New-to-me Zinzola: My first high-end cue

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
I just completed a transaction with Double-Dave for Tony Zinzola's cue #55:

dsc0017zu_zpse84108e5.jpg

This is my first, so-called, high-end cue.

Its playing characteristics are top-notch. There is, practically, zero resonance making the hit very solid. As such, the cue transmits a remarkable quality of feedback from my stroke. This is my first piloted radial joint, so I'm wondering how that contributes to the hit. Also, the shaft I spent time hitting with is one of the 4.25oz shafts. Very dense. That is probably a big contributor to the hit.

The fit and finish are simply beyond comparison to anything else I've ever owned (or may ever own - depends on whether my number with Joel H. ever comes up). The design is beautiful. The contrasting black paper veneers really make the colored veneers pop. The inlays are flawless and incredibly fine (how do those guys do that???) The wrap is perfectly executed.

All-in-all, a wonderful piece of functional art. I look forward to playing with it this week in competition.

I may try to get some of my own pictures (I snagged these from Dave's FS thread), but you could always look on Tony's own gallery to see some additional pics. It's worth the look. He has some fine cues on there.

Last edited:

jnbrazilian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ur zinzola

I've seen that cue in person at tonys shop I loved it but I have two on order one for me and one for my wife but I already own two cue 60 and cue 140 and ill tell ya I they both play awesome cue 60 is my everyday player I have a few others that I pull out and play with but cue 60 still is always in my case and I have not ever played with it its my number one and also tony is a great guy to deal with I love his cues and the way they play. From jay. Sorry for such a long post

Junior1228

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does a piloted radial pin joint compare to a regular piloted joint? I've seen a few and have been wondering. I'm a big fan of piloted ivory joints but I am considering one like this for my next cue.

Awesome cue you pick up. I really like all the inlays.

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
How does a piloted radial pin joint compare to a regular piloted joint? I've seen a few and have been wondering. I'm a big fan of piloted ivory joints but I am considering one like this for my next cue.

Awesome cue you pick up. I really like all the inlays.

All the piloted joints I have owned have been 5/16" pins. All the 3/8" pins I have owned have been flat-faced. So, I don't really know yet. I haven't had enough time to really play with it. And I'm not sure, beyond the characteristics I've already mentioned, that I'll be able to discriminate between the two.

It's entirely possible that the qualities I mentioned are due to the dense shaft, or even the 1/2-length ferrules... There's so many variables that go in to how a cue feels.

dexros

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very beautiful weapon!

Playing Cue: Ariel Carmeli
Break Cue: Predator BK2
Jump Cue: Jacoby
Extension: Longoni
Case: Predator Blak 4x8

dexros

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brand new? How much was it?

Playing Cue: Ariel Carmeli
Break Cue: Predator BK2
Jump Cue: Jacoby
Extension: Longoni
Case: Predator Blak 4x8

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
That's a pretty sweet looking cue! I'm definitely digging the way he did the fleur de lis!

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I liked that cue when I had it. Very beautiful and, this can't be overstated enough, incredible shaftwood, just out of this world good.
The bottom shaft in the picture has around 40gpi with maybe 1/16" of grain runout across the length of the shaft.

gr. Dave