Grudge Match - Columbus, Ohio August 20,21

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
There has been barking for 3 years or so from these two and there is definitely no love lost here.

Chris Bartram does not care for Gene Albrecht and Gene don't really care for Chris much either.

Chris has been hearing rumors that Gene has been saying he can beat Chris Bartram even, especially right now with his new exercise program and healthy diet. He says he has heard this from more than one person. ~what does Gene have to say about this??

Gene has been around Columbus for several weeks now and has been helping numerous players improve their game with his Perfect Aim course. The locals have looked up to Chris' game for some time now. Nothing would help business like taking down the local legend, The Smooth Criminal. ~what does Chris have to say about this??

Chris wants to play tonight!! He's ready to rumble. Chris wants to play for several Geese, Gene's bankroll will not afford that right now. Soooooooo. How much are they playing for??? An undisclosed amount. But I can tell you this.....Gene needs to win this or he's in trouble. Gene always plays on his own cash and Chris....well he can play for whatever he wants. Chris' only stipulation on the amount...."I want it to hurt" :shocked2:

To make this match happen I have offered the PPV money to the players 75% will go to the winner and 25% will go the loser. The players have agreed to jelly me. It was easy for me since I will heading right through Columbus next week on my way to Beloit. Both Chris and Gene will also be in Beloit btw.

The Terms~

2 out of 3 sets
Race to 21.
10 Ball.
Magic Ball Rack or Wood rack. players choice.
Measle ball
Aramith ball set.
9ft Diamond Table (yes Chris' own table).:shocked:
Simonis Cloth

The Location~

Players Billiards 4380 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43213 (614) 239-7665

Pass to Watch~ http://www.poolactiontv.com/categories/PPV/

Day Pass ~15
Event Pass ~25[/B]

Tuesday August 20th 7pm eastern standard time the game will begin: First Set
Wednesday August 21st 7pm eastern Second Set (and Third set decider if needed)
002RGB_zps44ccaf87.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Are you kidding me?

Races to 21, two out of three sets, on Chris's table, a 9 foot table at that?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is so one-sided Chris's way, I don't know what to say.

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding me?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

JoeyA

Gene doesn't think so. He does sound like a new man with the recent weight lose, exercise and healthy diet.

Ray

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding me?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

JoeyA

Chris has said for awhile now he is done traveling and whoever comes to his town WILL GET ACTION! He has proven this and is letting us all watch it at a cheap price. This will be a reeeealllllbarrtram BARN BURNER!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That seems like a tough hill for Gene to climb but I think he once worked for the cable company or something like that, so I bet he's a pretty good climber.

Having said that, I'm with JoeyA -- I would have liked to see a bar table/nine footer matchup. Bar table first day. Big table second day. Tie after day two and whoever wins the most racks get to decide what they play a short race to 7 or 9 on for the title.

Either way I think this could be epic. I applaud Gene just for stepping up.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Looking damn forward to seeing this action with my own eyes Tuesday night for sure, Wednesday night I have obligations keeping me at home, so PPV it will be for Wednesdays match or two unless I can work a miracle.
Thanks to Bigtruck for doing the streaming and possibly making this happen altogether. This type of action is very reminiscent of the way action used to go down in Dayton, Ohio during the late 60s' & early 70s'. I'm giddy like a schoolboy........
Bets of luck to both players, But I have to pull for an old friend Chris on this one.

Dopc.

SeanChamp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At about 57 miles and $3.34/gallon, It'll cost me about $12 to drive there and back or $15 to watch in the comfort of my own home. Hmmmmmm ........ Guess I am driving to Cbus Tuesday.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
At about 57 miles and $3.34/gallon, It'll cost me about $12 to drive there and back or $15 to watch in the comfort of my own home. Hmmmmmm ........ Guess I am driving to Cbus Tuesday.

By all means, if your close enough to sweat this in person, you need to get in your car and get down here.

There will be 3 camera angles, commentary a live scoreboard on screen. Still hard to capture what you see live.

Come by and say hello if you're there.

Ray

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went over and checked out the table tonight.

Those pockets are tight:angry:. Not my cup of tea but i'll make it work. I'll just have to aim a little harder. Perfect Aim that is.:grin-square:

The pockets are 4 1/8 so they say. I think they're a little bit smaller. But what do i know.

This all makes sense. Rays here, I'm here and so is Chris. We're all here so let's get it done.

I'll bet Chris never dreamed I'd come to his town.:rolleyes:

I know Chris is a great player but he underestimates me for sure.:nono:

Chris heard rumors that I told everyone I could kick his Ars. I also heard rumors that Dee Atkins offered me the last 3 and I turned it down.

Neither was true but now we're going to see if I can make one of them come true.
Hint as to which one? It ain't Dee Atkins.

I'm thinking I can win or I wouldn't play. i'm right on the edge of being in top form again. The trick will be to get a little practice this week. Something I havn't gotten too much of giving so many lessons.

This will be a great warmup for me to get ready for Beloit. There will be so many great players there but with getting ready for Chris and then playing, there will be no ring rust by the time I get to Beloit for sure.

If I can get ready I can guarantee chris is in for a long 2 days for sure. And from what i saw today i will be raring to go for sure next tuesday.

Playing on Chris's table, in his favorite poolhall, in his town, and I just found out from the add, a measle cue ball. I'll get used to it.

I played on the road for 15 years. There is no home field advantage when both players are ready.

It would be sweet to pull this one off.:joyful:

Thanks Ray for making this happen I'll give it all I got..........

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Those pockets are tight:angry:. Not my cup of tea but i'll make it work. I'll just have to aim a little harder. Perfect Aim that is.:grin-square:

The pockets are 4 1/8 so they say. I think they're a little bit smaller. But what do i know.

This all makes sense. Rays here, I'm here and so is Chris. We're all here so let's get it done.

Chris heard rumors that I told everyone I could kick his Ars. I also heard rumors that Dee Atkins offered me the last 3 and I turned it down.

Neither was true but now we're going to see if I can make one of them come true.

I'm thinking I can win or I wouldn't play. i'm right on the edge of being in top form again. The trick will be to get a little practice this week. Something I havn't gotten too much of giving so many lessons.

This will be a great warmup for me to get ready for Beloit. There will be so many great players there but with getting ready for Chris and then playing, there will be no ring rust by the time I get to Beloit for sure.

If I can get ready I can guarantee chris is in for a long 2 days for sure. And from what i saw today i will be raring to go for sure next tuesday.

Playing on Chris's table, in his favorite poolhall, in his town, and I just found out from the add, a measle cue ball. I'll get used to it.

I played on the road for 15 years. There is no home field advantage when both players are ready.

Here ya go. Gonna need everything you can get.
rabbits_foot.jpg

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

You know if you win ill want to play more
Smile face

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

Guess how many times I played on that table since jan
3 times
I know it's my table but I always prac at home

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see this finally come together. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch. I respect them both so I just hope it's a good match for all the viewers.

If they're both going to Beloit, maybe there will be a rematch there.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I will be watching if I can! I love watching both these guys play.

THIS IS WAY TO CHEAP TO SEE THIS CALIBER OF POOL! BUY IT UP PEOPLE!!!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno's got this in the bank. Chris is a tourney player now.

Hahahaha. I've noticed that too! :D
JoeyA

Sheeat! And he is a 1p tourney player, at that!

I never seen Bart cry. Geno is gonna whup him, then go for a 5mi run and swim a mile too, following that up with some weightlifting and a pound of spinach (not the THC kind). Maybe he will munch on raw fish while they play. I hear that is his new move...he gets the stank all over the balls (not the THC kind).

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm moving my home over towards home base today.....

Guess how many times I played on that table since jan
3 times
I know it's my table but I always prac at home

My home is on the road. Not a good place for the weak and meek.

Done this for about 4 out of the last 5 years.

Strongest I've felt in 5 years also.

I'm going to live on the table for the next 6 days or so.

Got a few lessons to do but other than that i'm all in.

Just like in the old days.

In the old days I matched up good because I was always up to a certain level. The better you play the smarter you seem.

Ray. I think I 'm going to be ready tomorrow. How soon can you get here?

I played with some of the local guys down there last night.

They know where they're smart money is going.

One guy said something about having to beat someone whos picture is on the wall.

I told him it wouldn't be the first time i did that or the last time.

I'm ready...............

Last edited: