in there.
Mark

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Larry,
One system you can try is the same two rail system many 9ball players use. It is the old parallel system. Split the distance between the cue ball and the ball you wish to hit. Take that point and aim towards a corner most conducive to the shot and parallel to the cue ball. Shoot with a dead center ball hit. Trying to hit balls which are very close to opposite rails are usually pretty easy to hit with this system.

With this two rail system if the ball you wish to hit is a long way from the second cushion you may need a touch of running english to hold the line. These shots have a tendency to run long of the target ball without it.

Tom

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mark
object ball is at side pocket =3

cue ball is at diamond 5.25 in freddys picture
this extends to diamond 6 if you go past 4 on the short rail
i hope you are following me

so 6x3 =18 would be your aiming point
if you hit 18 from cue ball position 5.25 in freddys picture you wont get to the side pocket
unless im calculating something wrong

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One can use any "system" out there, but it is still only a starting point. Actual results will be solely dependant upon speed and spin of the stroke. Accurate kicking depends on lots of trial and error, coupled with an accurate and repeatable stroke.

Larry...Are you just trying to make a legal hit on the OB, or are you actually trying to pocket it (is it the OB featured in the Beard's drawing)?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I follow you, I went out and measured over 2 more diamonds past the end of the short (Foot) rail and I come up with the line goes through the side pocket too the 18 on the rail you are shooting into.
http://www.teachmepool.com/sid%20system.jpg
Freddy's end rail is # different than the way I showed it..
mark
object ball is at side pocket =3

cue ball is at diamond 5.25 in freddys picture
this extends to diamond 6 if you go past 4 on the short rail
i hope you are following me

so 6x3 =18 would be your aiming point
if you hit 18 from cue ball position 5.25 in freddys picture you wont get to the side pocket
unless im calculating something wrong

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Larry,
One system you can try is the same two rail system many 9ball players use. It is the old parallel system. Split the distance between the cue ball and the ball you wish to hit. Take that point and aim towards a corner most conducive to the shot and parallel to the cue ball. Shoot with a dead center ball hit. Trying to hit balls which are very close to opposite rails are usually pretty easy to hit with this system.

With this two rail system if the ball you wish to hit is a long way from the second cushion you may need a touch of running english to hold the line. These shots have a tendency to run long of the target ball without it.

Tom

Tom
thanks for the rep[ly
ill try that

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One can use any "system" out there, but it is still only a starting point. Actual results will be solely dependant upon speed and spin of the stroke. Accurate kicking depends on lots of trial and error, coupled with an accurate and repeatable stroke.

Larry...Are you just trying to make a legal hit on the OB, or are you actually trying to pocket it (is it the OB featured in the Beard's drawing)?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

scott
im trying to make a hit although i planned to cut a ball in the side pocket the other day by finding where on the rail the cue ball would have to go to to take the place of the ghost ball
than with a kiccking system I MADE THE CUT YAHOO :grin:

the cue ball /object balls are as i described
not as seen in the picture