The TSA is Planning to Relax Knife Prohibition on Planes

Luther Blissett

on the clapham omnibus
Silver Member
Cool. Now we have knife vs. cue fights on planes.

Normally my money would be on the guy with the cue, but if room to swing is restricted in the isles, knife guy might have the upper hand.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I read the report and I'm still not clear what types of knives you'll be able to carry on, but I'm surprised they would relax that regardless. 9/11 was committed with box cutters after all. Regardless of that the pool cue thing is great news for all of us. However, it shouldn't go without saying that the rule banning them from being carryon items in the first place is one of the stupidest rules ever created.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Once there in the cabin, where do they go. I can't see them under the seat or in the overheads. Will the attendants put them in a closet or storage area?.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now we need first hand reports cues are allowed. Lol.

Everything in the knife section made sense to me except the molded handles. Anything that's plastic is molded, including the knives on their allowed list.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
It seems common sense has prevailed. BTW, how much have you spent over the years sending your cues?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, that pool cue they used for the picture looks not even up to Sears standards. lol. Maybe its Walmart.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Normally my money would be on the guy with the cue, but if room to swing is restricted in the isles, knife guy might have the upper hand.

Well, if you have a Poison cue with that sharpened-tip quick-release pin, my money's on the cue guy.

"Order your Pike!"
"Advance your Pike!"
"Charge your Pike!"
"Low port your Pike!"

...well, it's not exactly as long as a pike, but a medium-range stabbing weapon nonetheless...

attachment.php

-Sean

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Pool player wins hands down against a knifer.....
.....they can overcut anything

Reactions: TSW

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I just saw the news on TV! I travel on business (writing this from hotel room) and often bring my cues. Instantly jumped up and did my happy dance!

No more special handling. No more praying to the big guy that my cue will be next out. No more thinking about what some Monkey is doing to my case. No more cold storage.

WICKED!

Nick

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Its about time for common sense.
I flew back from Edmonton Alb from a pool tournament this month.
On the way up, I packed my shaving kit in with my pool cue travel case.

On the way back, I packed the kit in my carry on.

As I was going thru security, a big black guy leaned over the counter and hissed in my face. " Do you have anything over 100 mils in there?"

Apparently, I got a blank look on my face, cause he stuck his face in mine again and hissed, "you seem uncertain."

I said, " Of course I am uncertain. When I am buying men's grooming products, I am not in the habit of looking at the size, only the brand that I buy."

So, my bottle of Head Slick, which I use for shaving my head was over 100 mils so he took it out. I said, "it may be over 100 mils when its full, but its half full so its under."

So he confiscated it and threw it in a box. After I went thru the scanner, I asked the head guy if I could have that bottle back as it is hard to find.

He said no, its going to the food bank. No s hit, he really said that.
What, is someone going to eat it.

So, I reached in my pocket and pulled out a package of matches and told him that he had missed this one. And I actually thru it at him.

So, I left the scene leaving them with the choice words of FKing CSers. Yes, I was hot.

So, short story long, we have those bone heads up here in Canada as well.
They have a patch on their Rent A Cop sleeve.

We are just so lucky that we don't give these guys 9 mm to strap to their hip.

Last edited: