Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Video - 2013 World Snooker Championship - Final - O'Sullivan vs Hawkins
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Video - 2013 World Snooker Championship - Final - O'Sullivan vs Hawkins
Old
  (#1)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Video - 2013 World Snooker Championship - Final - O'Sullivan vs Hawkins - 05-08-2013, 05:54 AM

2013 World Snooker Championship
Final
Ronnie O’Sullivan vs Barry Hawkins

Best of 35
(for the mathematically challenged pool player, aka Fatboy, the winner has to get 18 frames)

I haven’t viewed these, but seem to be the complete match, and the only source I’ve found with English commentary - BBC

First Session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVGPHTz2xI

Second Session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR1588CANI8

Third Session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX3xO2AZ6go

Final Session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkebXhPnEbM

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
Northern California
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-08-2013, 07:58 AM

The last frame of the third session has a very remarkable run out ("clearance") by Ronnie O'Sullivan that begins with a bank (or as he would call it, a "double"). The following time-keyed link should take you to just before the run ("break") starts.
http://youtu.be/DX3xO2AZ6go?t=2h36m8s
Notice the shots he plays left-handed.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
Tobermory
AzB Silver Member
Tobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 08:07 AM

Dear "Scaramouche,"

Just yesterday morning I was harmlessly driving along with my Sirius XM set to BBC World Service. I turned it on in the middle of a feature in which a sports psychologist was talking about his recent work with a major sports figure and how different it had been for him to work with someone in this particular sport. After about a minute and a half it came out that he was talking about working with Ronnie O'Sullivan! Can you imagine NPR broadcasting a feature about a psychologist working with.....oh, fill in the name.

Old
  (#4)
Tobermory
AzB Silver Member
Tobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond reputeTobermory has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 08:27 AM

%%%##%&&(( !!! Is this some kind of gaffe table? What's wrong with the cloth around the side pockets?

Just kidding, but the question is serious. Does the cloth on snooker tables always get worn like that around the side pockets? Is it worn like that on pool tables? If it is, I've never noticed it.

Old
  (#5)
RunoutJJ
Professional Banger
RunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 09:23 AM

I was so amazed by the words of renowned Scottish player Terry Griffiths (Barry's coach!!) and how he describes the feeling of playing professional Snooker...

Check the second video in the OP and go to the 1:27:30 mark to hear what he has to say.

"You just saw me run 62 balls, and you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, I didn't like the way you played it." ~Waterdog playing Straights

Hit a gear at one of those tournaments and have everyone saying, "Who the #$%& is that guy?", then start dogging it and have everyone be like, "Oh, never mind." ~Victorl

Old
  (#6)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunoutJJ View Post
I was so amazed by the words of renowned Scottish player Terry Griffiths (Barry's coach!!) and how he describes the feeling of playing professional Snooker...

Check the second video in the OP and go to the 1:27:30 mark to hear what he has to say.
Following that bit, in an interview with Steve Davis, Ronnie mentions that he has a book coming out later in the year. So all headlines, flattering or not, are good publicity.

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#7)
Slasher
∆x = * x 2 ® − hxi 2
Slasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunoutJJ View Post

Terry is proudly Welsh

Old
  (#8)
Slasher
∆x = * x 2 ® − hxi 2
Slasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobermory View Post
%%%##%&&(( !!! Is this some kind of gaffe table? What's wrong with the cloth around the side pockets?

Just kidding, but the question is serious. Does the cloth on snooker tables always get worn like that around the side pockets? Is it worn like that on pool tables? If it is, I've never noticed it.
Snooker cloth is napped cloth, the nap runs towards the top (black spot) of the table, the discoloration you see around the middle pockets is from working the wrinkles out during installation.

Old
  (#9)
Pathetic Shark
Banned
Pathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
Snooker cloth is napped cloth, the nap runs towards the top (black spot) of the table, the discoloration you see around the middle pockets is from working the wrinkles out during installation.
There was quite a lot of discussion about the players being unhappy with how the table was recovered prior to the final, with it being cut from a different batch than that used earlier in the tournament, and significantly slower as a result. Ronnie ran his hands across the cloth around the middle pockets several times, indicating it was loose or poorly fitted.

He coped with the conditions in the end lol.

Old
  (#10)
Slasher
∆x = * x 2 ® − hxi 2

05-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
There was quite a lot of discussion about the players being unhappy with how the table was recovered prior to the final, with it being cut from a different batch than that used earlier in the tournament, and significantly slower as a result. Ronnie ran his hands across the cloth around the middle pockets several times, indicating it was loose or poorly fitted.

He coped with the conditions in the end lol.
It does seem Millikens QC is suspect, I have a number 10 that is slower than a 6811TG, going to install Hainsworth Precision next time around.
Oh yah RO muddled through lol

Old
  (#11)
Pathetic Shark
Banned
Pathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2013, 11:14 AM

How much does it cost to recover a table?

Old
  (#12)
Bob Jewett
Northern California
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
In the US, something over $300 for the cloth plus a few hundred for a competent fitter.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#13)
Slasher
∆x = * x 2 ® − hxi 2

05-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
6811TG would probably be around $450+ install and No10 or precision around $900-$1000 + install.

I bring my cloth back with me from the UK when I go and fit it myself. There are no qualified fitters around here just hacks.

Old
  (#14)
Pathetic Shark
Banned

05-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
6811TG would probably be around $450+ install and No10 or precision around $900-$1000 + install.

I bring my cloth back with me from the UK when I go and fit it myself. There are no qualified fitters around here just hacks.
Yikes. I presume that must be rather a large package to bring back, and heavy too. Covering a table yourself can't be easy, either - long way to go for a replacement if you cock it up!

Old
  (#15)
Pathetic Shark
Banned

05-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
In the US, something over $300 for the cloth plus a few hundred for a competent fitter.
That's not bad, actually. I know players that spend $1k a year on recovering their pool tables to match GB9 standards, so half that for a snooker table is reasonable. I presume cushions last a lot longer and don't need replacing so often?

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: