Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Ultimate 10 Ball Womens Almost Full!! Men Dragging.
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
sjm
The Youngest Old Schooler
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
No Ralf was already confirmed. Shane just got confirmed a few hours ago.
That's who I was referring to.

I'm just wondering how long it is going to be before EVERYONE finally says Shane Van Boening is the World's Best Player. I know some have already presented that toast but there seems to be reluctance on others' part to give those particular kudos.

What will he have to do to win your vote as THE WORLD'S BEST PLAYER?
First of all, I assume we're talking about rotational pool.

He'll have to both pick up some WPA titles and outshine Orcullo and Appleton on the biggest stages. In the events over the past year in which the Big 3 played and one of them won (going on memory here concerning participation):

a) At the China Open 9-ball, Orcullo won the $40,000 first prize.

b) At the Hard Times 10-ball, Orcullo took down the ten ball event, beating Shane in the final.

c) At the US Open 10-ball, Orcullo won the title and Shane tied for 17th.

d) At the World 9-ball championships, Appleton won the $40,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

e) In a winner take all final for $25,000 at Mohegan Sun's Challenge of Champions, Darren took ten of the eleven racks played against Shane to win the title.

f) At the US Open 9-ball, Shane won a big first prize, beating Orcullo in the final.

g) At the Mosconi Cup, Darren and Shane played twice, with each winning one match.

h) At the Diamond 10-ball event at Derby City, Orcullo won the $20,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

Shane is in the conversation for the best, but his results make it difficult, even impossible, to proclaim him the best. I think a victory later this month at the China Open, which brings a $40,000 payday to the winner, would be a good way for Shane to make a statement.

What we can say for sure, though, is we're lucky to have the opportunity to watch Shane, Dennis and Darren, three truly great champions.

Right now, however, the evidence says that Dennis Orcullo is the best rotational pool player in the world.

Last edited by sjm; 05-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Old
  (#32)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Post 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Right now, however, the evidence says that Dennis Orcullo is the best rotational pool player in the world.
I hope we see the Filipinos at this event with the cancellation of the World 10 Ball.

Ray

ref. http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/index.as...ils&newsid=112

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

Old
  (#33)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

05-03-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:

He'll have to both pickup some WPA titles and outshine Orcullo and Appleton on the biggest stages. In the events over the past year in which the Big 3 played and one of them won (going on memory here concerning participation):

a) At the Hard Times 10-ball, Orcullo took down the ten ball event, beating Shane in the final.

b) At the US Open 10-ball, Orcullo won the title and Shane tied for 17th.

c) At the World 9-ball championships, Appleton won the $40,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

d) In a winner take all final for $25,000 at Mohegan Sun's Challenge of Champions, Darren took ten of the eleven racks played against Shane to win the title.

e) At the US Open 9-ball, Shane won a big first prize, beating Orcullo in the final.

f) At the Mosconi Cup, Darren and Shane played twice, with each winning one match.

g) At the Diamond 10-ball event at Derby City, Orcullo won the $20,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

Shane is in the conversation for the best, but his results make it difficult, even impossible, to proclaim him the best. I think a victory later this month at the China Open, which brings a $40,000 payday to the winner, would be a good way for Shane to make a statement.

What we can say for sure, though, is we're lucky to have the opportunity to watch Shane, Dennis and Darren, three truly great champions.

Always a GREAT POST!

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#34)
real bartram
Real Cold Steel
real bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond reputereal bartram has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffin View Post
Congratulations to the women.

But I don't understand the men.
People want tot know who is signing up in advance so they can plan on watching etc.

Is this the way of the future since Bonus Ball announced their schedule?
Or is this the men being late as usual?

Interesting times in the billiard industry.

I am hoping players hurry up and get signed up in this event and others ( including mine)!

Mark griffin
CSI
The girls had to sign up early

"Sunday i aint bumpin rap, im bumpin Al Green. Monday i aint selling white, im selling all Green. " ~ Yo Gotti

"I'm on that grey goose, do I know you? " ~ Yo Gotti

"That was a free tip for your non-educated pool ass." ~ "Carlot" Donny Mills

"How you gonna mess with a grizzly when you're a pooh bear?" ~ Unknown rapper

Old
  (#35)
JoeyA
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffin View Post
Congratulations to the women.

But I don't understand the men.
People want tot know who is signing up in advance so they can plan on watching etc.

Is this the way of the future since Bonus Ball announced their schedule?
Or is this the men being late as usual?

Interesting times in the billiard industry.

I am hoping players hurry up and get signed up in this event and others ( including mine)!

Mark griffin
CSI
The promoter Badi Nazhat has just announced an ADDITIONAL $25,000 OF ADDED MONEY TO THE MEN'S EVENT.

That means that he will be adding $75,000.00 of added money to the event.

If I wasn't working this event, I swear I would be playing in it. I think I could at least make expenses in this event and I'm a banger.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

And there will Referees again.....priceless
Old
  (#36)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD CHAMPION
CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - CAPTAIN TOI LOCK - www.cjwiley.com

Thumbs up And there will Referees again.....priceless - 05-05-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
The promoter Badi Nazhat has just announced an ADDITIONAL $25,000 OF ADDED MONEY TO THE MEN'S EVENT.

That means that he will be adding $75,000.00 of added money to the event.

If I wasn't working this event, I swear I would be playing in it. I think I could at least make expenses in this event and I'm a banger.
interesting....very interesting it's a positive sign, I LIKE THAT - Badi is a great promoter, I'm very impressed....And there will Referees again this year.....priceless

Old
  (#37)
juegabillar
Private Citizen
juegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond reputejuegabillar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 105

05-06-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
The added money is GUARANTEED for both the MEN's event and the WOMEN'S event, no matter how many people show up, just like it was with the other two Ultimate 10 Ball Tournament that Badi promoted.

So can we expect both of you to enter this event?
Comment edited since I realized that the guaranteed money was in fact added to the prize fund.

...and I am not a "Player", I just help spread the work among our Latin-American friends.

Harold Acosta
Billiards, a passionate sport for the mind and soul!

Last edited by juegabillar; 05-06-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Old
  (#38)
JoeyA

05-06-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juegabillar View Post
Comment edited since I realized that the guaranteed money was in fact added to the prize fund.

...and I am not a "Player", I just help spread the work among our Latin-American friends.
Please keep spreading the word.

This event is about UNITY and all are welcome!

Old
  (#39)
Johnnyt
Bring Back The 10 Foot Ta
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 227290

05-07-2013, 09:21 AM

Is this a seeded event? I didn't see it mentioned on the website.

I don't see why the men are dragging their feet on this super tournament. To me it's a win for players and fans a like. Maybe there is something I'm missing here. Am I missing something here? If the $500 entry fee is holding them back, then that's a shame. Johnnyt

Old People Rock
These Golden years suck.

Old
  (#40)
Fatboy
AzB Gold Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

05-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:

He'll have to both pick up some WPA titles and outshine Orcullo and Appleton on the biggest stages. In the events over the past year in which the Big 3 played and one of them won (going on memory here concerning participation):

b) At the Hard Times 10-ball, Orcullo took down the ten ball event, beating Shane in the final.

c) At the US Open 10-ball, Orcullo won the title and Shane tied for 17th.

d) At the World 9-ball championships, Appleton won the $40,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

e) In a winner take all final for $25,000 at Mohegan Sun's Challenge of Champions, Darren took ten of the eleven racks played against Shane to win the title.

f) At the US Open 9-ball, Shane won a big first prize, beating Orcullo in the final.

g) At the Mosconi Cup, Darren and Shane played twice, with each winning one match.

h) At the Diamond 10-ball event at Derby City, Orcullo won the $20,000 first prize and Shane did not cash.

I've watched a lot of pool in the past 30 years and there is no doubt in my mind at "This" moment, right now Denis is hitting the balls better than anyone playing 10B. If he had shane's break he would win EVERYTHING 10B and probably 9B.

I believe SVB is a much better all around player. Denis needs more time for 1P and I think Shane out banks him too.

Darren gets up for the big events, and i really respect that-ton's of heart.

But for 9,10 ball Denis is the guy to beat right now.

After watching Efren play Shane last week, if the match's were a hour long, WOW, he got out of the gate fast on Shane all 3 days as I recall, but wore down soon(I think its age )

thats how I see it, and Wu Cha Ching if he pops up again, I think the rumor he had blood cancer was just a rumor, I been looking around for any validation of that.

Last comment never count out Alex, Kiamco, JA and yes Earl(he catches the right gear forget about it).

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#41)
Fatboy
AzB Gold Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

05-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
interesting....very interesting it's a positive sign, I LIKE THAT - Badi is a great promoter, I'm very impressed....And there will Referees again this year.....priceless

nice to see things like this happening, perhaps its a sign of things to come,

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#42)
sjm
The Youngest Old Schooler
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
Is this a seeded event? I didn't see it mentioned on the website.

I don't see why the men are dragging their feet on this super tournament. To me it's a win for players and fans a like. Maybe there is something I'm missing here. Am I missing something here? If the $500 entry fee is holding them back, then that's a shame. Johnnyt
No, you're not missing anything here. In men's pro pool, these are the times we live in.

When there was a proper tour with a published list of player members under contract, a promoter could approach a potential sponsor and promise the participation of those player members. This made the pro pool product an easier sell to venue sponsors, those wanting banner or booth space at the event, and fans keen on following their favorites on the tournament trail.

The Bonus Ball guys (please, no bashing of them in this thread) have shown they understand this and fans like me and you appreciate knowing, more or less, which players will play on what night well in advance. They've also shown that locking up the players well in advance of an event is not something easily, or inexpensively, accomplished.

.... so, JohnnyT, you and I live in a pro pool world in which field size and quality are something we, all too often, find out at the last minute, because so many pros are deciding at the last moment whether or not to participate.

The Ultimate 10-ball event is still a month and a half away, so there's nothing shocking here, but any elite players who play Bonus Ball while the Ultimate 10-ball is in progress will be making a statement, and, at least in my view, they will be making the wrong statement.

Stay tuned.

Old
  (#43)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

05-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
No, you're not missing anything here. In men's pro pool, these are the times we live in.

When there was a proper tour with a published list of player members under contract, a promoter could approach a potential sponsor and promise the participation of those player members. This made the pro pool product an easier sell to venue sponsors, those wanting banner or booth space at the event, and fans keen on following their favorites on the tournament trail.

The Bonus Ball guys (please, no bashing of them in this thread) have shown they understand this and fans like me and you appreciate knowing, more or less, which players will play on what night well in advance. They've also shown that locking up the players well in advance of an event is not something easily, or inexpensively, accomplished.

.... so, JohnnyT, you and I live in a pro pool world in which field size and quality are something we, all too often, find out at the last minute, because so many pros are deciding at the last moment whether or not to participate.

The Ultimate 10-ball event is still a month and a half away, so there's nothing shocking here, but any elite players who play Bonus Ball while the Ultimate 10-ball is in progress will be making a statement, and, at least in my view, they will be making the wrong statement.

Stay tuned.
Stu,

Very good post.

I have been told by a top player that there are no bonus ball matches scheduled that will interfere with the Ultimate 10 Ball.. I hope this is accurate.

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

Old
  (#44)
1on1pooltournys
AzB Silver Member
1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute1on1pooltournys has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to 1on1pooltournys Send a message via Yahoo to 1on1pooltournys  
05-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck View Post

After you register you will receive an email with instructions on payment. No Cash will be accepted this year.
This could be part of the problem on behalf of the men. Just a guess. Either way they better figure it out and send the money in. Sounds like one hell of an event.

"To play billiards well was a sign of an ill-spent youth"
-Herbert Spencer

"If you're smart enough to know, then you are smart enough to keep your mouth shut."
-anonymous "Old School"pool hustler

"The game of Billiards has destroyed my naturally sweet disposition."
- Samuel Clemens

"Most men live lives of quiet desperation."
- Henry Thoreau

"I'm what the game made me."
- Mikey Frost

Old
  (#45)
bfdlad
T-Wheels
bfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck View Post
Stu,

Very good post.

I have been told by a top player that there are no bonus ball matches scheduled that will interfere with the Ultimate 10 Ball.. I hope this is accurate.

Ray
I just spoke with Rodney on a couple of things and he had told me before that he would free until the end of Tunica. When I spoke with him today he clarified things for me a little and he is only available from June 2nd til the end of the UTBC NOT the entire southern classic. So Bonus Ball have cleared their schedule around the UTBC only. Alot of the players will be returning to Vegas right after to play their Bonus Ball matches. I am not sure how this affects the UTBC attendance but it may.

Mark Cantrill
Legends and Champions Pool Tour
480-612-7732

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: