*** Mike Decahine playing in 3 Cushion tournament in Boston ***

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks Bill, i was sweating the Belgium tournament earlier today, i love to watch 3C.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is another reason why Dechine wil remain a threat to win any event.

He learns more games and is open to new things.

He does need to practice more - but 3C is an excellent teacher of many things that is good for any pool player.

Markg

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I think He's 0-4, but not sure. He has a BIG stroke, maybe too big for 3 cush.

If he ever gets bored with pool, I'd like to take under my wing for instruction.

Like most pool players playing 3C, he hits the ball well thin, off the outside of the ball, and draws the ball a lot.

Here's a game he played against Mazin Shooni. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs77Q_W61sE&feature=youtu.be

With the advent of modern heated billiard tables, the game is ALL about being EXACT. with perfect speed, tempo and timing on every shot.

I invite all to visit my website:http://mr3cushion.com for some info on how the "modern" game of billiards is played correctly!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
He definitely looks like he knows what he's doing... the paths he chose look pretty 'by the book' and give him a chance to score both coming and going. I'm sure if he committed to it he'd never go 0-4 again. With that sick stroke he could probably also do some great artistic 3c shots a la semih sayginer.

Thanks for the links.

xplor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Mike Decahaine and Mr. 3 Cushion for spotlighting the game. The waistcoats and bow ties were a nice touch. I remember how it separated the billiard players from the working class.

dan bennicas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
look good

The comment about how good appearence seperates the 3-c players from the working class is out of sync. For the most part the tournament players are the working class! There is no extreme wealth derived from tournament winnings, most have real jobs just like the rest of us. The 3-c billiard world is just presenting an image of a gentlemans sport. One does not have to be weathly to be a gentleman or to play carom billiards. This dress is required for some tournaments! It is of my opinion that this image is good for the game, it portrays class, as in "classy", and dignity and some should realize that it is only good.
"Shoot straight with angles"
Dan Bennicas

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

I've only played 3cushion a couple of times so maybe I don't know the rules exactly, but after watching Mikes first few shots, I have a question.

His first shot (after the opening shot), the cue ball double kisses the red ball, then continues on it's way to make a hit on the yellow ball. It was my understanding this wasn't a legal shot.

Mainplayer

Gold Member
As long as your ball hits three rails, its legal. The only time its not legal is when you hit both balls that go three rails and hit the other one. Its a great game and after playing with some of these players, I realized that I have to practice a lot more!!. Mazin was down 29-22 and ran a 8 and out that was unbelievable. It was a great experience and I hope to play in another one the USBA's tournament.

MD

I've only played 3cushion a couple of times so maybe I don't know the rules exactly, but after watching Mikes first few shots, I have a question.

His first shot (after the opening shot), the cue ball double kisses the red ball, then continues on it's way to make a hit on the yellow ball. It was my understanding this wasn't a legal shot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Your cue ball must hit 3 rails before hitting the second ball..
Any variation is allowed other than your cue ball striking the second ball early.

Mike uses an open bridge a lot....unusual for 3c.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
As long as your ball hits three rails, its legal. The only time its not legal is when you hit both balls that go three rails and hit the other one. Its a great game and after playing with some of these players, I realized that I have to practice a lot more!!. Mazin was down 29-22 and ran a 8 and out that was unbelievable. It was a great experience and I hope to play in another one the USBA's tournament.

MD

I'm glad you played in the tournament and glad they posted about it
It's the first time I've had enough interest in watching it.
It put a familiar face with the game
Thanks again

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

MD

Ok, now that I know the rules... you got action!

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A clarification: It doesn't have to be three different rails. Any three distinct rail contacts count, even if only one cushion is contacted.