• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Wolf Biscuit

Wolf Biscuit.............Not saying you are wrong but I've always understood the design George Balabushka used on his cues, which has since become known and referred to as Bushka Rings,
used an alternating pattern of block checkered squares of ebony and ivory pieces. I've always found that somewhat amusing since George favored using MOP etched diamonds and dots for inlays
and he was known for also using other types of rings, including some made of wood. But the reference to "Bushka Rings"......IMO.....is misleading.

The Runde cue uses double stacked ivory rings more akin to a Hoppe cue design which, of course, uses a single ivory ring. By the way, George B. used a single Bushka Ring above the wrap and
not below the wrap, or in the cue butt sleeve, so he could keep the balance point higher on the cue. However, other cue-makers that have exactly copied George's Bushka Ring design have typically
added extra Bushka Rings below the wrap, as well as in the cue butt sleeve, to produce a more fancy design. George wasn't known to be the most creative cue-maker but he was recognized for his
greatness (1959-1975) and only produced1100-1200 cues.

By the way, I concur with you about the great look the Runde cue has......a real winner.

Last edited: